musicrab

Wilderness (1.7.1) - how I escaped

Canada 2 worked for me. Had a text in screen saying server ran another version than me but I just headed east and ran until I hit a town. then i logout and in on another server and i was still at the town.

I see that people refer to debug forest as an area outside of the map but the videos I see show at least trees spawning. What if you are in an area that just has green terrain and no grass or trees. Every time I hit respawn it just takes me back here. I once was in an area that I just had to run east along the ocean that finally got me back on the map but this is different.

It started yesterday when me and my roommate both logged in and couldn't move and were in the same area I described. Today I can move but this just doesn't seem like the same area people are referring to as debug forest.

I have updated to the most recent beta patch of Arma 2 and DayZ today.

Not sure if this helps but every time I click respawn my character has nothing, not even a back pack and when you click 3rd person, I'm invisible.

Here is a screenshot of where I have been stuck at on every server even after respawning. In this shot I found some random person just standing there but not responding. There isn't always people in this area.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968406595/screenshot/578959576700167403?tab=public

Dude, debug forest, is a FOREST. Now, the Debug "Area"/ Wildernes, endless desert, whatever you may call, is the one you are in. I've already posted here, and everyone had already talked about how you get out of there.

About being invisible I don't really know. I've heard that you should try to check if you are with the real newest set of patches (1.7.1.4 / 93825). Try to re-install DayZ (delete and let Six Updater install it for you, maybe?).

I'm still stuck in the same empty area too. I will keep looking into it. I need to get this going before the weekend.

Didn't work for me, I used Canada 2, reached Pavlovo, walked a bit more to the east and logged out. Joined another server and landed back on plains. This bug ruined whole game for me. :(

I made it out and then when I relogged I ended up back in the forest :/ Any fix to that?

Also scanning for word on this fix.

Played up until 3 days ago, had CZ pack, rifle, good gear, lots of food and water etc.

Install all the updated files tonight and no longer have access to most servers. They all seem to have a red X.

The few I could get on with 1.7.1.5 and no beta I would spawn in this empty field.

I lost all my main gear menu stuff. My pack is still full with it's supplies and my compass, map etc are intact.

I am 21km on all respawns and all servers from play area.

I tried respawning. No effect. I lost ALL my gear on that server but when I logged otu to try another server, back in the debug field and with my original gear content, still 21km from anywhere.

Slyder73, try to do as we told on previous posts in this Thread. Usually works.

Vrbsod and ijon, have you updated all your game? Like, last DayZ full update + Beta Patch? Try to download the DayZ files from the torrent on the download page, delete the old files and place those from the torrent on the folder. You should have the latest beta too... For me, right now, those are 1.7.1.5 and 1.60.93965.

If you didn't have that done, do it and try geting out of the debug forest again. Then after that go to a updated server and see where you are. I'm searching how to solve those problems too. ^^

Oh yeah, I forgot it.. do you know how to run the Beta update after installing it? :P

Because there are specific ways to do that! It's not like before installing it, it's kind of complicated. There are some threads talking about how to do that... make sure you are running the game with the Beta (It should appear on your right up corner "Beta" something, and on the right down corner the number of the beta patch (for the latest it should be 1.60.93965).

Canada 2 didn't work for me. Walked to the town, and a bit further east. Logged out and into a 1.7.1.5 server and bam, back to the Wilderness I go.

Just curious: Have anyone had success after the first try, as in, first time didn't work, but second or third did?

And, this method works with 1.7.1.5 98625, right?

Just tried this and it seems some retards are camping and killing people there, if devs can go and ban them now plz do.

The following method worked for me, I was in the "desert" or NoMansLand.

1) If you're in desert, quit the game, and delete the @DayZ folder. Then install version 1.7.1.4.

2) Make sure you have installed latest Arma2 Beta Patch (ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip)

3) log in Canada 2 Server (it's in 1.7.1.4) You will spawn in Debug Forest.

4) when in debug forest with alot of dead bodies, head east. Most of the time you should spawn facing east; Otherwise maybe you'll some other player run, then follow him.

5) when you reach a village, go a bit farther east than the village, then stop somewhere for ~2minutes then logout, quit the game.

6) Re install 1.7.1.5 and connect to your server of choice. You should connect where you logged out.

Curious, where the heck does one get the 1.7.1.4? I've looked around and haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for uploading it.

But another question:

What to do with the file.

If I take the folder @DayZ inside the DayZ - 1.7.1.4 folder, I will get an error upon trying to join the DayZ - Canada 2 server. Missing DayZ_Code, weapons, equip and vehicles.

As in, if I replace the @DayZ inside

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

With the one in the folder.

Any idea?

I've seen people hitting the 'respawn' button and spawning at the debug zone again, I actually have a lot of friends with that issue. If anyone knows how to fix that.. please tell me.

i'm also having this issue, i spawn in the wilderness, and keep running east, but i dont see any trees appearing or anything, i tried canada 2 method, but the server is laggy as hell due to the amount of dead bodies(assuming they have the same problem), anyway i ran with all the lag to the closest building i could see, logged out, and logged into a 1.7.1.5 server, still spawned in debug forest... this is killin me.

Canada 2 didn't work for me, running latest beta and 1.7.1.5 . .

. . I had compass, so I just ran SE for about an hour and got out of the desert of the real, ie. the never-ending wilderness. If you run out of food on the way, try logging in and out - not sure if changing version had to do something with it (I went 1.7.1.4/1.7.1.5 servers), but I got my food and water replenished 100% when I logged back in few times on different servers.

The following method worked for me' date=' I was in the "desert" or NoMansLand.[/size']

1) If you're in desert, quit the game, and delete the @DayZ folder. Then install version 1.7.1.4.

2) Make sure you have installed latest Arma2 Beta Patch (ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip)

3) log in Canada 2 Server (it's in 1.7.1.4) You will spawn in Debug Forest.

4) when in debug forest with alot of dead bodies, head east. Most of the time you should spawn facing east; Otherwise maybe you'll some other player run, then follow him.

5) when you reach a village, go a bit farther east than the village, then stop somewhere for ~2minutes then logout, quit the game.

6) Re install 1.7.1.5 and connect to your server of choice. You should connect where you logged out.

ITS WORK:exclamation: NOT ONLY CANADA 2:exclamation: CHOSE SERVER 1.7.4 (beta 93965):exclamation:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :heart: Vanlock :heart:

How the hell do I know where east is in Canada 2 debug forest? I have no compass. Just fucking awesome...

Follow the clouds. Someone is usually nice enough to let you know what direction they are going.

They were ending east in canada 2.

Hope this is a good place to put this. Ended up in the wilderness with 1.7.1. Escaped as follows :-

1. find server canada 2 (filter on "dayz _ canada 2" or something)

For some reason this gets you to the debug forest. Don't ask me how. EVEN if you get a client error (versions) ignore it.

2. Head EAST for 2KM. That's all.

3. Restart and connect to server of choice. You're back!

EDIT: brings you onto the map WEST of Zelenogorsk

do you have to go to this server in order for this to work?

And I only have a flashlight with me so yeah.. when you spawn. are you automatically facing north?