musicrab

Wilderness (1.7.1) - how I escaped

Hope this is a good place to put this. Ended up in the wilderness with 1.7.1. Escaped as follows :-

1. find server canada 2 (filter on "dayz _ canada 2" or something)

For some reason this gets you to the debug forest. Don't ask me how. EVEN if you get a client error (versions) ignore it.

2. Head EAST for 2KM. That's all.

3. Restart and connect to server of choice. You're back!

EDIT: brings you onto the map WEST of Zelenogorsk

The canada 2 server idea came from somebody else (sorry - cannot remember them to give them the credit) so 2 of us have tried it. Doesn't do any harm in trying.

its just finding east is the problem, cant do it on the canader server, cant connect to it.

I gave up running East (or SE) after 20mins (perhaps I was going the wrong way).

"canada 2" spawned me in the debug forest which made things MUCH easier.

I'll try that. I happened to spawn in the Wilderness (Debug Area - not forest) with all my gear (GPS, Map, Compass).. And I got where I were... It was 1,5 real map distance from the real map. :P

I was at 820x900, to go back to the map I should head SE (82x90, 83x91... 99x99, 00x00), and when I hit 00x00 I would be back at the real map. At least it's my theory :P (FYI, the real map goes from 00 to 13... so it's a long walk :D)

Does anyone knows if we do this Canada 2 trick you will get back to the real map with all your stuff?

^ if you have all your stuff in the wilderness, yes kit carries through to the debug forest (and hence real map.)

Oh, another question before I try that...

1) I have my Ghillie suit, and I'm using beta patch... it seems Canada 2 don't use beta. So, I was told that if you log in with different suits (such as ghillie) in a server with no beta patch, you will spawn in the ocean...

2) I'm using the newest patch (93825), and Canada 2 seems to not use any beta patch. It seems that if you have the 825 patch, you won't be able to log in any server that have older versions, or even none beta patch..

So, was you with 1.7.1, 93825 and with other suit then civ one, trying this trick of yours? I'm afraind to, if I am able to joing Canada 2, spawn in the ocean and lose my stuff.. :P

^ I was fully patched (dayz and Arma2) when using the canada 2 trick; got onto Canada 2 ok but got "client version mismatch" shaded message in the background; cannot comment about your ghillie suit I'm afraid!

Dude, thanks a lot! That helped!! :D

Filter only the word "canada", there will be 2 servers. Choose Canada 2. Easy like this. :)

So, I spawned in the "Debug Forest" as it is called, and it was pretty much WEST from Pavlovo... the exact position is about 010x110 or 010x120 (GPS) ( http://teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/ ). It might take from 5-10 min, maybe 20 if you get too lost in the woods. If you don't have a compass, try to use your shadow or the sun. If it is of any help, I think the server Canada 2 uses GMT -6 (use this to know where your shadow must be...)

So, if you walk east too much and don't find Pavlovo, go South and you might be able to find the coast. Carefull, in the server Canada 2 there are people waiting for others get out of the Debug Forest and kill you. I've seen some bodies throught the forest and on it's borders. So I would advise you to be very carefull!

Using your shadow: It's not very precise, I think, but it's something like this -> If it's morning, your shadow will be in the West, and the Sun (if there is any) in the East. If it's afternoon, otherwise. :)

...Carefull' date=' in the server Canada 2 there are people waiting for others get out of the Debug Forest and kill you. I've seen some bodies through the forest and on it's borders. So I would advise you to be very carefull!

[/quote']Blimey, aren't some people evil :-) (strictly speaking you'll get banned for killing in the debug forest...)

Yeah, but since it's a huge bug and I've seen a lot of people killing each other on the wilderness too, the devs and admins may not ban people for this.... no one knew what was happening. When I spawned in the Wilderness I shot 1 guy that seemed to have nothing with him just to make sure it was "real", to test it... =P

Poor lad had nothing to do with it, but I was scared, like everyone was...

Well, sure, it is freaking evil to wait on the edges of the Debug Forest only to kill those poor guys that had only got back from a glitch. But I think the admins and devs will forgive a lot of people, and some of this bad guys might be spared.

Carefull anyways :P

I also spawned in the Wilderness, having a map and on a server that allowed a shift leftclick on that map I found out that I was about 29 km west of the edge of Chernarus.

Since I was well stocked with food, 3 tins and 4 cooked meat and 4 cantines of water I decided to make a go for it, it will take you a while, but I got there, by that time I was down to my last cantine, so to nearest pond and filled them all up. I know there is a Deerstand nearby, lets check it out, wauw a AKM and a GPS-Locator. I left the AKM with 3 mags because I already have a M4A1 with 4 mags.

Oh and a boar that I passed on that long walk is also in my backpack now :9

But this is not something I would reccomend, taking that long distance walk, especially not when you are low on food and water/drinks, you won't make it.

^ can I ask which server you connected to to get out of the wilderness? "canada 2" was the original favourite to do this but I guess any 1.7.0 server will do. (filter=1.7.0)

At time of posting, there are just over 20 still running 1.7.0, so if you're in the wilderness and want to keep your kit do this ASAP.

wish rocket on on of the admins would make a thread about this issue, just to know if there doing something about it or letting us deal with it ourself...

didnt helped.its always drop me back to the forest every1 time i relog.and it does drop me back to nowhere on any other server.

I will re-post this here from another thread with the same issues...

-----

For those spawning in the Wilderness:

1) Make sure you have the latest BETA patch ( http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/ ) and DayZ patch 1.7.1.1 (works with 1.7.1 too).

***Not confirmed if works for 1.7.1.2 or higher, would someone please confirm it?***

***Not confirmed if it will work with other beta patches (higher than 93825 in the close future***

2) Find a server that runs DayZ 1.7.0 (It seems to not matter about it being not a beta server). The most used is Canada 2 (Filter "Canada")

***Not confirmed if works with DayZ 1.7.1 and higher. Theoretically, it would work with any server that have a lower DayZ patch then yours, but not confirmed... ***

3) You will spawn 5-10 min West from Pavlovo, and maybe 20 min North from the Coast. Make your choice. (Go South or East, or SE, who cares?)

*** YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE DEBUG FOREST BEFORE LOG OUT!!!! Otherwise you will still get stuck on Debug Forest/Wilderness... *** - # If you arrive in Pavlovo or Kamenka, I would guess it's considered out of the bounds of Debug Forest...

If you are not able to find a 1.7.0 server, you might run as some people are suggesting. It may take you from 30 min or 4 hours running SE, depending on where you spawned on the Debug Wilderness...

This guy seems to have found the precise locations with the GPS:

(06-10-2012 08:53 AM)4L4N Wrote: The co-ords for Debug "fields" = 813,894

The co-ords for Debug "Forest" = 004,116

I had a GPS while on the Wilderness (Debug Fields). So, if you notice, you will have to run from 813,894 to 999.999 and it will turn to 000,000. Then you will be on the real map.

Thanks dayzrab for the original information. :D

I hope this "step-by-step" and more detailed information will help you guys! :)