Sign in to follow this  
Brad34

noob player just starting DAYZ

i just bought Arma II combined operations off of steam and im trying to figure out how to install it. Do i just click on it through steam and what do i do about dayz, there are 2 versions. Which do i download DAYZ six or Dayz commander and how do i install that and where do i install it to. I tried looking it up and couldnt find what im looking for.

It's actually dead simple if you have dayz commander. Just run it and click the install/update tab and install the latest arma beta and latest dayz. It will download and extract all you need into the apropriate directory. Now if you plan to play on servers that run different variations of dayz you need to install these too. Everything is there on that tab.

• Like 1

Yep. Get DayZ commander. I think all of the veteran players are sick of explaining how to install it :P much easier to use a third party program.

• Like 1

so again just to make sure, DL Dayz commander and install and it will do it automatically, i dont have to make any folders in Arma II combined operations folder just for DAYZ? again ty for your help

Nope. You just click the Install/Update button up the top of the screen and you can download any maps you want. Then when you look through the server list in DayZ Commander, you find one you want, double click it and it will launch the game with the required parameters automatically and put you straight into that server :)

• Like 1

ooh ty my friend from work was saying that dayz was very difficult to install, im wondering if he didnt know about dayz commander then?