kaidalen21

Post your Ideas for DayZ standalone (Devs read please?)

So I am starting this Topic to see what the DayZ community would like to see in the standalone version of Dayz, hopefully our ideas will give the dev team some inspiration to implement some of these ideas into the actual standalone Dayz. Post your ideas below and lets hope the dev team reads it!

Here is my idea.

DayZ is a fantastic game by itself and how its made now. But it would be nice to see some other features added just to keep the game exciting and interesting. Things like Safe Havens, factions, like you choose if you want to be a survivor or bandit. These are my ideas and hopefully you guys can share yours.

Safe Havens - A little area / town thats protected by survivors, it would be used to chat to fellow survivors for going out to find weapons, food, drinks, vehicles, helis. Would also be interesting if the "Safe Haven" would be randomly attacked by hoards of Zombies, if there is enough players guarding the Safe Haven it can be protected. If there is minimal amount of players. the Zombies can overrun the safe haven, and would require a small team to re take it. The Safe Haven would also be used for emergency food / water supply, though, you can't take any of those supplies with you, and there would be limited amount of supplies, you can run out of supplies if abused, and the only way to re-supply would band together with survivors and scavenge for food / water.

Of course there would only be one Safe Haven, so people wouldn't feel to need to just abuse the supplies so they don't find the need to find it for themselves. Like if a person just needed food / water because their indicators were flashing red and it was needed because you would die otherwise.

Missions - There would be NPC / AI characters that would require you ( or a team of survivors ) to help them, like to clear out zombies, get food / water for them. ammunition or medical supplies etc. and rewards would be things like a can of pasta / soda. Or Ammunition ( 1-2 mags ) though the ammunition / medication would be rare in quests so it can't be abused.

Yes the whole point of DayZ is to survive and scavenge on your own or with a friend. And survive, but to make it that more realistic, if a real world Zombie Apocalypse were to happen. This is something that would possibly happen. A small town with people / missions that require you to do for others.

Also for the Safe Haven, If people use the Supplies in the Safe Haven, it has a chance of running out. And the only way to replenish the supply is to scavenge food / water / medicine till the supply is filled back up.

Hospital / ward in Safe Haven - A little ward that you can go to treat a broken limb or require a blood transfusion. ( again, if used a lot you can run out of supplies and require to scavenge for it)

It would be server wide too, if the safe haven runs out of - food, water, medicine like blood bags, epi-pens, bandages etc it would require survivors to band together and scavenge supplies for the safe haven only - they can't take any of the supplies until the safe haven is filled.

I think this would be a great idea to put in the stand alone game as it could give players more fun and things to do. other than respawning, gathering items, dying from a douche player - repeat. DayZ is fine how it is, but would be great to see things like this implemented, more real life feel to it, I think.

Post your ideas below and lets see if the devs respond or put some of these ideas for the stand alone. And if anyone can send this topic to the devs so they can read it :P

Only thing is having safe havens doesn't really work because there are always going to be bandits camping outside waiting to kill anyone going in or out. As proved by warz. Besides that this isn't a fucking zombie adventure game, even with a server full of players you should feel isolated and always under threat. That's one of the things that makes DayZ what it is.

If we add havens, why don't we get mini games, QTE events, jumping puzzles, a romance story, build your own house and the possibility to have a pet zombie!

Edited by intensity
  • Like 1

Calm yourself. In the real world, there would be safe havens or "towns" protected by the survivors. Don't need to take offence by some suggestions. And yes you always should feel under threat and isolated, but you can't really do much than scavenge. I love DayZ, but this is just for ideas. Don't need to be butt hurt about it. If you don't have any nice things to say, don't say them at all. Your attitude is not welcomed here. If I wanted ranting of little kids I would make a topic about it, otherwise, GTFO and talk about proper contribution to this post. and not be so butt hurt about some ideas.

Oh the irony, it looks like you're the one who is butthurt kaidalen. He is simply explaining why your ideas wouldn't work, no need to attack him and tell him to gtfo, you should learn to calm yourself before you tell other people. Safe heavens are already possible if you have friends to maintain it, but missions is a completely retarded idea, that would defeat the main purpose of dayz.