Prof. Awesome

No sound since 1.7.1! Should i just wait for fix?

Aloha, since the new patch 1.7.1 i dont have sound at all anymore! Is that a known issue? Can i fix that? Or should i wait until a hotfix?

the other think is, according to my hud (ear and the eye) i dont even make any sound, if a move there is no lines anymore which say that i make noise or that someone can see me!

sry for the bad english but it isnt my first language!

update dayz (from the website' date=' DONT USE SIX UPDATER or something else)

[/quote']

I used the Sixupdater before and now i would like to try it manuel like u said, can i just overwrite everything? Or do i lose my stuff, progress etc.?

At the risk of being flamed for suggesting an alternative install method this has proven very useful to me (NB. I haven't used the Arma2 Beta Client service that is new with this tool).

http://www.worrom.com/

This is a dedicated dayz installer. Nice and simple.

I have update day z 1.7.1 from the website and still have no sound in all servers.

Yes its up to date, i tried the dayZ updater too, but i still have the same problem with no sound. :(

also have no sound. please post if a solution is found. ill keep messing with it later tonight

In the sound settings in windows, change your sound to 5.1 that fix the problem by me.

Aloha' date=' since the new patch 1.7.1 i dont have sound at all anymore! Is that a known issue? Can i fix that? Or should i wait until a hotfix?

the other think is, according to my hud (ear and the eye) i dont even make any sound, if a move there is no lines anymore which say that i make noise or that someone can see me!

sry for the bad english but it isnt my first language!

[/quote']

same here, absolutely no sound. =0(

Hey all...

I have this same issue.

I'm running Dayz 1.7.1.1 and Arma Beta.

I try'd setting windows sound settings to stereo and 5.1 no result.

I remove'd all files from the \addons\@dayz amp and re downloaded. No result.

Made sure my sound drivers are up to date.

Weird thing is that my sound is fine in Arma2 (multiplayer) itself but when i connect to a dayz server my sound is gone..

Anyone got some tips or even a solution?

Same here.

Yesterday with the same config all fine (1.7.1.1 and Beta).

Now the same server but no ingame-sound, no reactions from ear/eye-symbols. Other Servers the same Problem.

I became a message with "Wrong Version ..." too. But its all up to date and i haven't change anything since yesterday.

Hope there will be a solution soon (I reinstalled DayZ manually and with the Updater too, but no change).

Try going into your sound manager, whatever it may be, and switching between the different sound options. 5.1, 7.1, 2.1. I eventually managed to get my sound working. Also, it was server-specific. Some servers simply would not allow me to have sound. Others worked on the first shot without even having to adjust anything in any direction.

Have had this too, even I've installed latest arma2 beta.

Solution:

1) Make sure you've replaced the arma-oa exe with the one from /extension/beta

2) Start the game with known startup-parameters like it is written in the releasenotes from arma beta-patch.

(don't miss the dayz-mod parameters too!)

this bug happends on a random basis, sometimes it is silent in the world but most times i have sound.

haven't got a clue why, but switching to an other server fixes it for me on most occasions.

I get this - no sound, no debug panel.

But thinking about it, it's more like a ghost mode. I don't generate sound either (no bars on ear or eye indicators), I don't cause zombies to spawn, or rabbits to run away, or loot to appear.

I had this problem when 1.7.1 released, i fixed it by simply have my beta patch updated, and play on up-to-date servers ("Required: 1.60.93825 servers")

And now it's back, yay

One thing that fixed all my problems was not using the six updater and installing the mod manually.

Fixed all my sound issues and the FPS problems I had were fixed with the hotfix so now its all well and groovy.

One thing that fixed all my problems was not using the six updater and installing the mod manually.

Fixed all my sound issues and the FPS problems I had were fixed with the hotfix so now its all well and groovy.

I've always updated manually. ;p