Tekdrake

It's like taking every autistic idea you have and making a patch out of it.

This guy obviously doesn't know shit.

1) Beta patches work very well with steam. Read up. Your failure to do so and comprehend it is not our' date=' nor rockets fault.

2) L2p. Get some skill. Stop playing as if this was an ordinary shooter game. You bitch about this just because you can't simply go to the airfield looting the best bling bling in the game anymore without getting 50 or more zombies after you. Your tears are delicious.

3) Point many stated before in many different threads; This is alpha. You are a tester. Don't like it? Gtfo.

[/quote']

Extremely poor counter arguments, I won't even bother responding as every single counter you've made was misinformed and invalid. At least I actually brought valid arguments to the table. You just state that you like sniffing shit because that's apparently what open Alphas are about.

Perfectly fine arguments. Second one too.

Only thing you managed to do was create a post just as long as the bible, but it's containing nothing but personal attacks, insults and bad words against rocket and his ways of handling and developing this mod.

I just think that if you think you can do better, do it. Don't just talk it, walk it. Create a game/mod, do the right choices 100% of the times, keep 100% of your player base happy, 100% of the time. You do that.

Should you succeed, I will respect you and your post far more than I do right now. You're just trolling.

Bottom line' date=' you belong in the safe consumer world, playing games already play tested but a company like Valve. I love the shit out of some Valve games, and they are just as smooth as you seem to need.

Spend your day doing something you enjoy, and leave this mod to those of us who understand what we're doing and enjoy it.

Your fucktardery probably crosses over to the real world, so go beat your kids for not already being millionaires or slash your car tires because it doesn't fly. I feel for the people who made this, that they have to deal with patsmall, small minded, mean spirited people such as yourself. You have my pity.

[/color']

you are aware that rocket is practically asking to get these kinds of responses because of the way he words things

i.e. like a total cunt

Points 1 and 3 are perfectly valid. You inability to respond to them reveals you don't actually WANT or appreciate responses.

Alright' date=' fine!

Point 1: He didn't actually get the essence of the problem here. YES the fucking beta works with Steam. It's the convoluted chore of getting it working and the potential issues down the line that bring out the problem here.

Point 3: This isn't an argument. You can't just stamp Alpha on a turd. This update was completely irresponsible in almost every way.

Are you this mad in real life aswell? I bet not.. Its easy to be a internet tough guy :)

Yep, pretty fucking mad, because I have to write OBVIOUS topics about OBVIOUS problems instead of playing the game like it was yesterday, and dealing with the average fanboys who like every piece of shit idea hurled at them.

You people are the embodiment of what's wrong in this industry. Just cheering devs on as they rape their own products in front of your eyes, you just sit perfectly content because "oh well, it's their creative right, might as well enjoy it and develop a taste for diarrhea".

You see, you confused pile of misfiring neurons, your "obvious" points really are obvious, despite you wanting to feel like the Stephen Hawking of game observation. Other people have made your points, and discussed them, elsewhere in these forums, both before the patch and after it. What you did is fail Internet 101. You tok something that other people were already saying, repeated it, showing that you are ignorant as fuck at using forums, then you made sure we all knew that on top of not knowing how to read, and thinking that you are so important that we masses simply must hear your point, you made it in the most foolish, insulting way possible, making it clear that you are a total ass. Congrats.

That's all on top of not getting how this all works around here.

Are you 12 or 13 years old?

Points 1 and 3 are perfectly valid. You inability to respond to them reveals you don't actually WANT or appreciate responses.

Alright' date=' fine!

Point 1: He didn't actually get the essence of the problem here. YES the fucking beta works with Steam. It's the convoluted chore of getting it working and the potential issues down the line that bring out the problem here.[/quote']

Beta just.... installs right? Then you start the game & play the beta?

Point 3: This isn't an argument. You can't just stamp Alpha on a turd. This update was completely irresponsible in almost every way.

Actually yes it IS an argument. It's beta, and that means it's experimental, unfinished and in testing. If you don't like some changes, you get to say so. Nothing wrong with that process so far. Your misunderstanding is that you're demanding the same gameplay as before and bemoaning the changes as though it's a finished game, I cannot express enough how wrong this view is. It makes you sound frankly terminally entitled.

Yep, pretty fucking mad, because I have to write OBVIOUS topics about OBVIOUS problems instead of playing the game like it was yesterday, and dealing with the average fanboys who like every piece of shit idea hurled at them.

You people are the embodiment of what's wrong in this industry. Just cheering devs on as they rape their own products in front of your eyes, you just sit perfectly content because "oh well, it's their creative right, might as well enjoy it and develop a taste for diarrhea".

Did you even see where people agree with you? Your so wound up you cannot see what's going on in your own thread :) Most people are ridiculing you for being immature. Some people (including me) agree with you but cannot take the thread itself seriously because of your shortcomings. And everyone who might disagree isn't a mindless fanboy, that's a straw man argument where you simply get to ignore valid points.

Wow. What a fucking crybaby.

Thanks god you posted this and spared the rest of the world your moronic attitude for the hour it took you to formulate such idiocy.

Allow me to retort:

1) It's not a console game. Installing patches should be second nature to all PC gamers.

2) Removing guns is not about stopping PvP. It's about making a hard game harder.

3) Zombies are supposed to be the main focus of the game. "It's a zombie apocalypse".

Dumbass.

Call of Duty is that way <===

1. You're heavily implying that it's JUST a simple 3 click patch that won't cause version issues later down the line.

2. Implementing a change like this without taking it's effect on coastal PvP into account is an extremely retarded and irresponsible thing to do. Are you telling me we can't trust the devs themselves to develop the game further? Is the mod dead now, then?

3. If Rocket cuts lose the unintended mechanics of anarchy, stealth and PvP threat, just to bring the LOL ZOMBIES SO COOL mechanic to the foreground, then he truly is the George Lucas failure of the decade, and understands nothing about design.

This is an open alpha to a free game so if you can't learn how to install it thats your problem your not being charged to play this game ITS FREAKING FREE and still in the testing stages....but thats completely going over your head.

Bottom line' date=' you belong in the safe consumer world, playing games already play tested but a company like Valve. I love the shit out of some Valve games, and they are just as smooth as you seem to need.

Spend your day doing something you enjoy, and leave this mod to those of us who understand what we're doing and enjoy it.

Your fucktardery probably crosses over to the real world, so go beat your kids for not already being millionaires or slash your car tires because it doesn't fly. I feel for the people who made this, that they have to deal with patsmall, small minded, mean spirited people such as yourself. You have my pity.

[/color']

you are aware that rocket is practically asking to get these kinds of responses because of the way he words things

i.e. like a total cunt

Handsome is as handsome does.

He's been a cunt to the asshole hackers. Considering the strain they those people put on the limited, volunteer resources making this mod happen, it was justified.

A lot of the other posts are in good fun, talking about making the game hard and so forth. Not a problem for some of us.

Perhaps you, too, are not right for this environment.

Constructive criticism and opinions, sure. Just bitching out the devs and acting like its THEM, not you... Stfu, gtfo.

A. Mod it your self if your so smart.

B. thank you for making me laugh so much :)

Seriously, the OP has a point, who gives a shit if hes raging, hes stating facts, and i agree with all of them. i only got the game yesterday so i cant comment on previous shit thats happend, if there has been, but i had fun yesterday, and whats a game suppose to do? entertain you.

Now today i have spent 3 hours trying to log into a working server, i have the beta patch installed through steam, i have tried the game through six updater, and all the servers are fucked for me, i spawn in a wasteland. when i do it manually through Arma 2 beta (steam) i cant even join the server.

People need to stop licking rockets ass and acting like the know whats good for a alpha test because this is probably the first one you have ever done cause its free, this patch clearly hasnt been tested cause if it has it would have not been brought out, considering the influx of people that have joined this game and bough CO because of it, including myself, and the patch has clearly pissed of ALOT of people, for various reasons.

Be fair to the guy.. He was never going to get an agreeable response. He's angry, and he lacks tact, yes!. But then on the other hand, this forum basically seems to be populated by people who refuse to see any alternative to whatever's put on their plate. Which is a shame. An indy game dev needs a mix of feedback, and from what i'm reading today, you guys don't really represent the average dayz player..

Seriously' date=' the OP has a point, who gives a shit if hes raging, hes stating facts, and i agree with all of them. i only got the game yesterday so i cant comment on previous shit thats happend, if there has been, but i had fun yesterday, and whats a game suppose to do? entertain you.

Now today i have spent 3 hours trying to log into a working server, i have the beta patch installed through steam, i have tried the game through six updater, and all the servers are fucked for me, i spawn in a wasteland. when i do it manually through Arma 2 beta (steam) i cant even join the server.

People need to stop licking rockets ass and acting like the know whats good for a alpha test because this is probably the first one your have ever done cause its free, this patch clearly hasnt been tested cause if it has it would have not been brought out, considering the influx of people that have joined this game and bough CO because of it, including myself, and the patch has clearly pissed of ALOT of people, for various reasons.

[/quote']

Then you installed it wrong, show me your launch settings in Steam and are you choosing to launch COMBINED OPS after right clicking Operation Arrowhead?

It's a mod that is free that is in Alpha state so quit your fucking high and mighty stance and stick your dummy back in your mouth you spoilt little c***!

Seriously' date=' the OP has a point, who gives a shit if hes raging, hes stating facts, and i agree with all of them. i only got the game yesterday so i cant comment on previous shit thats happend, if there has been, but i had fun yesterday, and whats a game suppose to do? entertain you.

People need to stop licking rockets ass and acting like the know whats good for a alpha test because this is probably the first one your have ever done cause its free, this patch clearly hasnt been tested cause if it has it would have not been brought out, considering the influx of people that have joined this game and bough CO because of it, including myself, and the patch has clearly pissed of ALOT of people, for various reasons.

[/quote']

Being civil = licking someones ass in your world. Something is wrong there.

There is a call out for reasonable discussion, not this kind of thing.

And the points here were discussed previously, blah, blah. The type of people I have been trying to deal with won't read this far, so why keep typing?

Seriously' date=' the OP has a point, who gives a shit if hes raging, hes stating facts, and i agree with all of them.

[/quote']

You know.. "It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

Be fair to the guy.. He was never going to get an agreeable response. He's angry' date=' and he lacks tact, yes!. But then on the other hand, this forum basically seems to be populated by people who refuse to see any alternative to whatever's put on their plate. Which is a shame. An indy game dev needs a mix of feedback, and from what i'm reading today, you guys don't really represent the average dayz player..

[/quote']

Not true. There are a number of places where this stuff is being posted about and discussed in a fashion that will actually improve the mod experience. This stuff just slows things down, though it's more entertaining.

the only arguments i've seen against OPs post are:

-the usual "OH HURR ITS IN ALPHA DONT SPECT IT TO BE GOOD WE'RE TESTERS HURR IVE GOT A DICK IN MY MOUTH HFSDGHSDFGDFDGHFSDFDSGFDS

-the elusive "I DINT UNDRSTAND HIS POST BUT BCUS HE USED CUS WORDS I WILL SAY THAT HE IS BITCHING AT THE DEVS BCUS I CANT FORM A COUNTER ARGUMENT FHGDSFDGSFDGFSDGFSDFSDGSGFSDS"

-and finally the "IVE LE RUN LE OUT LE OF LEGITIMATE RESPONSES LE 12 LOL LOL LOL LOL HGHGSGHDHGSDHSGHDDS"

if your post falls under any of these, kindly go sit on a cactus