Tekdrake

It's like taking every autistic idea you have and making a patch out of it.

First of all, Rocket, this thread is here to either make you feel bad or to make you feel good about being fucking retarded. That's up to you. I'm not here to participate in the feel good circle jerk of "Oh it's just alpha, Rocket added the suck my dick simulator to make sure we don't end up liking it." thinking.

Let's just look at everything that's wrong here real quick, ok?

1. HURR DURR HURR DURR Let's make a new patch that requires a dumbfuck beta patch for the main game, which doesn't work with Steam so our installations can be more awkward and problematic down the line.

You moron, don't jump on a BETA patch! Wait for it to be actually released! Do you know what will happen when this patch actually goes live through the Steam servers? Because I can only begin to guess at the PLEASANT possibilities.

BUT HURR DURR IT HAS A CHOCOLATE SEMEN DISPENSER! Fuck you and your stupid ass, get your goddamned priorities right and stop putting people through chores like this. I guarantee you that whatever you think is necessary in that beta patch, is absolutely not as important as not confusing the dogshit out of hundreds of users.

And YES it works on Steam, I'm talking about creating 150% unnecessary hassle.

Also, act like a real dev: Get the games on Steam and make sure whatever updates you do in the future work on it as well without having to juggle shit around, OR explicitly state that you are designing for the standalone versions. Don't dick me around.

2. HAHA LET'S FIX PvP ON THE COAST.... by not giving anyone a gun.

Well fucking done, Billy, what a wonderful fucking idea. I can't wait to be player killed now with a DISADVANTAGE! Guns still fucking SPAWN in the game, and people will waltz right back to the shore to kill unarmed players.

You thought this out SO WELL! I can see the untold amounts of brain power you must have used. It's manifesting itself right in front of me, that's how intense it is! Holy shit, you're like Albert fucking Einstein over here!

It gets even better, too, cause new spawns will feel the need to visit coastal towns for guns, increasing the clusterfucks in Cherno, Balota and Elektro even more.

Honestly? I can't wait to run around the coast now, killing people, knowing new spawns could never even dream to injure me. Just out of spite. To you.

3. WAAAAAAAAAAH STOP THE PvP YOU FAGGOTS, HERE LOOK AT THE ZOMBIES! LOOK! LOOK THEY ATTACK MORE OFTEN NOW! LOOK AT THE ZOMBIES GUYS STOP PvP LOOK! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! PLEASE LOOK AT MY ZOMBIES THIS IS A ZOMBIE MOD STOP PvP PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

Congrats on making Zombies completely fucking insufferable. The problem created by increased vision and attack damage is two fold:

A) It tries to establish Zombies as the main aspect of gameplay. If you knew a single fucking shit about your mod, you knew that Zombies alone couldn't hold up this game in your dreams. Nobody gives a fuck about zombies after 3 days of playing. They become the minefield in a world of scavenging for equipment and bandits. This update tries to cram zombies in your face to try and make you afraid of them. All it makes ME do is scoff, call Rocket a fucking dumbass, and never visit towns again. Sit your zombies the fuck down. You tried making a Zombie game, then it turned out that zombies are just a secondary element. Don't try to turn this around somehow, it isn't fucking going to work. It certainly isn't now.

B) All stealth is thrown out the window. CoD audience getting angry and leaving? Oh please. This shit caters to them. If zombies can see you from a nautical mile away, theres no reason to not just simply run through towns into the nearest building and/or kill ever zombie within the area. Carefully navigating the minefields of zombies, managing how to avoid aggro WHILE scavenging and dealing with or hidng from other players was the gist of this game. However, this entire gameplay as a whole is gone now. You simply can't avoid zombies. Not even by crawling 24/7.

If you feel like this thread is offensive, then just know, it is rightly so. Am I entitled? I don't give a shit. I don't like getting drawn into a fun ride, only for you stupid cunts to pull the rag out from under my feet and bashing my face in with a sledgehammer. I get enough of that from "Professional" developers on the market.

Think your fucking ideas through. Don't try out obviously shit ideas just to double check. Can you not make inferences to how things affect the game? Did you really need to "try" these stupid fucking ideas out? They all make the game worse! How hard was it to guess?

I spawned in coast without nothing - it was daylaight. I was surounded by Zeds - first what came in mind- ok now I am facked up - then i crouched to nearest vilage and i found a gun, than a wincheter then a bag and was back in game :)

Not a second I had idea to go back and kill unarmed ppl

Its not a ROCKED retarded - THESE are ppl nowdays who are retarded! - just keep that in mind

Ok this OP is the other side of the exterme line. You have those "uber leet" players that call every CareBears and CoD kiddies and throw profanities at them, then you have the other end of the spectrum like the OP that hates everything and throws everything under the bus.

Shame as the OP had some good points to make, but lost them in rage.

Wow so much hate.

BTW Installing the beta patch for steam really isn't very hard, a friend of mine who has never played arma before knows nothing about it managed to purchase everything on steam get the beta patch setup without too much hastle, so you must be some sort of 'special' case.

@OP: You seem like a very nice person. I'd like to know you socially.

lols

Beta patch works fine with steam.

Don't play.

Yeah' date=' once you baby sit a convoluted installation method.

[hr']

I never said the beta doesn't work with Steam. I said it needs a convoluted install for you to baby sit it. And once this patch hits official release, you need to undo the beta patch somehow, which will be even more work of baby sitting and setting the game up down the line.

What a wonderful human being :)

I think you fail to understand what's going on in a beta trial. And, you take playing the game FAR too seriously. A beta game at that. It's baffling how someone can have so little in their lives that this sort of thing becomes important enough to reveal to the world all their personality flaws :)

Beta patch works fine with steam.

Don't play.

Yeah' date=' once you baby sit a convoluted installation method.

[hr']

I never said the beta doesn't work with Steam. I said it needs a convoluted install for you to baby sit it. And once this patch hits official release, you need to undo the beta patch somehow, which will be even more work of baby sitting and setting the game up down the line.

Yes, double clicking a batch file to run beta, or launching through steam for non beta is so convoluted and difficult. It must've taken me 2 minutes to get my beta up and running, it was horrible.

What a wonderful human being :)

I think you fail to understand what's going on in a beta trial. And' date=' you take playing the game FAR too seriously. A beta game at that. It's baffling how someone can have so little in their lives that this sort of thing becomes important enough to reveal to the world all their personality flaws :)

[/quote']

If you don't give a shit, then why are you here? Go look for 4-leaf clovers outside if this doesn't concern you.

If you don't give a shit' date=' then why are you here? Go look for 4-leaf clovers outside if this doesn't concern you.

[/quote']

Didn't say I didn't give a shit :) just trying to provide you some perspective. I came in here to see some valid critisism & ideas, but instead you cheapened your ideas by covering them in bile.

You've made your own points easily dismissable by everyone, including the devs. Think they are likely to take it seriously? Here we are talking about HOW you wrote something not WHAT you wrote, and you responding to it. See the problem?

I have steam and the beta patch doesn't cause me any problems. I download the zip and run the intall exe, all goes well. But I don't launch the game through steam, I launch it from the Arma2 CO folder, and in-game set it to use the Dayz mod.

BTW, I found myself wondering if the OP was actually one of the lame "Hardcore" players doing a black flag operation. So amusingly over the top, but still, it's nicer when people are nice.

If you don't give a shit' date=' then why are you here? Go look for 4-leaf clovers outside if this doesn't concern you.

[/quote']

Didn't say I didn't give a shit :) just trying to provide you some perspective. I came in here to see some valid critisism & ideas, but instead you cheapened your ideas by covering them in bile.

You've made your own points easily dismissable by everyone, including the devs. Think they are likely to take it seriously? Here we are talking about HOW you wrote something not WHAT you wrote, and you responding to it. See the problem?

And I clearly stated that Rocket can feel good about being retarded if he wants to. I'm not going to suck him off in my post just to get him to read. There's a thing in this world called harsh criticism, and this asshole deserves it. I came home from a long day of work to play some goddamn day Z, and what I find is that all the good servers are on 1.7.1, which is a patch that turns the game into L4D3.

A.K.A. the complete opposite of the mod I purchased CO for.

So you better fucking believe I'm pissed.

I must agree with the OP, raging so hard about wasnt needed, but was entertaining.

Spawning without any way to defend yourself is painful. I spawned, saw some guy with a m4 just looking at me, laughing. I couldnt do shit, and he promptly shot my face :<

I didn't even bother reading your post. All your gameplay points could be 100% correct, I dunno. Where you fail is in your shitty attitude about it all. This is not a Full Release Mod, just an Alpha, expect crappy things to happen.

No one owes you anything, give an opinion what you think is wrong, but do it without being a total loser about it.

I must agree with the OP' date=' raging so hard about wasnt needed, but was entertaining.

Spawning without any way to defend yourself is painful. I spawned, saw some guy with a m4 just looking at me, laughing. I couldnt do shit, and he promptly shot my face :<

[/quote']

And spawning with a Markov would have helped you, how?