Sign in to follow this  
jgilbert1991@gmail.com

Mouse button issue

So I bought a Steel Series Legendary mouse. It's great and all; nice feel, multiple buttons, good response.

Issue being... for some reason, any time I click the middle mouse button (or any button that's mapped to use the Universal Scroll) it causes the camera in DayZ/ArmA to jolt around in rapid succession. I first thought it was the middle button. But then I remapped it to another button and it did the exact same thing. Seems to only be happening in DayZ/ArmA and I have no clue how to fix it.

Check the controls in Arma 2 and see if it colides with anything, sometimes it can happen but i doubt it. Have a look, it might be something with the placement of the battery, its level or just a faulty battery. If its a wired mouse (I have no idea) then re-connect it to a different usb port.

Try those, if that doesnt do anything try google.

Sorry for thread necromancy, but I just bought this mouse as well and it's definitely a software bug. I don't play DayZ myself, but I've encountered this problem in three more games - Alan Wake, World of Tanks and War Thunder. In each of these the universal scroll button causes the camera to go up and to the side or down and to the side, releasing it causes the camera to jolt again. However, if you either uninstall the Steelseries software or activate in-game mode, the middle click works fine. However, the mouse works as a standard 5-button mouse then and thus you cannot use any other buttons than left, right, middle and the two top ones on the left side.

I opened a support ticket with Steelseries, but if they can't fix it, I'm returning the mouse.

cya

Raziel-chan

Edit. Well, I found a solution. You need to export the profile you're using from the Steelseries software and save it somewhere. Then, open the file in your preferred text editor and scroll all the way down, until you see a column like this:

<BUTTON_1>1,1,</BUTTON_1>

<BUTTON_2>2,2,</BUTTON_2>

<BUTTON_3>3,6,</BUTTON_3>

<BUTTON_4>4,9,</BUTTON_4>

<BUTTON_5>5,9,</BUTTON_5>

<BUTTON_6>6,6,</BUTTON_6>

<BUTTON_7>7,4,</BUTTON_7>

<BUTTON_8>8,5,</BUTTON_8>

<BUTTON_9>9,9,</BUTTON_9>

<BUTTON_10>10,9,</BUTTON_10>

<BUTTON_11>11,9,</BUTTON_11>

THe third digit in each column might be different for you if you changed the bindings, so you might have <BUTTON_1>1,2,</BUTTON_1> instead of <BUTTON_1>1,1,</BUTTON_1>, it doesn't matter.

We won't touch the <BUTTON_1></BUTTON_1> tags, what we wanna edit are the numbers between them. As an example:

<BUTTON_3>3,6,</BUTTON_3> - we see 3,6 there. 3 is the button number, 6 is the function number (autoscroll). You cannot set middle click from the software level, but I found a nice post where there was a list of button codes. The code for middle click (or at least something working like it) is 101. So, if we want the middle click under the scroll wheel button, we change <BUTTON_3>3,6,</BUTTON_3> to <BUTTON_3>3,101,</BUTTON_3>. Then just import the profile and hit APPLY in the software panel. The third button binding should change to Move and Steer. And voila, working perfectly now.

And Steelseries software sucks.

Useful links:

http://www.evilbox.ro/windows/customize-and-bind-any-key-to-steelseries-world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-mmo-gaming-mouse/ <- the blog post where I found this way of editing macros.

http://www.evilbox.ro/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SteelSeries_Mouse_Bind_Codes.pdf <- List of key codes that post's author put together.

Edited by Razzeh