Sign in to follow this  
whatadai

Bad version, server rejected connection

I get this error on a lot of servers when I'm trying to connect. I have Arma 2: CO on Steam and its fully installed there. I've also gone into the Arma 2 OA folder in Steam and ran the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch." I use DayZ Commander and everything under Install/Update is up to date. Yet A LOT of the servers on the list do not work for me.

Under Install/Update the Arma 2 version is 99515 and DayZ is 1.7.4.4

I know some servers have different versions and that may be why, but some of the servers that have the same version of Arma 2 and DayZ also don't work for me. For example, the server this clan is on also does not work for me: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/112001-foxhunt-herosthe-fhh-are-recruiting-bambi-lovinganti-bandit-clan/

I've added the server to my favorites and on the name and under the version column, the version for both Arma 2 and DayZ match mine. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? Thanks!

I had this problem a while back, dunno if it was the same thing, but I was getting this error after upgrading beta. I had to install the older one (I then played on a couple of servers with the old one, dunno if this was needed) and then re-install the newer one. This was using DayZ Commander so it was very easy just had to choose the older one from the dropdown menu and click install, dunno how you would do that with just Steam. Like I said, I dunno if this will work for you or if its the same problem or whatever, but I know that worked for me. Failing that have you tried validating your ArmA 2 install on Steam, that usually sorts a few things out with missing files or whatever you may have.

How do I validate the install on steam? I bought it straight from steam with their winter sale so does that matter?

I just reinstalled to 99513 with DayZ Commander and the server listed in the above ilnk still doesn't work.