theTaint

Game is not using GPU -- low fps

Getting the 10fps bug again. I had it a few patches ago and it was resolved by a subsequent DayZ patch. It was reported to have been caused by the server tracking a shitload of items or something. It's not graphics-related at all. I've also heard that a freshly-restarted server does not produce this bug; it get worse as the chache or something fills up and starts glitching out.

This is really sucky... :( please fix soon!

This new update has really improved my FPS. Well done Rocket, the dev team, and the guy who found that client problem!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW 80c?!?! Pretty sure It wouldnt run anything on the GPU if its that hot. My 5770HD Runs at less then 55c While playing Bf2/bf3 mw3...

My gpu runs at 39/40C idle. not much higher when the load is 50+

Im also trying to fix the low fps rate considering i have a higher tier PC and cant play this game much. I was thinking that maybe the PCs are too advanced for this game? Idk.

lol, all i know is that i can play arma 2 fine, but when it comes to this mod, it just runs bad

Had this exact same problem. GPU monitor reported 0% load running Day Z, and then 99% running ARMA II. Rolled back from 1.7.1 to 1.7 and the problem vanished. Radeon 6870.

No problems in other games, no clue as to why Day Z wouldn't use my GPU.

Same Problem here.

HD Radeon 4890

Sometimes it is working after a few seconds.

Sometimes it's just horrible.

Don't mean to bump, and I don't know if the main problem was resolved or anything.. but

I was getting pretty much the same frames as OP earlier (10-20 fps). I have a better CPU than OP too, and in some places I'd get even LOWER than 10 fps. I decided to switch servers then, and magically back up to 45-50 fps. So thank you whoever suggested that.

Edit: Just tried joining another server with 35 ping instead of the previous server's 20 ping. Went down to 35-40 fps.

Edited by Jorgenheim

LOL @ "Game is not using GPU" Please educate yourself.