theTaint

Game is not using GPU -- low fps

I have an HD Radeon 4800. When I run the game it doesn't use my GPU at all as indicated by the screenshot. Even simple things I'm running in Windows at least use my GPU a bit but with this game running it's at 0% load the moment the game launches after joining a server. When I first load OA it's going at a consistent 60 fps up to the server select screen. Any advice or am I screwed until a future patch fixes it?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ucj8z

Edit: By the way I'm running the latest Dayz Beta Patch. I'm going to try it again on previous version but I do remember having similar issues before -- but I remember it being around 25 fps (which still seems too low).

Same thing is happening to a lot of us. Someone said Rocket was trying to fix it. Until then either dealwithlowfps.jpg or dont play DayZ :

no idea but i have to say damn dude your gpu is cooking for 0%load.

What's a good temp range? Maybe that's why I've had so many weird graphics errors at random times.

Same thing is happening to a lot of us. Someone said Rocket was trying to fix it. Until then either dealwithlowfps.jpg or dont play DayZ :<

Link to an official thread about it?

Managed to find a server on the old version and it ran fine, so it appears to be the same issue everyone else is having.

After trying with the most recent hotfix it isn't stuck at 0% but it's definitely not using it much still. It seems to be averaging about 25% load. Before running some tweaks I was getting about 10 fps. After the tweaks I'm averaging 18-20 fps which is somewhat playable. I was definitely still getting a much higher framerate pre beta update where I was averaging about 40% load on the GPU. I'm tweaking everything I can to squeeze out the highest fps so I'll be posting my results so it may help someone else.

This is an optimization and coding issue, not a hardware issue. I have a $2000 tower I built for games like BF3 on ultra with AA maxed, and it runs over 60FPS(680's in SLI). I hop on DayZ, and my FPS tanks below 40. Just stick it out until the people running the show behind the curtain get it oiled up for us.

Guys i am having the same problem.I thought i was going crazy,i go onto a normal Deathmatch server with around 50 FPS which is good and then go on DayZ with a FPS of 5....I am questioning if it could be my specs,could anyone tell me if im ok?

Nvidia 9600M GT TurboCache

2GB Nvidia Geforce video memory

2.13 GHz intel centrino 2

4GB ram(but its dropped to 3GB)

Note:For some weird reason when i play singleplayer and put all setting to the lowest as can be and it works even the view distance is lower'ed.But when it comes to DayZ i check the setting and they are set to low yet when i look at the game it lags like fuck and the view distance and textures look like a setting around Normal.

Note 2: When i play DayZ i have crappy FPS but when i look up at the sky and run it runs at 40 FPS(anyone else done this?)

just a tip though increase most settings above normal, arma is weird and uses alot of cpu if normal or below is selected.

But yeah my gpu doesn't get used alot either less than 10% load at what should be near enough a good workout.

I just tried the single player to confirm what others were saying. I was at 60 fps entire time pretty much regardless of what was going on doing some testing. I did add these parameters to the startup: -window -nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=3 -maxmem=4096

I also defrag'd my drive and noticed a very slight improvement but not much as far as fps goes. I'm averaging about 17-18 fps now ranging from as low as 10 to as high as 22. GPU load is about 25%. This is begrudgingly playable and I'm not sure there's much else I can do until future patches. I'm also running on pretty much the lowest graphics settings possible in game but I'm starting to think it doesn't actually do much as far as improvement goes.

Guys i am having the same problem.I thought i was going crazy' date='i go onto a normal Deathmatch server with around 50 FPS which is good and then go on DayZ with a FPS of 5....I am questioning if it could be my specs,could anyone tell me if im ok?

Nvidia 9600M GT TurboCache

2GB Nvidia Geforce video memory

2.13 GHz intel centrino 2

4GB ram(but its dropped to 3GB)

Note:For some weird reason when i play singleplayer and put all setting to the lowest as can be and it works even the view distance is lower'ed.But when it comes to DayZ i check the setting and they are set to low yet when i look at the game it lags like fuck and the view distance and textures look like a setting around Normal.

Note 2: When i play DayZ i have crappy FPS but when i look up at the sky and run it runs at 40 FPS(anyone else done this?)

[/quote']

Try adding those parameters I posted with the exception of putting 2 in the cpucount since yours is dual core right? With that said I don't think there's a whole lot you can do beyond that. 20 fps or so is about what we can hope for until patched again I think. Good luck if you can find something else to squeeze out more frames.

You have an obvious "load" sensor error - the graphics card will never run at 0% while running a game - much less at 80 something degrees.

You have an obvious "load" sensor error - the graphics card will never run at 0% while running a game - much less at 80 something degrees.

Incorrect. It was clearly running at 0% until the most recent hotfix. Immediately after that it's using 25%.

Incorrect - you are clearly using more than 0% to render a game. Apply a bit of common sense please...

Yes, it can be rendered by the CPU. Please stop posting in this thread. Thank you.

Same freakin' problem here! My FPS is absolutely garbage. I just checked my GPU usage and it's at 0%. I usually play other games such as Counter-Strike and CoD 4 with a decent FPS rate, but I'm at like 6 fps on DayZ. I really hope Rocket and the dev team fix this.

Yes' date=' it can be rendered by the CPU. Please stop posting in this thread. Thank you.

[/quote']

Haha...no - no it cannot. You really should read up a bit before trying to discuss computarz. (I'd love to explain the subtleties if you cannot manage this on your own)

me AND my friend who just bought both games are experiencing REALLY low FPS since the patch, i was playing with 45+ FPS Before the patch, but now neither of us can play.

how can we resolve this?.

Same freakin' problem here! My FPS is absolutely garbage. I just checked my GPU usage and it's at 0%. I usually play other games such as Counter-Strike and CoD 4 with a decent FPS rate' date=' but I'm at like 6 fps on DayZ. I really hope Rocket and the dev team fix this.

[/quote']

Are you playing on 1.7.1.1?

Same thing here. Radeon hd 6870. Perfect fps before patch, now its around 10-15.

It will get fixed soon. ITS ALPHA! <3

Same freakin' problem here! My FPS is absolutely garbage. I just checked my GPU usage and it's at 0%. I usually play other games such as Counter-Strike and CoD 4 with a decent FPS rate' date=' but I'm at like 6 fps on DayZ. I really hope Rocket and the dev team fix this.

[/quote']

Yeah, Me AND my friend have crippling FPS on 1.7.11 servers. It's terrible.

[/quote']

Yes. Before the patch, my FPS would get bad at spots but it wouldn't be consistent. Now, however, I'm going 5-10 FPS in a field making it virtually unplayable at the moment.

I don't understand that with Rocket working on this game by himself, we got updates once a week or more. Now back from E3 and has some from at least two more people that we know of and the updates are slower then ever. Now after 1.60 comes out, the game totally fucking breaks and has people have mentioned the FPS sucks ass. I wish that some people would roll out some 1.60 servers. Ether that or Rocket you really need to fix the fucking performance. I don't get it, this should be your main priority. The game should be playable at least, otherwise people will leave fast. Seen it happen before in indie games!

Okay something weird just happened. I joined a server with very few people on it running 1.7.1.1 and I'm getting 60 fps solid now but no sound. GPU load is at about 80% now. I rejoined a couple times same thing every time. o_O

Runs so smooth I think I'm just gonna gear up on this server while listening to music for a while!

Edit: Okay I actually found a server with a reasonable number of people on that version with sound working fine and I'm hitting 60 fps consistently. Very good sign.

Blablabla I didn't even bother reading the fucking patch notes' date=' blablabla opinions entitlement and so forth.

[/quote']

The new patch is supposed to increase performance by changing/optimizing here and there. It didn't work as planned - now stop crying about it and wait till the next patch comes out. Noone is forcing you to play and really now... complaining over a free ALPHA (That means in development) mod? :dodgy: