Sign in to follow this  
Tooka (DayZ)

Day Z Standalone claiming territory

I got this idea from a day z reddit post and couldn't help but post it here.This suggestion has nothing to do with claiming territory by construction, rather through fear. This could be done through simply making warning signs or hanging corpses from trees and nailing them to posts. This would be useful once construction is in so hostile groups could scare people from entering their area. I think this would only allow players to further tell their story and add some more excitement into the game. It would also be cool if you could hang people.That sounds like something I would do with my friends. :) Theres already a lot of talk about rope for SA.. so it would fit right in.

note: Did not realize this was brought up b4. srry :P

Edited by Tooka

IT sounds interesting but... how do you instillate fear in the mind of a player? It's really hard considering a lot of players don't really get involved in the game they play, especially not when pitted against other players.

I have to agree with lady kyrah on that the player would already be scared to enter the place becuase they won't know what to expect They might just shout down the Place to see if someone is there and if their is a person there They probaly won't enter it

IT sounds interesting but... how do you instillate fear in the mind of a player?

You piss on the surrounding area thats how

IT sounds interesting but... how do you instillate fear in the mind of a player? It's really hard considering a lot of players don't really get involved in the game they play, especially not when pitted against other players.

Obviously people won't have the same fear as they would in real life. But since death is permanent, people tend to play more carefully than they do in other games because if they die, they have to start over again without all their acquired gear. If you saw a pile of dead players or a player hanging from a tree, you would probably start to ponder if its a good idea to keep going in that direction. Especially if a new player experienced this, I bet most would go in a different direction for the fear of bandits waiting to ambush them. I know I would.