Sign in to follow this  
Brad34

noob player just starting DAYZ

first hello everyone and merry christmas to all, have a quick question. As a new player to the game which is best to do, go ahead and get the Arma II combined ops or just wait till the DAYZ standalone comes out?

thankyou for all your help.

• Like 1

Well, I think the standalone will be kind of different in feel. So if you want the original DayZ experience go for CO. And if you're desperate too. Release will probably be only April 2013 or later. Besides development of the mod will continue alongside the standalone game.

Edited by QuantumDrop
  • Like 1

yea i was also thinking about that also if i go ahead and get it now, i would have the "gameplay feel" of the game, plus also it included the arma mods gameplay also other the dayz.. thankyou for your input.

It really is a decision only you can make. I personally enjoy Arma and some of the other mods that are available so I would recommend getting CO. If money's tight (which for many it is) I would say hold off until the SA is released.

Regarding the SA release date, ignore QuantumDrop^^. That info has literally been plucked out of thin air. Keep your eye on the announcements thread for info, as yet a date is not confirmed.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Regarding the SA release date, ignore QuantumDrop^^. That info has literally been plucked out of thin air. Keep your eye on the announcements thread for info, as yet a date is not confirmed.

It hasn't been plucked out of thin air; They said that if they didn't release the game till December this year, which isn't gonna happen, it would be Early 2013. So for me, the period any company can call "early" ends at April, so I approximated the date to the longest deadline.

Edited by QuantumDrop

hello all,

i have a question about installing the mod. i bought a retail copy of combined ops a long time ago. i still have both disks but i could only find the manual and there for the CD key for operation arrowhead. i don't remember where the key for the original arma 2 was even printed it has been so long. i don't understand why both need to be installed since arrowhead is a stand-alone. either way, if i have arrowhead installed and then buy the original arma 2 again from steam, will the mod work? because for now when i run dayzcommander i get the message saying that combined ops is not installed and i don't want to buy the whole pack over again if i don't need to.

thanks for any help