CSMP

Hackers advertising that they stole everyones CD Key

Was just playing on ZUST DayZ #2 Private Hive(74.91.112.181:2314) when my inventory was replaced with a DMR, 6mags, 2 differant clothing items and other stuff, mentioned it on the sidechat and everyone else said there gear was replaced also, not but 30 seconds later a GUI popped up with "AAN Your CD Keys Have Been Stolen" in a semi legit looking screen, then it seemed like a mission cinematic started playing under it until I recieved a "Session Lost" message.

So whats going on here, Does ArmA2 have a screen that says "AAN Your CD Keys Hav Been Stolen"? and if not why was it uploaded to all of us connected to the server, ths seems like a serious breach of security.

• Like 1

Can you please explain how a GUI screen was uploaded to the entire server, cause ill admit, thats a very effective scare tactic.

Edited by Arellious

Hackers can use scripts built into Arma 2 to send messages to your screen. He's bluffing. It's not possible.

I understand that, however this was not a standard message this was a custom GUI overlay, that played what seemed like a mission cinematic under it

Edit: it also seemed like the GUI screens were being pulled up one at a time until the screen was full with what seemed like very legit banners and video

Edited by Arellious

is used to happen alot, and sometimes they changed the debug monitor with custom colors and such aswell. They can also make a song play and make your character physically dance on screen. Just scare tactics. Won't be able to happen in the sa though

Only way to get your key stolen is if you download some sort of program claiming to be a "Hack" but in turn steals the key right from your registry.

• Like 1

People can modify the Debug Monitor or have the whole Newsletter hack happen.

"Newsletter Hack" that sounds like what happened, well thanks for the info... I wasnt worried about the CD Key... more along the lines of uploading content to my PC without my consent.

Hope you guys can get these issues pegged, I wont be getting the SA so good luck with that.

That's one of the main reasons the SA is being made. The Mod is almost impossible to secure, Arma is designed to be easily scripted, ironically that's how Dayz was created to start with. With the SA script injection won't be possible and the code will be locked down, happy days.