Sign in to follow this  
The L!ne

@Rocket: keep up the good work!

Hey Community, Hey Rocket,

I have read the news about you wondering if you still want to be a part of gaming buisness and I am really worried that you will leave us. I guess you think that way because of the controversy with WarZ.

So let me state that:

You did quite a good job on DayZ so far and supported the community extraordinary. You kept looking at the forums to make your mod better and work on subjects that are important to the community. So you did some things, that are quite rare in nower days. So please keep the work up and stay in gaming buisness for the community which really likes you and is looking forward to the game you design. Let the black sheeps do their thing and do not read any news about WarZ anymore. Just focus on the things you can do and influence.

I just want to thank you for the hours and experiences I made through dayZ and I hope you will keep working on dayZ at least for a while.

You earned my respect and I loved how you do your thing keeping concentrated on the important points. So please get back to this and ignore the troublemakers.

Thanks!

• Like 10

hope anyone of his staff will read it and show it to him...

I think we can all agree that the whole WarZ shitstorm is truly depressing. I spent some time following it on Steam yesterday, at first I found it amusing but after a while I just found the whole situation a tad too much and had to leave them to it.

Rocket is having a well earned break and I'm sure he'll come back refreshed with some exciting news. it's understandable that he feels the pressure but I'm sure that once the SA is released he'll be able to take stock, breath out and start enjoying the process again.

For all of the stick DayZ players get, one thing they are is patient. As long as the outcome is a good game it doesn't matter how long it takes. If we can learn one thing from the WarZ fiasco it's that rushing a game out never ends well.

• Like 2

yeah forgot to wish everybody a refreshing christmas and a happy new year ;)

• Like 1

I feel kinda bad that Dean is feeling so stressed out, and i really just want him to know that there are people rooting for him. this warz debacle has really left a bad taste in everyone's mouths. i bought the warz to tide me over till the dayz SA was released and i got a very close look at what can happen if the genre is not handled with the love and care i know Dean wants to put into his product. all i can say is that the community created here is definitely something Dean should be super proud of. Dean has always been lurking the forums and taking note of what the Dayz community has wanted for a long time now and it really shows. i guess what i am trying to say is a big thank you to Dean and his entire team. whatever the future holds, it has been a ton of fun. don't let them get you down Dean!

p.s. fun drinking game is to drink every time i said Dean's name in this post!

• Like 1

Ivan and Martin are keeping themself together in Greece. So, Dean, you should stay strong too.

Rocket, have a couple weeks to yourself mate, I think most level headed DayZ fans know the level of hard work you put into the game and you deserve some down time! We've waited this long, we'll continue waiting. One love, one true Zombie Survival Game.

What's happened over the last few days is a blow to the genre, but worse still would be the genius that started things off with a little Arma II mod calling it quits. Get well bud.

Keep up the awesome work Dean! Its the holidays and they are meant to be speant with family, not developing a game. :D Don't feel pressured by Warz either, they don't have anything on your mod!

Cosign!!

Rocket you are more then just someone that came up with a great idea and mad an amazing mod that spawned a new game genre, you are more then the average dev to us dayz fans. You are more like a friend or family member that we care for and wish the best for.

Health is the #1 thing that matters. I know this all to well personally from personal experience. Take the time you need, most of us true dayz fans will wait as long as it takes for the standalone.

Another game I like had a ton of issues aswell! Project Zomboid, seemed like nightamre after nightmare for those guys. But the whole time this was going on I honestly did not even think or care about "Where is TEH GAME!", all i cared about was the devs and the project they where working on and the bad things that had happened to them. It looked like they where going to quit after a handful of bad things happened, but they stuck with it and still working on the game. Witnessing them gogin threw these hard times made me appreciate them even more, in the end its almost as if that bad and negative stuff that happened made them better, they learned from it.

Sometimes life tosses some nasty things at us Rocket, they suck to go threw at times but in the end they only make us stronger! You and you're dev team can do this! Take as much time as you need and put you're best foot forward when you are ready!

We care about you're health and well being like we do friends and family, the game can wait! Take your time and try and have fun bud! Us gamesr have DayZ mod to play right now anyways, with all the new user made things its not such a big deal!

Happy holidays Rocket and best wishes and luck in the future! You are already a legend and a wonderful person in many eyes of your fans! You rule and never forget that! Health and your happiness is what matters most! You have already done so much for games! Good luck!

Edited by kozzy

i love this community :D others would have called me names for cheering up the devs ;)

@all: merry xmas and a happy new year... maybe we will see us out at a chopper-crashsite :D

• Like 1

i love this community :D others would have called me names for cheering up the devs ;)

@all: merry xmas and a happy new year... maybe we will see us out at a chopper-crashsite :D

Devs need to know that even though we can be whiny bitches, we whine cause we love. Every "When is it coming out!?" is a "OMG you are awesome, we love it" in disguise.

Merry xmas all!

• Like 1

and now a happy new year.... it smells like dayz-year :D

looking back in this old thread.... and looked at my last post: I WAS RIGHT! :D YEAH!

and still: keep up the good work ;)