Sign in to follow this  
Athix

Cannot play since 1.7.1

I'm using Six Launcher and it updated to 1.7.1 earlier. After several attempts I wasn't able to actually get into the game. There are two types of situations:

a) I get kicked out before I even get into the lobby "Bad version [...]" etc.

b) Sometimes I can connect (I think this is in case of 1.7.0 servers) and I get the HUD but only an empty landscape and I can't do anything.

I tried to update manually and downloaded the 1.7.1 files but I still get the same issues.

Any ideas here? Kinda stuck, would love to see the changes of the new patch.

do you have the Arma 2 beta patch? If yes, does it say 'beta' on the right hand side of the main menu where it says DayZ when you start up the game?

You need to download the new beta from the arma website. The latest beta patch is less then 2 weeks old.

do you have the Arma 2 beta patch? If yes' date=' does it say 'beta' on the right hand side of the main menu where it says DayZ when you start up the game?

[/quote']

Actually it doesn't. Only yesterday I started using Six Launcher and everything worked fine the first few times. Before that I did use the beta. Now when I try to download the beta patches it says I need a username and pw, where do I get those from?

Isn't Six Launcher applying beta patches?

EDIT: Nevermind I managed to download beta and I will now try to install it.

EDIT 2: Okay so now I had the weirdest bug. I started the game via the script and not by Six Launcher (because when I tried it I got error b) (see above))

So when I joined a server I spawned in an empty landscape with HUD (as in error b)) but I could actually move and I saw several (5-6) players running around close by in the area, they mustve had the same issue. I looted the closest corpse and disconnected with a huge questionmark above my head.