Sign in to follow this  
malau

Helicopters - zombie kills and combat counter

Firing either of the machine guns on a UH-1 chopper whilst on the ground does NOT start the 30 second combat clock.

Nor do the zombie kills you make with the guns count towards your kill score.

I get the feeling that zombie kills from the chopper won't count because the ammo refills on server restart. So having an infinite ammo system would make zombie farming ridiculous and you'd see people 1000's of unjustified Zed kills. So at least it stops the braggers from claiming some sort of false respect.

Not sure about the clock tbh. Never heard of a chopper gunner combat logging either (But, I am just 1 person)

EVERY weapon, handheld, or vehicle mounted refills your current mag when you log off and back in again on 1.7.4.4 not just the vehicle mounted guns.

"Zombie farming" is legit PvE. Landing your copter and killing zombies has more risk attached than doing a Chernarus Longbarn Massacre because at least the zeds have a chance to attack the copter from the opposite side, whereas the poor zed hordes who repeatedly wander into a Chernarus Longbarn have zero chance of every getting to you if you have an AK or above. Rules of engagement should be applied across the board and not selectively as you are suggesting.

I would also like to add that mounted gun on the UAZ (on Taviana.EU at least) is the same as helicopters in that the kills don't count and the countdown clock isn't started. Also if the zeds try to attack you when you are on the gun, they can never ever damage you, you get the 'whump' sound but your blood never goes down (unlike if you are in the driver's seat), you are untouchable.

Also, clipping a tree or an object in your vehicle at speed starts the countdown clock (!)