Sign in to follow this  
Strategos (DayZ)

1.7.1 Great So far.

Ok so I logged in expecting some disaster after the rive rof tears on the forum so far.

I was crapping myself as I crawled into my first town expecting insta zombie rape.

But nothing happened, I got in looted a few buildings. It WAS very tense but I was fine.

Then climbing a fence a zombie spotted me from quite a long way away , Crap! Here we go! I ran round the building , ran inside and lay down. Zombie lost. I could hear it outside and was crapping ymself, but yup it was gone. Amazing :)

Later I met up with my mate who was injured in Berizino to give him a rescue blood transfusion and man was it intense. We were very cautious but got backed into corners and drew agro several times, we lost the horde the first time but found ourselves trapped and drew agro again, we ended up both crouched in a hut shitting ourselves. It was a fantastic experience.

Towns are now a real risk, but also there are far more opportunities to lose agro.

My final load of agro i drew covering my mates as the looted the miltary camp I had no cover and ran for the hills to shoot them. This was the only time I felt I needed a gun. All of the other times we evaded them with minimal shooting, and could , or maybe shold have done it with none.

Also love being able to swap ammo between clips for m19.

All in all, much more tense, much more tactical.

+1

I agree.

I've actually had to team up with people for the first time since I started playing this game....if for nothing more than to feel a little comfort knowing I'm not alone.

Yeah I think vehicles have reset thats a different server side update that happened prior to 1.71 I think.

I agree crazy cat.

I can see how it will be tough at the start. But you can def lose the zombies and not draw agro if you are actually careful.

But stuff like blood transfusions etc are going to be alot more important now, its def harder and more exciting.

As for the FPS issue....it seems fine on some servers and not others.

I logged onto one where everyone was moaning, I took it with a pinch of salt, but when I got into the game I was getting less than 10 fps.

Then I went onto another server and it was running better than ever before.

Ok so I logged in expecting some disaster after the rive rof tears on the forum so far.

I was crapping myself as I crawled into my first town expecting insta zombie rape.

But nothing happened' date=' I got in looted a few buildings. It WAS very tense but I was fine.

Then climbing a fence a zombie spotted me from quite a long way away , Crap! Here we go! I ran round the building , ran inside and lay down. Zombie lost. I could hear it outside and was crapping ymself, but yup it was gone. Amazing :)

Later I met up with my mate who was injured in Berizino to give him a rescue blood transfusion and man was it intense. We were very cautious but got backed into corners and drew agro several times, we lost the horde the first time but found ourselves trapped and drew agro again, we ended up both crouched in a hut shitting ourselves. It was a fantastic experience.

Towns are now a real risk, but also there are far more opportunities to lose agro.

My final load of agro i drew covering my mates as the looted the miltary camp I had no cover and ran for the hills to shoot them. This was the only time I felt I needed a gun. All of the other times we evaded them with minimal shooting, and could , or maybe shold have done it with none.

Also love being able to swap ammo between clips for m19.

All in all, much more tense, much more tactical.

+1

[/quote']

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13352

Really? I found that running was a lot easier.

Yeah I can see that happening. Obviously I was playing stealthy, but once I got spotted, running off round a few corners I lost most of them.

I found it really fun.

I guess you found a gap in the mechanic , that's what testing is for.

Maybe they need to go into a searching mode when the get to the point they last saw you .