CitizenIosef`

The Shack - a different kind of Taviana server.

This will be a quickie, got to head out.

I'd argue that the inclusion of a launcher system is definitely required on account of the Mi-17, which has had it far too easy for too long. Let's not forget the Vodnik either, although that has proven to be more susceptible to damage than any of us thought.

As far as these systems being too OP and not being inline with DayZ... I'd disagree. In terms of setting, being able to find and operate an AT-13 is far more likely than being able to find and operate an AS50. Furthermore, it's never been our intention to copy the setting found in vanilla DayZ. We're going for more factional warfare, and as it stands to reason that as factions would buck up and operate helicopters and vodniks, it also stands to reason that they'd get BTR-60s up and running. An AT-13, compared to what's already in the game, is relatively simple to maintain and operate. More importantly, it provides a counter to systems that are already in the game, and systems that will enhance the factional warfare aspects.

I'll post an update later on once I get home and gather some data from yesterday.

Stage 2 testing on the MLRS and BTR-60 continue. LAV-25 and FV510 have been set to not respawn until we decide what to do about them. HMMWV with TOW has been enabled for stage 2 testing.

Between the data I went over tonight, and the conversations I've seen/participated in, there may be some confusion as to how the MLRS is supposed to be implemented. We're all for people finding new and inventive uses for equipment, but it may be helpful to know the designed intent first: Going into the Gunner position, use mouse wheel to scroll to Artillery Computer. From there, you can click a place on the map where you want to send ordinance, and it will give you a TOT number in seconds. Pressing fire makes a single rocket head towards that location, which you can then track on the artillery computer map.

Vehicle and player locations are not displayed in this map, so you need exceedingly accurate co-ords to place fire accurately, and this can only be delivered reliably from a spotter with good communication skills. TOT numbers are rather high, so hitting a moving target is a pipe dream. Still, it remains a fantastic system for breaking bridge camps and for providing emergency fire support to ambushed players that were smart enough to leave someone with the artillery. The MLRS has been included with the intent to increase team play, but solo usage is possible if individuals broadcast their locations on side chat.

ok i can see where you are comming from. as for the humvee tow, yeah sorry but that is way too op. not hard to aim, i think it might even lock on. then the fact that its a one hit kill. no thanks way too much power

Interesting thoughts on the HMMWV TOW.

All of the current missile systems are one-shot kills on our current lineup of armored units - this includes the AT-13 Metis, the M47 Dragon, NLAW, and TOW. The TOW is middle of the hunt in terms of speed, but is the least maneuverable of the bunch, which would make it the least capable of defeating moving targets. It also appears that the TOW has a 65m fuze range. We'll be keeping an eye on it as we are concerned about certain aspects of this particular vehicle.

Good reporting!

Quickie update.

Deployed some packages that have been sitting here for awhile. Most are aimed at increasing stability and making logfiles manageable, but one that does impact you folks is the active combat script. Basically, if you do anything, you're in combat. Running, checking gears, etc. If you're within 65m of a zombie or a player, you're in combat. You can turn your body or your head without tripping the in-combat status, so when it's time to log out, chill out without running and you'll be good.

Why was this included? We've received so many complaints about combat logging and other login/out based exploits that we had to do something. We'll give this script a fair shake and see how it plays out.

Glad to hear it! The admins are currently locked up in the day-to-day grind, but at least one of us will be on later. The most active parts of the day seem to be from 3pm to 11pm PST - likely due to everyone getting home and wanting to forget about the day. :P

To be clear: The anti-combat logging script currently requires the player to be 65m away from other players and zombies, and to be still for 30ish seconds. This does not include turning and moving your head, but any other animation will trip the in-combat marker.

Easymode: Just take 30 seconds to say goodbye to everyone, or spend 30 seconds making sure you're not being followed.

We've become very interested in rMod2.

When we originally considered rMod(which unlocks most(all?) vehicle classes), we found it interesting, but of limited utility due to air assets retaining radar.

rMod2 brings in additional weapons - critically, it vastly increases the selection of handguns available. The limited selection of handguns has been a sticking point with me for some time, and it's nice to see a solution.

rMod2 also removes radar in all air vehicles, and may remove radar on ground vehicles as well. Also, there are unarmed(in terms of rockets/bombs) classnames for the aircraft.

This is all sounding really good to us, but we probably won't implement it if:

1) It is not supported by DayZCommander,

2) If the playerbase is firmly against it for some reason.

Feedback on this or any other subject always welcome.

i would love to try it out, as long as you would provide the download link and guides to installing it. im pretty sure dayz commander would support it because im sure ive seen servers before that were dayz adn running rMod. im sure ive seen it in some of their server name. good luck with it though and just keep us posted

Oh yeah, DayZCommander will list rMod servers. I mean that we do not want to use addons that are not downloadable/update-able through DayZCommander.

Well I know that they haven't added that yet. And I'm not sure if they would. I'd still be willing to try it though

New anti-hacking measures have been implemented, and the anti-combatlogging script has been tweaked - most likely the first tweak of many to come.

[2013-02-17 | 12:08:03] (Side) Swoah: lol flying off with a cow! nice one

[2013-02-17 | 12:11:42] (Side) Trenkos: Are you transporting a cow?

[2013-02-17 | 12:11:51] (Side) Trenkos: Like

[2013-02-17 | 12:12:00] (Side) Trenkos: Underslung underneath your Helicopter?

[2013-02-17 | 12:12:47] (Side) wingnut: brb india

[2013-02-17 | 12:14:07] (Side) Kyle SSD: cow drop

[2013-02-17 | 12:14:18] (Side) Kyle SSD: pick me up?

Sometimes, even admins can have a little fun too.

Demo version of base building is online. It is possible to build items at this time, but the recipes are not showing up. We still haven't finalized costs yet, so this may be fine.

sounds good, we are excited to have this. but if you do add it in you might want to make sure and increase the spawn on wire, tank traps, and sand bags otherwise building will be almost impossible. also i appologize for us putting tents in teh rocks. meant to ask you about it that night we were talking in teamspeak and i forgot. i know you guys are against exploits but at the same time we really didnt see that as one. again we appologize.

Server is currently down due to a DDoS attack. No ETA on the server returning, but will keep you all posted.

WES10, we currently are not able to influence the spawn rates of those items at their natural spawn locations. We may be able to influence the availability somewhat via wrecks and care packages, but that will be more difficult than it sounds(as well as being kind of odd - why are there bundles of razor wire here?).

Don't worry about the tent thing too much. I hadn't specifically stated that placing tents inside of bugged rocks was an exploit(although it does stand to common sense), and I think that not supporting saving items out of those tents was enough punishment for something relatively minor.

I guess this DDoS attack will give me some time to bugger about with the base building construction code at any rate.

Server looks like it's back up for good. We've beem up for some hours, but it was hit or miss there for awhile.

We have more exciting features! We've gone and buggered with the weather scripts - now visibility ranges from 4km(very, very rare) to next to nothing(also very, very rare). Average looks like it's pretty similar to DayZ standard, with some times when it goes longer or shorter. We're futzing with wind as well - we'd like to see if it has any impact on ballistics to make those 1,400m shots challenging.

sorry guys... server is not coming back up... gonna have to wait for wingnut, he has something running that has locked up the server im assuming... ive been gone for awhile so i havent been briefed on new/recurring problems.

ive attempted to restart and shut down the server but nothing is working.

sorry again

ILLICI7

That was me.

Turns out the restart issue was caused by an FTP client I left running on the laptop.

Oops.

Problem fixed.

looks like wing left his FTP client open again, server isnt comming back up, sorry guys

ILLICI7