nitrius

Low fps after the 1.7.1 update?

Solved my lagging with admin rights for the Beta *.exe!!

But its still really strange.

Alt + TAB seems to get my graphics card stuck in idel-mode.

It doesnt kick in after i get back in the game, the game just runs with 5fps after tabbing out :\ (5% gpu)

If i stay in, it runs with 50-60 fps.

Shruu

I have the same issue, had around 50+ before, now it doesn't matter what I try, i'm constantly below 10 :huh:

Well it seems like the hotfix is out now and can be downloaded through 6 Updater, Worrom's DayZ Mod Updater or manually. Let's try it out :3

Yeah Worrom Updater can't download it and Six Launcher is buggy for me (9999 ping on all servers). Well I'll wait until tomorrow and try to get it running then. Have a nice evening everyone.

EDIT : Huh, Mirrors seem to be down at the moment.

That could be because DayZ is a mod that needs an incredible PC to run well. You have good graphics (I think they're good) and a big map of 225km² with players and zombies all over it.

Incredible PC to do what?

Arma2:Operation Arrowhead runs 60fps on same map' date=' in [u']SAME LOCATION, and DayZ runs 5fps...

I think you don't understand Graphics Card work principle, it doesn't render the hole map, loot, zeds, at the same time, it renders ONLY what is in front of you, the place you are fasing, everything else is done by the SERVER.

Should be fixed in 1.7.1.1: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13996

* Performance issues were associated with loot cleanup not working. This has been fixed.

This is strange, because with 1.7.1 I had decent fps (40+) and after 1.7.1.1 my fps is capped to 9.

Edit: Everyone else I know has the same issue as well. I joined a 1.7.0 server and although bugged out with no debug info, I still got 80+ fps.

That could be because DayZ is a mod that needs an incredible PC to run well. You have good graphics (I think they're good) and a big map of 225km² with players and zombies all over it.

Incredible PC to do what?

Arma2:Operation Arrowhead runs 60fps on same map' date=' in [u']SAME LOCATION, and DayZ runs 5fps...

I think you don't understand Graphics Card work principle, it doesn't render the hole map, loot, zeds, at the same time, it renders ONLY what is in front of you, the place you are fasing, everything else is done by the SERVER.

Well I don't know. Do what you want about that I just know it lags.

Same problem here, massive Frame rate drop after the patch. Running between 5-8 FPS :(

Are all you guys still getting the same problem after the hotfix 1.7.1.1? seriously keep trying different servers UK/US whatever works for myself and a friend who have completely different spec pc/laptop

My fps issue seems to be resolved, at least for the most part, by itself.

Edit: And to repeat again, I noticed an enormous fps drop AFTER 1.7.1.1 hotfix, it was fine before it.

Edit 2: It seems there is still an fps drop, but varies between servers. I was on ANZ 1 just now for < 15 fps, and ANZ 2 for about 30 fps, when normally I get at least 40 fps.

still having server dependent fps issues with 1.7.1.1, I haven't been able to play properly since 1.5.8.

Initially I thought performance was related to the number of people on a server and/or the number of zombies as servers low on these would often run fine in 1.6 however I've just tried to play on a server that had <5 players on and was showing around 30 live zombies and less than 50 dead and had worse performance than ever, setting everything to lowest didn't gain even a single frame out in the middle of nowhere. played comfortably on medium/high settings back in 1.5

Ok, I tried deleting the files in AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache and joined a server, and my fps is now 70+. However, the server had just restarted, so I'm not sure if the server restart did it, or clearing that folder, or a combination of the two. Try it guys.

I believe its the Arma Beta Patch and not DayZ.

Now with it required all the ppl had to install it and are getting low fps.

I've been having these low fps issues for some days, always playing with the latest beta patch.

Dayz is using all 4 cores but 50-60% load tops. GPU is hardly reaching 30% load.

I believe its the Arma Beta Patch and not DayZ.

Now with it required all the ppl had to install it and are getting low fps.

I've been having these low fps issues for some days' date=' always playing with the latest beta patch.

Dayz is using all 4 cores but 50-60% load tops. GPU is hardly reaching 30% load.

[/quote']

I've been using the beta for a few weeks now and can confirm it's not the cause of the fps drop.

Same here normally get 60+ FPS constant @ 1080p on high/very high now I am struggling to keep it past 30 on normal and high specs below

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz

2x Evga Superclocked GTX 460s in SLI

8Gb of RAM @ 1600Mhz

Asrock Z77 Extreme4

1.5 TB Western Digital

160 GB 7200 RPM Seagate Raptor - For FRAPS/Dxtory

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Windows 7 64 Bit

Hey guys/gals, I just started playing literally today, and i was just wanting to know if this horrible lag could be caused by my pc (which i highly doubt). I'm able to play games such as Skyrim, Tribes Ascend etc. on high. Some specs:

Radeon HD 5750

8 gigs of RAM

Intel 2Quad Q9300 @2.50 GHz

Windows 7 x64

i think this mod never will be optimized, patch and patch and patch and the same low fps, i lose the hope

I can run Battlefield 3 on high setting and get a constant 25-20 FPS. I can run Tribes Ascend at 30+ on max settings. It appears that the FPS keeps going down with every update. That's when you can finally connect. I wish there was standards for the servers or one central login server. My average ping is 25-35 with no d-sync. I am not expecting super performance but I do expect the game to be playable at least. Even with the settings on low and latest Nvidia drivers don't help. I am also picking a server under a 50 ping and that makes no difference. I am just going to try it when a new update comes out until or if a playable version comes out. This really sucks because again when 1.60 was out there were not these issues. I wish that rocket would have focused more of the performance then trying to change the game to start with no weapons, other bullshit, etc. It seems like that was his focus. The game needs to be made fucking playable and bugs fixed before the game starts to go through drastic changes.

I wasted my 30 dollars just for this mod,i give rocket 1 year to come to this after he loses most of us whining members :P

I wish that rocket would have focused more of the performance then trying to change the game to start with no weapons' date=' other bullshit, etc. It seems like that was his focus. The game needs to be made fucking playable and bugs fixed before the game starts to go through drastic changes.

[/quote']

Amen to that :D