Sign in to follow this  
ocelot07

I think am going to wait for the SA now.

I absolute love DayZ even though at the moment it is just a mod it is my game of the year. I have been very lucky in the 5 or so months I have been playing DayZ as I have only ever been victim of hackers a few times.

But in this past week all I seem to come across is hackers. Mainly ones that use god mode. I finally managed to find some satchel charges 2nd time I have found any in the 5 months I have played this mod.

So I was sitting in elektro as I was running low on supplies. Now am not stupid running in there with my top gear so I put it all in a tent and went in there with a AKM and I brought along 3 satchel charges. I had no use for them really so I thought I would see what it looks like blowing a building up.

So I looted the supermarket and put the 3 satchel charges down inside.( I know horrible but since it was less than 1 hour until server restart why not ). As I was about to leave I noticed someone running around by the office building in camo clothing and a m240, I thought I want that gun. So I took a pot shot at him. In stead of taking cover he just ran towards to supermarket. So I got out the back door and ran to the field. I then went prone and had a check if he was following me. No sign of him he must be in the supermarket. So I set the charge of and in delight I watched the store crumble to the ground. I the noticed the guy was still standing in all the rubble but not moving. I thought he must be dead it might of just glitched. So I emptied a full AKM mag into him he turns around and starts shooting. He managed to break my legs and then killed me off.

What do hackers get out of doing this? I don't mind losing gear of getting killed by people. But getting killed by people who just been blown up and shot yet somehow survived is annoying.

Am at the point now where am thinking should I just leave DayZ until the SA is out (hopefully not long now) or just join very low populated servers. But where is the fun in that.

• Like 1

Or find a well run private server, I haven't seen a hacker for months, literally. Anyhoo, if you wait for the SA, see you there!

• Like 1

I must be honest, the SA will not be the be all end all. Stick with it after SA, there will be loads to do and play.

I must be lucky, I've only ran into hackers about 5 times since starting, 3 of them were just teleporting, which wasn't so bad considering th hacks they an employ! Never let them get you down, chill and come back stronger!

Check out my server post, we backup every 15 mins and any hacker encounters can be quickly rolled back.

I think you will find most private servers are similar now really in terms of backups, its the only defence left!

#Same

Most of the time you don't know if it´s a hacker.

A normal player can found my camp? In Nirvana? Only when i'm standing there? I think not, not so often.

It´s pissing me of that they can find me in Nirvana where no one could find me (even not a heli crew!)

Just stopped playing the mod and waiting for SA. If there'2 the same problem, wayne, i will change my tactic.

The best thing for you to do would be to find a well run private server, or put in request to join whitelisted server's. These have the least hacker's out of everything. The only downside ofcourse is that they arn't hives :P But if its ran well enough there would be no reason. I currently play on "1/9 WDU MADMAX" server. I live in FL and i have amazing ping to it, and it's the best server ive found. It's always well populated, hackers are next to non existent, and don't get me wrong, some slip through, but the ones that do are usually banned within seconds to minutes. The only thing i find annoying are the rollbacks after hacker's, but i havn't had to deal with rollbacks in a while. Just saying, worth checking out if you live in the US :P

Well.. If it becomes too much and you'd rather wait for SA. Do so but don't forget about Arma II and ALL her mods/add-ons and the wut-naught. :thumbsup: An ace-game and without it, perhaps the Dev Team wouldn't have an Alpha to make an SA from :o

Cheats ruin games for others because they simply-lack moral fibre (in general), the hardware to play the game 'proper' or are lashing-out from 'irl'-fails. Anyone who says "It's fun" or "It's cool" is either midly-retarded or socially deranged.

• Like 1

The more I play, the more I feel like there are a lot more hackers than it seems on the surface. The obvious, flamboyant hackers who teleport people around and spawn all kinds of weapons and vehicle are not so common and quickly dealt with most of the time. However, I suspect there are a lot of low profile hackers who want to have the upper hands on others. Mostly by using map hacks to see where other players, tents and vehicle are located.

Well that didn't last long. Went back on it today. I played in a privet hive. Had some good fun and for pretty much first time ever teamed up with a guy for a good hour. Then a hacker made everyone dance and I got killed by zombies :(.