dchristy87

Weapon Misfire and/or Jam

Empty mags should stay in inventory then if you find a re-loading kit for that type of bullet you could have one size fits all primers and propellant for bullets and by going into a building usually residential mostly rural and find a re-loading bench where provided you had the materials with you or found in a draw (if in furniture storage is added) wether spawned there possibly or left there for storage by someone who had no use for them.

Flint-lock / precision cap muskets , black powder musket style shotgun and pistols should be added and have a one size fits all black powder mag that loads 10-20 shots or takes all types of bullet for the class of weapon (pistol caliber for pistos and rifle/shotgun for muskets and shows re-loading of the weapon (this would have to be rare because if it was common no one would stand a chance against zombies)

Also swords/battle axes for non gun weapons

It's already in the SA ;)

Edit - great name BTW, one of my fav songs.

have they also included some way of maintaining your weapon? like cleaning kits, etc.

I really like the idea of weapon degradation. I also really like how they have implemented it in the Stalker game serie, If you find a new shiny weapons then after a couple of clips fired the chance of jamming increases and if you are running around with it for several days it will be in bad condition with a lot of jamming and misfires (because of the bad weather among other things) and it's basically time to find a new gun.

The ak-47 automatic rifle is only known to have jammed 3-4 times in its world service record

Stop being dramatic, I've personally seen a AK jam... even seen one explode once on Military.com. Also the're is a lot of bad magazines for it with.. magazine related jams ares the main reason of jams in the AK and good AK mag are hard to come by unless you're American, little lone a 3rd world nation. the AK persona is just an illusion

I've played mmorpg with jamming, detorenting weapons (Fallout Online 2238) and it looked cool and fun in theory but in practice it made game not fun.

I've played mmorpg with jamming, detorenting weapons (Fallout Online 2238) and it looked cool and fun in theory but in practice it made game not fun.

It makes it more difficult and unexpected. How cool is it to plan on killing someone that is passing by and then when you jump in front of him ready to fire your bad ass rifle it jams! Or the other way around of course, you are walking around and a bandit jumps in front of you, you think that you are about to die and then notice his rifle is jamming, just enough time to kill the attacker! I get a smile on my face just thinking about it.

@Frosti - It's not supposed to be "cool and fun" it's supposed to encourage you maintain your belongings instead of just assuming that everything will be fine.

The general idea of DayZ is overcoming the challenge of surviving the apocalypse.

Part of that challenge is taking responsibility for the condition of your gear.

EDIT:

If you don't want to spend time maintaining your weapons, don't.

But there's nobody else to blame when it gets you killed.

Edited by Chabowski

But this suggestion is to make weapons randomly jam, no matter if you maintain them or not.

Then I disagree with the OP.

If misfire/jamming is to occur without rhyme or reason, it wouldn't be in keeping with everything else the devs are trying to achieve.

If the condition of a particular item affects its performance, then it makes perfect sense to include it.

In any case, it's likely that something along these lines is already in the works.

I'm willing to bet it won't be "random" though.