Happymrsnowman

Lighting and Electricity

In the standalone it would be interesting to see survivors being able to set up searchlights, or simply lighting the streetlights or other electric lights.

I will be the first to admit the tactical fallacy of that as it would make areas more visible, but it would allow for excellent world building and allow the survivors to establish large bases with lit areas that would make approaching them in the night more difficult dangerous.

My idea for fuel: All of the abandoned car batteries. Implement an item called CAR BATTERY that can come charged or not charged. In the event it is charged, you can connect it to some lighting equipment that can be salvaged from vehicles, streetlights or residential/military areas.

The batteries would be consumed after a certain period of time. Charging them would be done by creating a charging station, combining an OLD BIKE, some SCRAP metal, and WIRING. Essentially building a pedal generator. A survivor would "use" the pedal generator. It would consume "thirst" and "hunger" since they would be expending body energy and converting it to electrical energy.

This would allow survivors to essentially convert food into "batteries" useful for further base building and possibly powering cars, if car batteries are implemented.

Thoughts?

P.S: I think this idea would fit well into the framework of the game already. No horribly messy coding. It would essentially be like "creating fire" where a light source is created. It would require the creation of an arbitrary object called "battery" the ability to "fill" this object when near a context sensitive area. In this case the area would be "generator" which in turn would be created from a bike.

ALSO: You could FIND generators in game (I think I;ve seen them around) repair with engine parts, fill with jerry cans, VOILA, electricity!

Edited by Happymrsnowman
  • Like 1

I like the idea. Gives it a little more flavor. Downside to the generators and lights? Build too close to a town, and the zombies will come.

love the idea of being able to create bases with electricity. It gives those who wish to a chance to try to reform some kind of society that was lost.