Sign in to follow this  
Schnit

New user - Error messages on startup, can't join any server

SOLVED as of 13 December 2012. See bottom of page.

Thank you!

----------------------------

I've been watching this game for a few months and finally today decided I wanted to play it.

Found a 20% off coupon on GameFly and got AMAII and Arrowhead for $23

Downloaded and ran each as stated...actually played for a couple minutes. There were zero errors.

Downloaded DayZ and updated (I've tried both commander and the sixwhatever). It says game and DayZ are up to date. I have not installed any other mods or the extra DayZ stuff. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I just spent $23 on something that does not work =(

I am pretty tech savy, been around computers since the mid 80s. (yes, I'm old =( )

I have installed the game completely, got the errors. Completely removed the game and deleted all content. Re-downloaded and re-installed everything and get the exact same errors.

Any time I begin the game the first error message I get (before the game even loads) is

"Addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E' requires addon 'CA_BAF'

Day Z load screen appears and then

"No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC.scope'.

And then I get the main menu with the water...no game.

If I go to the multiplayer button and try joining a server I get the following.

"Files (...list of files)... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play this server, remove selected files or install additional Accepted keys."

PC is a freshly built

AMD 6100 FX six core 3.3ghz

16 GB 1600 memory

Gigabyte 970A-UD3 motherboard

Samsung SSD

Radeon R7770 MSI GHZ video card

Windows 7 64bit updated.

Edited by Schnit

Morning bump. Anyone? Would love to sit inside and play on a snowy Minnesota day!

Any time I begin the game the first error message I get (before the game even loads) is

"Addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E' requires addon 'CA_BAF'

This is the only bit I can help you with, Addon 'CA_BAF' Is the British armed forces addon pack which is not needed for you to play DayZ as long as you have Arma2 OA installed as it comes with all the textures and ragdolls with it (the expantion just gives you missions and the ability to use the Icons in game". So to counter act this, when your on the main menu click on the addons button on the lower right side of the screen and make sure that the beta/expansion is turned on as well as DayZ mod.

Hope this helps

Thanks, but I'm still having this problem.

I feel like I've tried everything. Running in admin mode, reinstalls, disabling firewall, manually updating, automatically updating, manually installing, auto-installing.

Nothing works. Can anyone help me out, please?

Well, I give up.

Deleted registry keys, completely reinstalled and the same problems occur.

Are the developers zero help with issues like this? I doubt I'll give it another try in the future as I've spent quite a bit of time trying to get this to work, searching the web for answers and have had zero luck.

We

im having the same problem

Well at least I'm not alone. I've found a couple similar threads on the web, but they appear to have never been solved as there is zero follow up.

If the DayZ developers are planning on making a retail game at some point, they are off to a piss-poor start with customer service =(.

Hi

I am a noob and had the exact same problems you are experiencing. This is how i fixed it.

I assume that your Arma 2 and OP arrowhead are separate entities. You need to update Arma 2 to ver 1.10 then update Arrowhead to the lastest version 1.62. Get the updates from here.

http://www.arma2.com...ly/game-updates

I bought my game from Gamefly, i thought i had purchased combined operations, but it was infact Arma 2 and arrowhead as separate downloads, that is why you have to patch up both games separately to the lastest version. I had to download all the patches for each game as one would not install unless i had the previous patch installed etc.

Another thing i did was copy the mod folder from Arma 2 into the arrowhead main folder.. But i did that before i patched the game and it made no difference. I got into dayz after i patched up the games. So if the mod folder made a difference or not i don't know.

Hope that works for you as it did for me.

Edited by moving target

Hello Guys

I had the same problem as i tryed to run DayZ mod yesterday for the first time, now heres what to do

If you have ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead as addon.

First get the latest patch for ARMA2, install and then get the latest Operation Arrowhead patch, install it aswell, its that simple, the problem with CA_BAF occures if you use DAYZ Commander to update your Arma2 or OA version!

Somehow DAYZ Commander showed my version of the game as up to date (1.62) but it wasnt, as i manually tryed to install 1.62 for OA it said "please install patch 1.52 before installing 1.62, so somehow i had OA in version 1.52 and NOT as DAYZ Commander said 1.62.

Good luck guys hope it works for you too...

If you have any question PM me!!!

Greetz Psychonaut

THANK YOU!

Neither of the programs were updating the game like they said they were. After a manual update to 1.6, then to the latest version the game works 100% with zero errors.

Edited by Schnit