MissBehave

How do I get rid of the "BLACK OUT" spam in scripts.log?

Hi guys,

First.. I know I am a noob and I don't have the knowledge you all have about scripts. I am trying to learn but I get scared about mucking around in the various .txt files with a public server. Plus I don't want to do something and then ban a bunch of folks who were innocent.

That being said I have had this "BLACK OUT" spam in my logs for quite a while. For awhile it was error #45 and I tried the suggestions others gave but all it did was change it to error #23. I even uploaded the new scripts.txt dwarden put up on the community ban list last night and hoped it would fix it but it doesn't. I would really love to get rid of this spam but I am not sure what to do. Could someone be kind enough to help an old fart out?

This is the errors I am seeing spam my log.

08.12.2012 18:29:14: Personsname (IP) GUID - #23 "ong! disconnect and try again!", "BLACK OUT",1];

player enableSimulation false;

};

};

dayz_losChance = {

this piece of code is part of dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf, so it seems legit.

I will try it again. I tried the changes and it never got rid of it. Thanks! Hopefully it works.

Hi MissBehave,

I also noticed a lot of those messages in my logs, so let's check where they come from:

- Server CPU is not capable of handling all the data related to several players logging into the server, plus the ones already playing, synchronizing, etc;

- Internet connection speed/bandwidth/latency is not capable of handling all the data related to several players logging into the server, plus the ones already playing, synchronizing, etc;

So let's say two players on each 5 are getting stuck on those "loading" or "wait for host" messages, and if they are patient enough, they will wait until they get the message: "Something went wrong! disconnect and try again!" - Then they will see the screen "BLACK OUT"

I know it is the obvious origin, and we see it as a spam to the log, but it indicates the cpu/connection is not handling all players.. imagine the frustration of so many players wating to enter the game and getting this message. Some never get back to that server, so it is bad for server popularity.

So instead of getting rid of that message in the logs (thru changes in the scripts), the ideal solution would be not originating them, i.e., we admins should enhance processor capacity or get higher upload rate, or lower the number of slots in your servers...

I bet that if you restrict the number of slots to the half you are using today, just for an hour, you will notice those messages will vanish from your logs - except for those eventual players that loose connection during the host handshake, sometimes for reasons related to their own bad connections...

So no need to mess you scripts.txt...

Best wishes,

RBoos.