ActionManZlt

Blown up by server admin/hacker??

Check out this video @ about 9 minutes in:

http://www.twitch.tv/actionmanzlt/b/321077880

I had been playing this character for days and was scouting the NW airfield for the first time (yeah QQ, I know), when suddenly everyone on the server hears a high-pitched noise and dies instantly.

Is this a known bug or hack?

newbies. always accusing the admins. *rolls eyes*
Sorry, there was a guy named 'Administrator' laughing in the chat. I fogot that the default Arma name is your Windows login name, so this was probably just some guy who didn't rename the character.

Why would hackers kill everyone in a server? Just for teh lulz? What ass-bandits...

It's funny because back in the day of Planetside the GM's would occasionally pull the same kind of stunts that have been happening in DayZ, and that was an MMO. :P

Drop a meteor shower on a heavily populated battle zone and wipe out everyone that wasn't inside a building, or play around in one of the sanctuaries throwing players up into the air or stacking tall towers of vehicles and placing players up at the top.

Of course those were always a blast and didn't spoil the fun.

And now that I'm done reminiscing... yeah been a lot of hacking going on, people trying to ruin everyone's fun.