Sign in to follow this  
nostres20

Direct Chat is not working [Please help]

Hi guys,

i have a problem which is quite annoying, i cant read Direct Chat and i guess i cant hear direct voice either. The thing is, if i write something, others can read it! But i cant see their respond.

Its really bad because this interrupts the gaming experience, im getting killed because i dont see if anyone asks if i am friendly...

I googled before and i couldnt find a fix, does anyone have an idea? :(

Edit: btw, side chat is working with no problem

Edited by nostres20

Are you sure the other person don't have on either Vehicle Channel or Group Channel?

If direct chat isn't working 9/10 times is because it's running a different version of ArmA beta patch.

e.g.

I'm running beta patch 99515 and the server is on beta patch 99153, you may be able to type in direct.. however I cannot voice chat in direct.

I suggest making sure you've updated your ArmA beta patch to the server version, the version is usually in the name of the server. By checking the brackets which include (<DayZ version>/build <beta version>). If you have the right beta patch it's almost certain direct chat will work once again. DayZCommander is a very good program for easily changing your beta patch.

Also make sure your microphone settings are correct in your ArmA settings, volume is correct, make sure you're using the right push to talk button. Try resetting the game also, the game may not be registering that you're in the direct chat radius for some odd reason.

Edited by Mitunzz_

Hi,

first of all thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, I am sure that the other person wrote something in direct and yes i am running the same version which the server has. Im using DayZCommander too.

What do you mean by resetting the game? Re-install?

Odd angle. Do you have your 3d resolution different than your screen resolution (in game)? Perhaps its gets 'zoomed in' like a cheap dvd player on "widescreen mode".

• Like 1

Odd angle. Do you have your 3d resolution different than your screen resolution (in game)? Perhaps its gets 'zoomed in' like a cheap dvd player on "widescreen mode".

It was indeed different, i adapted it now and will check if it works. Thanks anyway

edit: graphics are better now, but direct chat still doesnt work

Edited by nostres20

So when you use ,(comma) or .(period) to select the direct-chat channel, hit / to start typing and chat doesn't appear or chat doesn't 'post to server'/dissappears after hitting "Enter"?

Mitunzz_ has a good-point. I noticed many NA Taviana Servers using different versions than 'current'. Had have problems reloading weapons but not chat-related.

Recheck your controls (even reset to default) from within Arma 2 OA/CO and perhaps mic-settings by right-clicking the speaker icon in tray.

Saw this thread for mic issues If you use Steam for Arma II, check solution #4 :)

Edited by Blunt_Zephyr

Hello Blunt and thank you for the answer.

When i select direct chat my message does appear and others can read it too. I know it because i teamed up with a guy and i wrote in direct chat and he replied in side/vehicle channel.

The version of my game is the same as on the server. I also put all settings to default but its still not working....

I've never been able to see OR hear direct chat from others EVER! I feel your pain nostres20.

Edited by Tango_911
  • Like 2

I've never been able to see OR hear direct chat from others EVER! I feel your pain nostres20.

You got my beans bro :beans:

Seems like there will be no solution until the standalone.

I only really ever play on private hives, so I don't really know if it's different to what you go on but I can see direct chat and hear direct voice chat too.

I only really ever play on private hives, so I don't really know if it's different to what you go on but I can see direct chat and hear direct voice chat too.

I also play on private hives, but it has nothing to do with this.

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!! my friend what i did i bought a mic (make sure u can talk through it) then you plug it in and u can hear/see what everyone says in direct chat! and u can type back and they'll hear. My fellow survivors spread this around so now evryone wont get shot in the head for not replying. well have fun :)