santiagoaquino6@hotmail.com

Flashlights taking up either weapon slot?

I think it'd be pretty neat to be able to pick up a flashlight while you're still walking around with only a pistol or, now that there are no starting pistols, when you get only a primary. As it stood up to 1.7 finding a flashlight was worthless during those first few minutes of play because you'd have to give up your only gun, or have it take up 4 spaces in your backpack (four spaces is too much, halve that, it's not even bigger than a can of beans ffs)

I mean, come on, it's sort of arbitrary that you can't put your flashlight in your primary slot.

The issue you'll find, however, is that Arma manages primary and secondary weapons as just that - separate categories. How annoying would it be to have a flashlight in your primary slot, and then only find batteries for a "secondary" flashlight? The engine also doesn't allow for dual-wield - you're better positioned to find yourself a gun with a built in flashlight.

Anyone with modding experience please correct me if I'm wrong on this - admittedly never created weapon mods for A2.

I think that flashlight SHOULDN't take any weapon slot. Come on, we can have a hachet and hunting knife in two misc slots, and flashlight takes 4 slots? Not worth picking up.

ANYHOE,

current flashlight is carried like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHZSG43ULVb0sQVG-U2mp_SB-tdymhDXt-57z7WCfLgpCZNaVP_Pm1uXMT

How about this totally unrealistic approach?

hg_flashlight_handgun_techniques_a.jpg

or even SUPER RARE chest/shoulder flashlight, which allow you to carry your primary weapon and still use flashlight?

Fsa-1em.jpg

I really like playing during night, when flashlight ripps the darkness, but it's no-go for me when I need to holster my weapon to use it.

I think the Devs are aware of this ridiculous situation, but maybe it's too hard to code into game? On the other side, looking at ACE - "impossible is nothing" ;)