Sign in to follow this  
hydrochetta

Anyone have any experiences with Survivalservers.com?

I just rented a server for my first time, I am new to the whole process and to be completely honest I have not the slightest idea what I am doing, kind of winging it you could say. Lol, well I know that the community for this game is excellent and if I reach out in the right places I will soon be off and running. Does anyone have any experience with the server hosting site called survivalservers.com? My server is listed in the server list when I search for it in-game but it is listed as being in the creation process. When I visit the website it tells me status is pending, so I imagine I still have to wait, just excited and impatient all at once.

Now that brings me to my next question, is there anyone here that could point me in the right direction to familiarize myself with TCAdmin? Any help on any of the given questions would be appreciated.

Also, can any server be setup base building?

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but my exepriences with SS was nothing short of a nightmare. You can read the last 10 or so pages of their thread for similar customer service issues. Whether their promises to improve or not remain to be seen, you'll have to make that judgement for yourself.

TCadmin isn't very difficult, but it might seem overwhelming for a first time admin. You can search for specific questions or post the ones you're not sure about. It's easy to screw something up if you're not careful so take the time to research.

Lol, should I have of gone with Dayz.st?

Yes.

Survival Servers are cowboys, they steal your money and think it is acceptable to give you a non working server for 50% of your subscription with them.

The DayZ team should ban them from using their forums.

They are incredibly rude to customers, lie, and give generic responses on tickets.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

I asked the server help rep if he could block a particular port for me on the server side, he responded, "I am not sure, to be honest with you. Go ahead and try it - let me know."

This tells me he knows nothing technically about his servers, he must just simply pay for them from another company. Not a company I would feel safe with.

I followed up by telling them I did not properly research the product I purchased from survivalservers.com, I asked for a refund politely and this morning I woke up to an invoice in my email telling me I had received 2 refunds, one for my server and the Dayz tools also sold for $5. The immediate refund gives me a great impression of this company, for me personally, but the lack of understanding about the server ports blew me away.

I would not rent a server from these guys. I am interested in learning how to setup a VPS, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edited by hydrochetta

The service is bad and they're can get kind of belittling when problems pop up. They REALLY like to tell customers that their problems only account for a small portion of the customer base, like pretty much any time a major problem pops up and people start complaining.

Switch to DayZ.st and you will be far better for it.