Sign in to follow this  
as7025@gmail.com

Bambi on the run

Hi all,

I'm a new player to the DayZ world. Have been playing Arma II for about a month and looking forward to stepping up into DayZ.

Tried out my first spawn last night, and managed to last about 10 minutes before a bandit killed me with a hatchet. Wouldn't mind but I didn't even have anything worth stealing!! Trying to get on some private hives, so hopefully it will get a bit better.

• Like 2

Hi welcome to teh community your ARMA 2 gaming will serve you well with this mod. You're more then welcome to check out our community , we have loads of individuals, ateams and evena couple of clans based inour community using our game servers (private and public) and TS3 server. Details are on our website @ http://www.bsbnetwork.com

Hope to catch you in game soon!

• Like 1

My advice for new spawns to get good loot when spawning in. Have the DayZ db map open at all times in the background.

Remember to hit the military tents and supermarket in cherno, followed by fire station. This route normally gets you everything you need, which you then head straight north for better things.

Electro is a bit the same- supermarket, church, fire station, and school. Then go north.

And don't leave the towns without at least one morphine. When you're doing all this, if an axe wielding player runs right for you- shoot him without question.

Happy huntin'.

Edited by evoxtom
  • Like 2

I'd chalk that up to plain bad luck on your first go but if you find it happening often you may want to try some underpopulated servers to get your feet wet. Try a server with only 10-20 folks on it instead of a full one of 50 players and your odds will increase. Best of luck!

• Like 2

Hi Billy, welcome to the forums. I agree with Walrus, try lower population servers first. Once you've developed the skills for zombies, then you can start defending yourself again the PvPers. ;) :thumbsup:

Take a look in the Private Hive Discussion forum for a list of UK servers. Some are open to anyone and some, like the one I admin (UK46) you need to be on a whitelist to get in. I like both Whitelists are good when you reach the point where you can't stand anymore scripter kiddy hacks. Though I've never had much of a problem with them, as I tend to keep to lower pop servers. Wherever you play, have fun and ask if you have any questions. They're mainly a friendly bunch here. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I managed to get onto a couple of white listed servers. Sadly my Internet connection is dodgy at the moment making DayZ unplayable. Will keep playing Arma II for now until it's sorted.

• Like 1

welcome! arma2 is really useful, especially the armory challenges

• Like 1

Like other say, play on low pop server. Always avoid fire shot at all time. I perfer to take a hit from a zombie and wasting a bandage to fix it then to shot. If you have to shoot, always prefer hand gun over bigger gun. Try to get a few friends to play with you too. A bandit seeing 2 or 3 people will be less tempted to engage then if you are alone.

Low pop server will get used to whole zombie mecanic, how to avoid them, sneak, get rid of them, etc.

When I am a fresh spawn, I dont bother ducking or crawling, I just run to a building and loose the zombies like that, worse case it fail and you die...losing nothing.

And best advice I can give you : Dont get attach to your gear. You will die and lose everything. Once you know your away around cherno, its pretty easy to get starter gear from fresh spawn.

• Like 1

When I am a fresh spawn, I dont bother ducking or crawling, I just run to a building and loose the zombies like that, worse case it fail and you die...losing nothing.

Do not listen to this. Most of the buildings aren't enterable. If you try this before learning which buildings you can go into, you're likely to get yourself cornered.

That said, it is pretty easy to avoid zombies. Jump over fences, or even just run around a corner and go prone.

• Like 1

Well I found a great low population private hive. Spawned near Electro which was lucky. Just been sneaking around, hacking zombies up and getting used to the gear system. Got some good gear so going to start heading north soon. Wish I had started playing sooner.

Good to hear! Have fun and let us know how you get on in your adventures. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

dear god.. stop saying bambi... just because some ***** on youtube started with this word.