Smax

Killed By Hacker - Lost Best Kit Possible

But it's not a suggestion, it's a fact. Your items can be found on the coast if you're lucky, you could lose them literally seconds later to a random zombie you did not see. If you begin to make honeymoon plans with your AS50, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I responded to one particular sentence, not the rest. Note what I quoted, read it again, and think about how stupid this response is.

I responded to one particular sentence, not the rest. Note what I quoted, read it again, and think about how stupid this response is.

The sentence you quoted was a summary of the rest of the post.

The sentence you quoted was a summary of the rest of the post.

The sentence I quoted says a very different thing than the rest of the post. If that was meant to be a summary, I advise you to go learn what the words you used mean.

The sentence I quoted says a very different thing than the rest of the post. If that was meant to be a summary, I advise you to go learn what the words you used mean.

So the phrase "Don't get attached to your gear" doesn't summarize three points why you shouldn't get attached to your gear.

That it, I'm done with English. I'm going to go learn Welsh.

1. If you were on a public server your gear is gone, period. the end.

2. If you were on a private server there may be a way for the admins to recover your items.

3. Play the game how you want, fuck everyone else.

Edited by w153r

I will agree that the main rule that will keep you sane in this game is to NEVER get attached to your gear.

I will disagree that "gear is so easy to get, its not even fun to get good stuff".

To this day, I've still never found (although may have been given) NVG, range finder, either .50 cal rifle, L85, FAL, Bezino, and any number of other rare items I can't think of since I rarely see them. This is on the main vanilla hive, not counting private/modified servers.

I've found.. maybe one each of camo clothes and gillie suits.

I looted an SVD camo from a tent I found once.. Was guardian-angel sniping Elektro and lost that one when someone teleported (or logged) in and capped my ass. I was doing alt+look sweeps all the time, too. I think this death was the one when I realized I'd really taken to heart that all equipment is temporary.. I sighed, said "oh well", and respawned. Never had that much gear before either, was rocking a gillie and SD pistol!

Its not like I haven't spent time doing hunting stand tours or lurking around barracks, either. And I've been to a number of crashed choppers. I don't know, maybe I just have bad luck. A few patches back in the 1.6 or 1.7 era, I thought the loot/spawn table was outright broken when I found something like one Makarov over the course of a week and a half..

Either way, yeah. People who complain that good stuff is too easy to get should just consider themselves lucky and enjoy it. Your luck *could* have swung the other way.

This is a really stupid suggestion and I don't know why everyone has said it over and over again for the last 7 months.

Gotta say, I agree with Castle - he makes a good point.

At the moment, the only mechanic for attaching value to your characters mortality is loot; because he's acquired an array of valuable items, weapons and ammunition which has taken a lot of careful gameplay to acquire.

Why? He was having fun.

He was also being the bane of DayZ.

Please note I don't use Bane as in the cool character from The Dark Knight Rises, but bane as in 'a f*cking ar*ehole'.

Edited by mzltv

There is nothing wrong with bandits, I don`t get all the hate towards them. They`re part of the game, it would be boring without pvp.

Glad you got hack-killed.

lol for real, that's lower than hacking

There is nothing wrong with Old School Bandits, I can see why all the hate towards noobie murders. They`re not part of the game, it would even be a greater experience without their type of playstyle.

Also the pvp would be alot more intense and challenging.

I fixed that for you......

So the phrase "Don't get attached to your gear" doesn't summarize three points why you shouldn't get attached to your gear.

That it, I'm done with English. I'm going to go learn Welsh.

Saying "Don't get attached to your gear" is a suggestion or an order. If that's what your previous points were there to support (the "facts" that I did not say anything against), then why did you tell me you weren't making a suggestion?

Saying "Don't get attached to your gear" is a suggestion or an order. If that's what your previous points were there to support (the "facts" that I did not say anything against), then why did you tell me you weren't making a suggestion?

Aren't you guys taking things a little too far?

I get killed by Hackers more than I do by fellow players or Zombies.

It's my number 1 cause of death.

And like the OP, it's getting annoying.

Last time I finally had a Ghillie suit, and all kinds of other necessities. Decided I'm going to register at some private servers, enough of this nonsense.

I admit that when you put it that way, you're right. Saying it was a fact was simply to emphasize that it wasn't a personal opinion and an actual thing to consider.

But this is drifting away from the original topic, so let's just leave it at I'm aware I misused a word.

Edited by Rage VG

DayZ isn't all about gear. Honestly, I'd trade the full kit you got for a hatchet and a couple of friends to joke around with, cause lets face it, killing people is boring.

lol you couldn't tell from how the player base behaves. Killing someone for gear seems to be the most common event in DayZ

I don't know about Chernaurus but in Lingor after the updates I found an L85 within the first 15mins of playing in a Camo UAZ, an NVG in a flyable heli nearby and a Ghillie 30-45mins after that.

Right now I'm sittin pretty with a Coyote BP, NVG, Rangefinders, L85, AS50, within 2 days after the updates, just have to find me a GPS now. The L85/AS50 is my favorite setup, but it doesn't really matter, if you can hit your target pretty much any gun will do, and lets be honest most of the time your shooting someone who isn't moving, taking 3 seconds to scan loot is all it takes.

I love killin people, don't matter what or who it is, every once in a while our platoon will get on at once and we'll lock down a major city.

Something you should note about those fresh spawns, they might look harmless now, but they won't be harmless 10 minutes from now when they have that freshly looted AK pointed at your back because you let them get past you.

Anyone who isn't in our platoon or Skype call is pretty much kill on sight.

Edited by Mr Faust

• Can I get my gear back? Either from the DayZ people or the server owners?
  • How can I avoid this happening again?

1. this makes me sad. dayz is not about your gear.

2. no. only if you never play again.

My Gear:

• SVD Camo - 4 Mags
  • Range Finder
  • NVGs
  • M9 SD - 5 Mags
  • 3 Bandages
  • FULL TOOLS exlcuding radio obviously
  • WEARING GHILLIE SUIT
  • Coyote Backpack with:
  • L85A2 AWS - 4 Mags
  • Camping tent
  • Cooked Meat x4
  • Water Bottle x3
  • Satchel Charge
  • And lots of other supplies including full meds etc

I was approaching Elektro to snipe it (haven't even really used any of my awesome gear yet) and the entire server gets ported to one place. I try to press escape to abort but it said something like "You can't escape LOL" so I alt+f4ed. Logged into another server and:

CHOSE MALE OR FEMALE

So... Here's my questions:

• Can I get my gear back? Either from the DayZ people or the server owners?
  • How can I avoid this happening again?

tl;dr - Had best gear possible. Killed by hacker. Lost it all. Can I get it back?

Like you said: You was on your way to Elektro to snipe it. What exactly did you want to snipe in elektro with an L85 and a SVD? Killing bambis? Shooting Zeds? C'mon, with that nice high end gear you should fight against real opponents and not some fresh spawns with Enfields and Hatchets. But to be honest, I like guys like you. I run around the sniper positions of Elektro and Cherno, kill those sniping basterds and get their shiny gear. ^^

But to be completely honest, you did not deserve more than the hacker attack. So you can get the same feeling as your prey when you shoot someone over a mile in Elektro.

Guys! I also got killed by a hacker and lost literally the best gear in the game too. I feel your pain OP.

MY GEAR:

Painkillers

Bandage

Flashlight

Oh noes! Is there a way to get my awesome gear back???!!!!

m1QeT.jpg

You're clearly new at this whole Dayz thing.

Mr. State the Obvious! Come on down! your the next contestant on the price is right!

I've taken Hetstaine's advice and now all I need is an axe, maybe a revolver and an ALICE pack full of Jack Daniels bottles. Who is laughing now you murdering scum?

Both of us. We're both laughing.

dnrb9.gif

Pic related, it's us when.

Sometimes I stick some fueltank parts in my backpack too just to get inside their heads. Psychological warfare muffuckas do you use it?

I was approaching Elektro to snipe it (haven't even really used any of my awesome gear yet) and the entire server gets ported to one place. I try to press escape to abort but it said something like "You can't escape LOL" so I alt+f4ed. Logged into another server and:

I was approaching Elektro to snipe it (haven't even really used any of my awesome gear yet)

I was approaching Elektro to snipe it

You deserved it. Doesn't really matter anyway, some guy with a hatchet would probably come up and kill you. Then again, you'd probably alt f4.