Sign in to follow this  
de4dcert

[Idea] Being able to barricade doors and windows/hostage take?

I was thinking of a situation where you could do this holding up a room with team mates if the zombies are after you seeing as most places in the standalone you can get into. Wood, hammer, nails e.g. Break down chairs or home objects. But then a counter for the bandits could be some battering ram or axe through after many hits.

Even meaner I was thinking about being able to tie a bandit down into a chair. Only if that person has a bandit skin does he open himself up to these exploits for the good. If he's left stuck in the chair for more than 30 mins he can suicide from the game or try and convince the people holding him he's sorry and will never do it again.

Hero's can be locked up in bandit holdouts but after a random amount of time have they have ability to break out armed with a knife or some melee weapon.

See where im going with this, perks but not out of order ones. Thoughts?

Barricading a door doesn't stop someone logging in within the building.

And personally I'm against any sort of hostage system. It's so easy to exploit it for greifing. It's bad enough people can just shoot your kneecaps off and walk off.

Barricading a door doesn't stop someone logging in within the building.

And personally I'm against any sort of hostage system. It's so easy to exploit it for greifing. It's bad enough people can just shoot your kneecaps off and walk off.

But someone logging into the game building you are in is going to just be unlucky right...

But someone logging into the game building you are in is going to just be unlucky right...

It would be like the Barbed wire all over again. If you logged in anywhere in a building, odds are you'd be stuck in there due to it.

Its just another Bandits Trollolol thread. Why people always want to punish one sort of players. Like rly 30 minutes on a chair? do you ever thought over how much time working people have for an game. Maybe 1 Hour or 2 Two? so basicily if he is tied up on a chair he have to wait he spare time sitting there...

Barricading is ok - Obejkts like doors could respawn after 20 Minutes and be destroyed from all kind of weapons and fists... or Chuck Norris style roundhouse kicked 1 Hit (not rly ^^)...

I'd agree with Rage VG. It's too much of a risk if it's a possible exploit to grief.

It's a nice idea. Barricating doors and windows to keep zombies and players out is something everyone would do. It would look like the barbed wire in a way, but it could be taken down with a hatchet, in just a few hits.

The possibility to create a prison in this way opens up the door for new, exciting and frustrating experiences in the game. Tie somes hands so he can only walk into his prison, or just remove his hatchet and weapon and throw him in his prison. The only way out would be to suicide or wait for friendly help.

Force someone to follow predefined paths into buildings by blocking unecessary doors, only to make him fall into your trap.

I see lots of interesting uses to something like this.

It's even better than barbed wire and sandbags in that you can't jump over a barricated door!!

Finally, i believe that heros and bandits should be treated the same way by the games mechanics, it's the players that should decide how to treat them.

Instead of saying its a bad idea, come up with a solution.

Have an option to kick down the damn door. Three boots and its splintering open. Yes, it could take a few extra moments, but is expect a lot of struggle getting to and into places in such a situation. It would add to the overall survival feeling.

Zombies should be able to smash doors, just a different animation with the same results.

Locked doors and door noises are absolutely needed.

The hostage thing is iffy. If you have a knife, you should be able to free yourself. But at the same time, to avoid griefing, a player should have to be knocked out or something to make it difficult.

And if its done, it should not be only to bandits.