TomKesi

Consuming food and time.

Eating food and the time it takes.

CANS:

- let's have both types (with the ring to pull off the lid, and without)

- the type without the ring much more common, than the other

- if you need to open the can without the ring, you have 3 choices:

1)no can opener, no hunting knife:

You have to open the can by using your hatchet, or by smashing it with a rock (for example).

(your character goes into the "busy" animation)

Either way, you open the can with loosing some of its content - let's say 1/3 of it.

(your character get hungry faster than usual)

2)you have the hunting knife, no can opener:

You open the can with your knife, loosing no food.

(your character goes into the "busy" animation)

3)you have the can opener:

(no "busy" animation)

SPOON:

- "There's no spoon." :

You have to eat with your hands.

("busy" animation)

- You have the spoon.

(no "busy" animation)

COOKING MEAT:

-the cooking itself should take some time ("busy" again?)

EATING MEAT:

-you can eat only cooked meat

-using KFS and camping dish (no fear of diseases?)

NEW ITEMS:

-can opener

-spoon

-KFS (knife, fork, spoon set) - has a can opener (saves one slot in the inventory)

-camping dish

-new skins (If you eat like a pig, you look like a pig.)

What do you think?

• Like 1

everything is good but the looking like a pig do you mean fat or? do you really mean look like a pig?

Zombie murdering pigs!

No, I think he means fat/ husky.

I like the idea, but instead of 'getting hungry faster', how about it just doesn't completely fill your food meter?

everything is good but the looking like a pig do you mean fat or? do you really mean look like a pig?

No :)

If you eat with your hands, your clothing gets stained.

I like the idea, but instead of 'getting hungry faster', how about it just doesn't completely fill your food meter?

Yes, I agree. Your idea is better.

eating with cutlery won't make you eat things instant, it will also take time, need to put down your weapon, etc.

perhaps eating without cutlery might give a small chance to catch an infection. that would make sense.

• Like 1

You might cut your hand while trying to wrestle a sardine out of its tin.

You might cut your face trying to drink a can of beans.

Infection might be a good addition to encourage good dining etiquette.

No elbows on the table etc.

Nice idea!

I was also thinking about the time it could take to cook your meat. How about you put it on fire for as long as you like? If you leave it for 5 minutes it might still have blood in and the threat of getting infected (if the animal was sick) is higher, but be careful though, let it longer and you might burn it and loose all you precious steaks!!

It would be funny responding to a friendly call for help by "em... sorry dude, i 've got some steaks on fire here!"

• Like 2

everything makes sense apart from the spoon, sorry but, why would you take longer to eat by hand or by spoon, i would understand it, if the cans had a 4-5cm diameter only, but as it is, makes no sense, also nothing stops you from chugging donw that crap straight from the can to your mouth.

You might cut your hand while trying to wrestle a sardine out of its tin.

You might cut your face trying to drink a can of beans.

Infection might be a good addition to encourage good dining etiquette.

No elbows on the table etc.

you dont need to absolutely touch your face with the can when pouring it to your mouth, and if your worried about cutting your hand fishing a sardine out of a can, Crab a twig, or 2, problem solved.

I can see you still haven't gotten over not winning the Nobel prize for eating out of a tin.

I'm just trying to give a half-sensible reason to use the spoon suggestion.

You still MIGHT injure yourself. It's a perfectly plausible situation.

I'm pretty sure if I was in the apocalypse, I'd want to use a spoon. It would be my little refuge of civilization.

It's a shame there's not a "because I want to" meter in DayZ. Cutlery would fit nicely in there.

These are great ideas. It should take time to cook meat and eat. Especially cooking meat--it shouldn't be instantaneous like it is now.

I can see you still haven't gotten over not winning the Nobel prize for eating out of a tin.

I'm just trying to give a half-sensible reason to use the spoon suggestion.

You still MIGHT injure yourself. It's a perfectly plausible situation.

I'm pretty sure if I was in the apocalypse, I'd want to use a spoon. It would be my little refuge of civilization.

It's a shame there's not a "because I want to" meter in DayZ. Cutlery would fit nicely in there.

yeah, but still a busy animation for eating w/o a spoon, if anything i would imagine if a person is hungry, the last thing starts digging from the bottom of hes backbag is a damn spoon, he will start corging on the canned ambrosia and cutting himself most likely is not on hes mind, and most likely the activity is anything but slow.

Thank you for your ideas! I can only agree with almost all of your suggestions.

THE SPOON:

I know I should have explained it in the first post better. There is not enough loot in the mod IMO and I wanted to suggest something, that could give us some diversity. Picture yourself looking down strictly at your bambi friend telling him to eat faster :)

I know that you can eat faster without a spoon, but what would be the point of having it in the first place?

You should gain perks by having better equipment, that is my point.

to Dasdarkseed: I LOL'd in a full bus, while reading your post! Beans for you! Picture an organized group raiding Cherno, while one has to stay in the camp and cook dinner.