n00baphile

My Issues with the 1.7.1 Changes

are all of the "play better/get on my level/ stop being an idiot" 's really necessary?

yes. the game is all about raising stakes.

so that the taste of each can of beans would feel as a miracle.

you are counting bullets and fill your flask with trembling hands.

are all of the "play better/get on my level/ stop being an idiot" 's really necessary?

so that the taste of each can of beans would count as a miracle.

I already did that -_-; Then again like I said, I have only been playing for a few days.

I already did that -_-; Then again like I said' date=' I have only been playing for a few days.

[/quote']

Then play longer, man. After another week or two, you'll adapt t the ever changing lifestyle of the Chernarus Infected Zone.

For Fuck's Sake people it the Zombie Apocalypse - not a weekend camping trip with friends! Grow some NUTS' date=' suck it up and learn to play a different way.

The tears of all these "My character was over 20 days old and i just died" wimps are making my night! So you lost your DMR, NVG's and GPS? Welcome to Respawn-ville, bean population - nil.

For what its worth i say Rocket gave us too much equipment on spawning.

[/quote']

Couldn't agree more.

I already did that -_-; Then again like I said' date=' I have only been playing for a few days.

[/quote']

Then play longer, man. After another week or two, you'll adapt t the ever changing lifestyle of the Chernarus Infected Zone.

hah no, ill be staying away from Cherno for a while XD, but I damn well hope so because I see all of these long time die hard players going NO NO make it harder/ GIVE US LESS and i'm just like oh FUUUUUUUUUUUU**** that. XD

I have just been observing players in big cities with my dmr scope. Its been fun just watching the survivors die. You can still sneak past zombies but if you think you can run through big city without load of ammo to kill the following zeds you are wrong, they will rip you a new one.

so far i havent fired a single shot at survivors this morning since there is no need to kill the makarov assassins, because they dont have makarovs :)

I didnt have big problems strolling through berezino moment ago (looting both stores and mill),

you just need to be really cautious.

Learn to adapt. I've already worked out decent ways to deal with zombies. You just have to think a little.

In other words, play better.

My 2c

Some really good stuff in the new patch;

- New zombie animations and noises are great. I especially like the hoppers speed.

- Combining 1911 ammo with revolver clips is a huge step, I'm excited about crafting.

- Spawning without a gun is a nice addition, I have always thought starting with a can of coke and a bandage would be the way forward.

- Double barrell shotty is mint.

- Some of the bugs have been addressed which is never easy.

The not so great;

- The zombies are just too quick to detect, the line of sight is great, but only if cover works as intended. Inside cover doesn't prevent being spotted which is what is causing the dislike here.

Looking forward to the LOS being sorted out.

I'll be rolling back to 1.7 to play with friends but I like the direction.

As it stands, I think this current patch with deter new people which could be a shame.

i like the hardness now, but i dont like that running seems to be broken for me and if i pick up a weapon it drops everything else lol

I got jumped by 12 zombies at a hunters tower today, they seem to continue to spawn at an alarming rate. Normally i could handle them. But they got me... the last 3 did.

Couldn't face spawning without a weapon. Maybe tomorrow.

Its supposed to be hard.

So the thing that caused the end of the fucking world (Zombies) are actually quite dangerous. Well fuck me thats a new one.

Before this patch Zombies were a joke, a mere annoyance at best now I actually have to watch out for them instead of just players. The new LOS thing with them is awesome!!

This release is great. Pretty buggy, but that'll get fixed.

I love the fact that you spawn with a flashlight but no weapon. This completely changes the COD noobs killing each other. There is now very little incentive to prey on freshly spawned players. I wouldn't complain if we got an empty water canteen but this works fine.

The new zombie LOS is awesome, it feels like you can actually outsmart zombies and not just play the system.

Between these changes and no global chat the game feels completely different and sooo much better. Keep it up!

It sounds like cities will be impossible to deal with sneaky or not once your spotted without a gun your toast.

Not true , improve tactics.

why is everybody flaming the author of this thread. all he is saying is, that now with no weapon at the beginning its A LOT (and i mean A LOT) harder to get anything. the one half of the players die in the first 30min because they are new to the game and the other half dies because its really really hard to get yourself going without ANYTHING to defend yourself. even in RL you can defend yourself with anything around. so give us a little help at the start.

And to all the hardcore players saying "buhu u need to play better": well, right i`m new to the arma series and i intend to get better (since the first run i got a lot better) but just a little help to get onto your foots would be really nice. and maybe u can change that in the difficulties. (Recruit = pistol or axe at the start, everything above= no weapon.)