Sign in to follow this  
AlfalphaCat

Random illogical lighting changes.

Date/Time:6/15 and 6/16/2012. Around 11pm to 1am Central Daylight Time.

What happened:The lighting is just instantly being sucked out of the world for short periods of time and then returning to "normal". Best way I can describe it. Also had the sky instantly go from cloudy to clear with stars and back again within a minute or two, sometimes longer. It was instant when it does change. Just running around and I can see the trees/horizon and sky and then bam, light is seemingly non-existent. I know how dark night can get in this game, but this is different and pretty non-nonsensical.

Where you were: Western part of the map mostly.

What you were doing: Normal Dayz stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary.

*Current installed version:This happened with both 1.7.0 and 1.7.1. Also with Beta .701 and .825(the newest)

*Server(s) you were on:US3 and Seattle 14

*Your system specs:Phenom X4 965, Radeon HD5770, 8G RAM, Win7(64bit)

*Timeline of events before/after error: Nothing special that I can think of that would be pertinent.

So, I didn't find a thread that addressed this and others that I play with have said that they were noticing it too. Makes it really hard to navigate at night. I can't see it being a problem during the day. This may be an Arma 2 issue, or more likely a Beta patch issue. This is also a very recent issue that I have not experienced before.

I get this also, especially going in and out of some buildings.

Tents at starry can be horrible for this.

I got this aswell just recently with the new patch.

I was running though the treeline of a forest, every few trees i past seemed to glitch the sky like that.

Yeah, I encountered the same glitch. At first I thought it was my GPU overheating or something, which has never happened, because the strange lighting effects showed up together with some weird artifacts when looking in a certain direction. I was at Balota airfield when this happened.

It was the first game-session of version 1.7.1.1 and ArmA II Beta 93825 I used the "-winxp" variable with, because I read somewhere this could possibly have a positive effect on FPS (though I don't have multiple GPUs, just one). I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I'll remove it the next time I'm playing DayZ.

My specs:

HD5850 Toxic 1GB @ 820/1160 (slightly overclocked)

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2 Ghz

8GB DDR3 SDRAM @ 669 Mhz

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, SP1

From what I understand it's not a glitch, it's clouds covering the sun. At least during the day time.

I was getting a similiar issue, at night it was like the brightness went down several notches in a sequenced order then the screen went totally black. After several seconds the image would fade back in. It did it during the day only opposite, instead of black it went full white.

For me it was the Crossfire HD 5850's, I disabled crossfire and running off one card and it's been fine since.

Possibly an ATI driver issue? I am running the latest drivers with one card and that issue is gone for me.