laszers

beta patch problem

for some reason i keep getting an error when i load the beta, saying

no entry '.profilepathdefault' then another error that shuts it off saying

error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

this is my first install of it, and followed everything to the tee as well i ran it as administrator.

Hmm sorry then, can't help you. I was having the same problem without steam awhile ago, and I was able to fix it by changing the 'start in:' property of my shortcut. Don't think that will help you though where you are using steam.

well i guess i might as well try that if you would be so kind as to tell me how.

Okay, look at the 'Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch' that should be in your main Arma 2 folder. The target should say something like: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash , your path will obviously be different if you are using steam. Now below that, the 'start in' should say: "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2" . For whatever reason my path for the start in property was the same as the target one, which gave me that error that you are getting. When I changed it back to just \ArmA 2, not \ArmA 2\Expansion etc. etc., it worked again.

Like I said your paths will be different and I'm not even sure it works the same way with steam.

nvm i got it i just had to replace the original shortcut and add a different launch option (of course made a backup of the original) ty so much for your time.

nvm i got it i just had to replace the original shortcut and add a different launch option (of course made a backup of the original) ty so much for your time.

Any chance you could explain what you did? Having issues as well.