a_typical_noob

A Night In Taviana

I was thrilled when I got home last night and saw Taviana was finally on DayZCommander. This map is incredible! Here's a collection of last nights adventures, there's teamwork, backstabbing, murdering, and a whole lot of exploring...

***EDIT***

I went back and re-edited the video. It was pretty boring with just the music. That's the last time I do any editing at 2am...maybe.

Edited by A_Typical_Noob
  • Like 3

Because it's more of a compilation, not a "Let's Play".

I'm all for constructive criticism and feedback, though. Should I re-upload it without music?

Edited by A_Typical_Noob

explain the reasoning behind the annoying music.

TURN THAT NOB ON YOUR SPEAKERS DOWN. CANT TAKE DAT WOMP WOMP WOMP YOU SCARED BABY CRY TO MY ARMS I HOLD YOU SING YOU SNOOP LION SONG.

• Like 1

Are those custom models part of the map or just part of the server you were on?

Are those custom models part of the map or just part of the server you were on?

I'm not 100% certain, as I have only played Taviana on that one server, but going from all the other YouTube videos I've watched, I'd say the skins are specific to the map not the server. And they're pretty radical, if you ask me!

i have always seen those models on taviana footage, it seems a good map, with not so many military spots..but i always see the same locations on videos, so i wonder if these are the only ponits of interest, since i wasn't able to find an online map...

It seems to be pretty expansive, as far as I can tell. It's definitely my new favorite map, that much is certain. Can't wait to explore it more in episode 2 (even though I'm in the middle of nowhere, and I'm pretty sure our truck is going to be gone).

This map is incredible!

Incredible cheap made maybe. Okay its a cool map with some very good ideas and a lot of work but nothing looks natural. Every Mountin has the same shape. Either we have totaly flat ground or 40° round hills. Every Forest looks similar and too clean, no dead wood, no bushes at the edges. We have high ground plants in the forest and no grass/plants on clearings. The Map designer has not one time looked outside his window into the real nature.

And the cityes, only square streets, everything is too clean. No atmosphere. Unrealistice amount and placing of houses. Everything is to big. We have shoppingmals, hotels and stuff in one town but there are only houses for like 500-1000 ppl in the biggest town.

And the map maker gives a shit on the gameplay. The citys are full of impasses. No cover in the streets. Sometimes there are 300m long streets with totaly nothing in it. The highway is more a barrier for cars as a good connection(gateways only on one tack). The distances between hotspots are to long.

The huge amount of trees does lag quite a bit. I think the right island needs more transportation. The left has almost all of it. I think we need to not be spawned on the top right of the map on the right island because there is really nothing there and thats where the gameplay halts. Most people usually jump off rocks if they spawn up there. Some of the towns seem to really lag when you are in them as well.

• Like 1

This map does have it's flaws, I can agree with that. I think I just enjoy the change of scenery and the excitement of exploration I get from it. Kind of reminds me of exploring Chernarus for the first time. However Taviana does feel a bit unpolished and I also agree that certain towns do seem to lag pretty badly. I haven't given up on it though.

Side note: If anyone cares, episode 2 is uploading now.

Episode 2:

Me and Atlas continue our journey in Taviana, with the help of LOTS of vehicles...

Edited by A_Typical_Noob