Sign in to follow this  
Barnakf007

Logging out of a chopper to relog on ground near an enemy.

Greetings Dayz community,

I don't know if this is the place to talk bout such things, but ill do it anyway, if there is a proper section feel free to move my thread over there. Today i encountered a massive exploit which needs to be fix for the stand alone. I got into a gunfight with a bunch of guys in a chopper. The chopper passed right over me in the woods and a guy from the chopper logged out, to then relog right next to me ( i saw him spawn) in the woods on the ground. This is total Bullshit ( sorry for the word). This kind of cowardly strategy needs to be taken out. Lemme suggest to make people that log out of a chopper to be immediatly respawned as a fresh spawn. with keeping their gears of course.

• Like 5

This has happened to me ( I killed him of course) but I agree , maybe make it so they spawn in same place and just parachute? or just make them drop to the ground i think

• Like 1

Hmm, I was about to land a heli at San Arulco when the screen goes black(video card fail, or something else) I begin to ascend high as I can then leave the game, log into another server thats empty, and come flying down with a sweet view of where I'll land between my characters legs.

This was the end result:

arma2oa2012120123334433.jpg

why are you covered in lettuce?

didn't you hear? You can harvest the plants from those pumpkin patches to make camo
  • Like 2

Ya it should have some penalty but of course you have to think about when peoples game or computer crashes and try have no control over it

Edited by Dayzrr

Ya it should have some penalty but of course you have to think about when peoples game or computer crashes and try have no control over it

Yes indeed, thats why i think respawning to a spawn zone would prevent abuse without a too radical penalty for those unlucky people that crash/dc. It would prevent any type of abuse of that system. If the devs leave it as it is for the unlucky people that dc/crash there will ALWAYS be certain people that will use it for their own benefit in a bad way.

Won't the latest update solve this? If done in a combat scenario?

It does if someone shoots first... i think..but if no one shoots , they can do it. Also i saw many people still logging out in front of me when i shoot at them. Teh latest update kind of halved the problem.

Thanks for pointing this exploit out. Have never seen this before. The same would be true of other vehicles also and this requires a fix.

Thanks for pointing this exploit out. Have never seen this before. The same would be true of other vehicles also and this requires a fix.

It is my pleasure, i really love this game.Just sucks that some player ruins a bit of it by cheating... Like on the server that the chopper thing happened to me, i killed the same guy and he had a sniper i never seen a L90 or something. It makes the same sound than a as50, i took his backpack while they we're going to pickup up the guy with their chopper i ran to the forest, and said i just found a cheated gun on his corpse. Teh chopper came back STRAIGHT to me even tho i was in the forest in celle ( forest in celle are epic hideout) then a guy logged out to land on ground and killed me , i called them cheater and they defended themself saying it was not combat logging and it was allowed then i got banned -.- lol