Sign in to follow this  
Ruu

An Eventful Night and an Eventful Day

Last night, my friend Tom and I were derping around on the public hive instead of our usual public clan hive.

We logged in and met up in Cherno.

Now, I had only just gotten my new computer so I had MUCH better graphics. I hadn't killed anyone before that time.

Tom and I ran around looting things in the supermarket and what not. It was dark and a flare was lighting up the church like a beacon.

We cautiously went over and I peeked around the corner to see a guy with an AK laying on the floor, aiming at the door.

I used direct communications to say "Friendly" but he just ran away. Even though we had no guns.

Tom and I ran around some more and were shot at by some random people at times and decided to do another loop to the church, where we met the admin of the server.

He picked up a makarov and told us he had a heli that was almost fixed up at Balota air strip.

He said goodbye and started running in that general direction.

Since I had much better graphics, I was feeling like being a bandit and so I told Tom to shoot his legs.

The admin went down and passed out. A zombie then hit Tom and Tom passed out.

I killed the zombies eating Tom and then saw the admin was awake again, so I just took my revolver and put two bullets in his head.

"Admin Chat: thanks ruu"

I lol'd at my first ever kill (THANKS DOOMY!) and Tom and I decided to head to Balota air field to see what's up.

We got there, used binoculars to look around the place, and started running towards the huey.

I got there first since Tom had decided to take a longer route.

A guy was crawling towards the huey. He then got out and I told him to put his gun down and step away.

I derp'd since there was a zombie near me and the guy wasn't co-operating so I simply took my revolver and walked around the huey, putting two bullets in the guy's head.

My second kill ^_^ without assist.

Tom and I piled into the heli and flew over to west Lopatino where we set up our camping tent, filled it with food and then Tom logged off.

Feeling quite happy with myself, I hopped in the heli and flew over Cherno and Elektro, showing off. I did backflips above both cities before flying back towards camp.

On the way, I saw a downed helicopter and decided to check it out.

I tried landing, but, alas, my tail caught on something, I lost connection and then the heli crashed.

~~

THE NEXT DAY

Tom's not online yet but I logged in still alive in the place where I crashed the heli!

I did a little happy fun time dance and headed towards Stary, which was 3k from me.

I got to Stary, looked around with my binocs and decided it was safe to run around. I walked around the tents, grabbed an M16A2 and went to the supermarket, where I found absolutely fuck all. (FUCK THE LOOT GLITCH!)

I then decided to run towards the NWAF.

It took about 10 minutes and then, again, I scoped it out with my binocs.

No zombies. YES!

I was all happy-go-lucky running right across the centre. I ignored all zombies, headed into the ATC tower, found nothing again, looked in all hangars, the firestation, the barracks and errything else but only found a wheel and some engine parts which I was going to use on the car I saw in Stary by the tents.

I thought "hey, maybe stuff will spawn soon" so I climbed the ATC tower again, only to hear a sniper shot ping on the ground near me. (LOL BAD SHOT)

I ran inside, went prone, and crept down the stairs, sprinting for the northern tree line.

Feeling all Frankie-Like, I decided to flank the sniper. I spent a good 10 minutes running around the edge of the air strip and using my binoculars and ears to pinpoint where he is. I finally got within 50m of his general location, and I saw someone running along the tree line with an agro zombie following him. HA!

I crept after him and found him in a tree, avoiding the zombies.

I only saw his legs at the time.

Taking my M16A2 in hand I PEW PEW'd his legs until I saw "Anth was killed".

Sadly though, he disconnected somehow and so even though he died, I got NO body to loot. I was still happy though.

From then, I ran to the ATC tower across the field again, checked it out, found nothing, then ran back to camp west of Lopatino.

What an eventful day. 3 kills in 24 hours on my first day of being able to shoot. ^_^

Love DayZ.

I also forgot to mention that before I logged in, a hacker had struck so there was an arena thunderdome thing on the NWA :D! I tried to get in, but couldn't find an entrance.