Sign in to follow this  
Conaire

Can helicopters despawn?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you don't want to read the post, my general question is

"Do helicopters de-spawn after a certain amount of time of nobody getting in or out of them, or after being left alone for a certain amount of time?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Me and a few friends have had a helicopter on a server 2 times now, we hid it pretty well both times the first time was pretty close to the edge of the map (Like within 30 meters of the line) so we took it that was why it de-spawned, along with a land-Rover we had with it.

This time around we made sure to put it inland somewhere, to take away the ability of the server de-spawning it due to zone restrictions, we had a friend log on and check it out...

it was still there.

Later on though, like literally 45 minutes, we came back and it was gone.. at first we thought someone had taken it, which was the natural reaction... but we had some tents close by it, in plain clear sight of the helicopter, both filled with decent gear, 2 AS50's, 2 M107's, Fal's with night vision, that sort, but all of it was still there? they didn't touch anything but the helicopter if it was a player, which just doesn't make sense to me, if it was me I would have at least taken something, a blood bag or anything just to have some extra supplies... so has it de-spawned again or what's going on with our god dam choppers? :(

• Like 1

But then that raises the question of why they didnt touch the tents... although i suppose they could have been geared enough that anything in them just wasent worth it

Just happened with me!

I had a helicopter, found it yesterday. My camp is full of tents and vehicles. The heli was 20 meters of them.

Today I joined the game and EVERYTHING was completely fine, except for the helicopter, which disappeared.

that sucks if they do despawn, it's a pain to find them and fix em up, can't imagine what it's like to come back to camp and it despawned.