Sign in to follow this  
DiazWaffleCrabstro

Couple of moronic logic's that should be fixed.

Ok first of all, i did not jump on your throat, i even mentioned that i did not know what to think of your post regarding the nade launcher, because of the way you phrased your sentence.

Second. About hunts, i renew my deer hunting permit every 2 years(been to 4 hunts) never actually attempted to skin and gut an animal that size with an axe, but out of necessity had to do it once for a rabbit, it was not pretty, but most of the skin came out as easily as with a knife, needed to make more work on the opening cuts before pulling the skin.

And about calling them princesses, it is nice to see you ALMOST, read the replies correctly, i was calling them princesses for getting picky about the tools they choose in a survival situation. Also they can either take or leave the suggestion, bad attitude or not on anyones end, i aint gonna loose sleep over it.

Third, good point about wood gathering.

I understood why you called them princesses, it still came across as insulting. As did your implying I didn't read the replies correctly. Just because I have a problem with your bad attitude, all of a sudden I can't read properly? You don't see how insulting that is to say to someone?

I'm not going to lose sleep over your words here, but someone might, so I felt like point out your insulting tone. Hoping that you might tone it down a bit.

Ok i will populate the list as i remember them/run to them again. I will now list a couple of things that fly into the face of all logic and would be nice to see them fixed. they have propably been listed many times, but searching with faulty logic axe knife as one search, yielded way too large a swath of results.

-Cant gut animals with an axe.... Really? what is your logic behind that, please someone clarify, it is a sharp object, with more Heft and weight in it than a hunting knife but you cant use it to gut or skin animals according to the dev teams logic >_< An axe, that is sharp enough to be considered a splitting axe, and to kill a zombie in one hit.... cant gut an animal. ok...

-Hunting knives, what is stopping me from carrying 2? or to use it as a weapon for that matter.

-Why is it that the soda cans, give me no nutrition, despite them having lots of sugar, it should atleast give a minor energy boost, alongside with the quenching of the thirst, which brings me to our next item on the list of stupid things.

-Why cant my guy survive longer than 3 hours without drinking? you guys have a realistic day and night cycle... but comeon. a person can go on for 3 days without drinking, 1 whole day if he stays active the whole time. and 5-days to week without eating food.

-WATCH OUT! there is a small 15cm high elevation when going through a door while crouching, it means i must stand up... comeon, how stupid is that?

-Also someone tell me how the 70-82 desibel thud from an m203 is suddenly louder than a silenced pistol (which btw is still well over 95 desibels) Or the actual explosion of the grenade itself....

Hmmm allthough... chernarus.... i gues we truly are in the magical bakwards land of soviet russia?

This guys on drugs when it comes to the water and rucking thing. If I was moving 8 clicks (which I often do when I play DayZ, and sadly do IRL) with a heavy pack of extra crap in it, a primary, secondary, ammo, food, water, a freakin' car tire...( or radio, vector, thermals if IRL talk)

Ima want me some water - and not freakin' 3 days from now because the internet says I'm good for 3. Sure if I was by a river source, setup, and using minimum energy to conduct my daily route, the water thing could be good. Then again... if I find a ghillie, or hell, if we going for the real factor, you could dehydrate yourself after 600 meters of stalking in the prone on a sunny day.

I guess Army Rangers are just pussies - because they take water when they conduct a 12 miler, not sure why the army sets up water points on these things either, or why people heatcat - everyone should be good for 3 days man. Try just running your entire ruck, turn the heat up man... I don't know why they give them bastards MREs at the school every day either - I'll let the cadre know they are getting over easy and should get one every 5 days...

disagree entirely with that part of your post.

I do agree with your 203 vs the M9 SD - a GOOD suppressed (notice I didnt say slinced) M9 will ring out at around 130Db-ish ( w/147 grain rounds) still ... which is freakin' loud, just for wondering ears, without the SD can on, average shot noise or a unsuppressed M9 is 160 Db-Ish... I might own one, I might know this for sure.

The 203 ( I don't own one. ;( ) I know is loud, but not that loud. Often the guys get confused about the Db put off by one of these guys are the clowns that have only fired practice rounds... which sound cute. Regular HE/HEDP got a nice bang (leaving the barrel, and impact of course). My over all opinion though is that you are some what right to complain about this.

So in your post... my common opinion on your list, the ones I didnt reply to are in general known annoying problems. The other ones ain't talked about as much...

Feel free to try and butcher my reply as you've been doing with everyone else - I don't give a shit. ;)

Edit: for typos, I always find them after I post... -.-

Edited by FinKone
  • Like 1

This guys on drugs when it comes to the water and rucking thing. If I was moving 8 clicks (which I often do when I play DayZ, and sadly do IRL) with a heavy pack of extra crap in it, a primary, secondary, ammo, food, water, a freakin' car tire...( or radio, vector, thermals if IRL talk)

Ima want me some water - and not freakin' 3 days from now because the internet says I'm good for 3. Sure if I was by a river source, setup, and using minimum energy to conduct my daily route, the water thing could be good. Then again... if I find a ghillie, or hell, if we going for the real factor, you could dehydrate yourself after 600 meters of stalking in the prone on a sunny day.

Never said a sane person would want to go for 3 days without drinking, i was saying you can if you dont find any, not saying it is enjoyable, the pre heat stroke symptoms are pretty trippy also, and might not be a good thing that you start toting your weapon at air due to hallucinations with zombies around, As far as being on drugs, i want some of those your having, since you assumed i was saying people would do this off free will simply because it can be done. Also, if your active, the time span is shortened down to 1 day max, if your obese, propably 12 hours.

I guess Army Rangers are just pussies - because they take water when they conduct a 12 miler, not sure why the army sets up water points on these things either, or why people heatcat - everyone should be good for 3 days man. Try just running your entire ruck, turn the heat up man... I don't know why they give them bastards MREs at the school every day either - I'll let the cadre know they are getting over easy and should get one every 5 days...

disagree entirely with that part of your post.

Again you missed the point completely, i simply said a person CAN go for 5 days w/o food if there simply is none to be found, i love how you try to twist my words trying to make it sound like someone would do it just for the hell off it all the time, willingly. So no i dont think army rangers are pussies, but it does seem their brains are not proportionate to their ego, since they cant even read properly, or understand the contents of what they have read.

I do agree with your 203 vs the M9 SD - a GOOD suppressed (notice I didnt say slinced) M9 will ring out at around 130Db-ish ( w/147 grain rounds) still ... which is freakin' loud, just for wondering ears, without the SD can on, average shot noise or a unsuppressed M9 is 160 Db-Ish... I might own one, I might know this for sure.

The 203 ( I don't own one. ;( ) I know is loud, but not that loud. Often the guys get confused about the Db put off by one of these guys are the clowns that have only fired practice rounds... which sound cute. Regular HE/HEDP got a nice bang (leaving the barrel, and impact of course). My over all opinion though is that you are some what right to complain about this.

Yeah we measured HE and smoke ordenance The smoke ordenance we measured had less of a load as far as propellant goes so it made less noise, The HE rounds didnt seem to be "excersise painted" the distance we measured the sounds from was 6 meters away from the firing position.

So in your post... my common opinion on your list, the ones I didnt reply to are in general known annoying problems. The other ones ain't talked about as much...

Feel free to try and butcher my reply as you've been doing with everyone else - I don't give a shit. ;)

Edit: for typos, I always find them after I post... -.-

-Yeah i saw no point making individual replies to multiple different posts, rather make a post of my own.

-And about butchering your post, Done as per requested :P and no i aint gonna lose sleep over some forum posts, it is nice to see some other people can take things as what they are, simple text :P despite the "color" of it.

1. You can't gut animals with an axe because you can't in real life, axes are never used to gut animals, it's delicate. You can't just chop it up with an axe.

Yes you can. You just open up the gut with a couple chops, pull the guts out with your hand, then you can take the loose skin with your hand and then using the axe blade, separate it from the muscle underneath. You can also turn the axe over, blade up hold it between your knees and use the blade as a fixed object which you can then cut sections of meat with. And chopping is exactly what you want to be able to do, obviously you have never had to deal with a large animal, separating joints is not an easy job with just an knife, an axe is a much better tool. It's clear you have not worked a lot with an axe, this is a wonderful implement, anyone who has spent any time in the wild knows how useful it is. It is not just good for chopping wood.

Knives wouldn't make a very effective anti-zombie weapon anyway, given how close up to a zombie you would need to get.

Maybe they wouldn't be that effective, doesn't matter, they are a potential weapon.

I don't understand the point you're making, there's no system of obtaining nutrients or boosts from food and water in DayZ. You simply eat and drink when you need to.

The requirement to drink is too much, either they compress the time in the day to give more day and night cycles or they reduce the amount of drink required. Minimum requirements of fluids, (which include the fluid component in food) is 1.6 liters. An active human requires approx. 4 liters of water a day. A canteen is at least a liter.

An average male with a weight of 170 lbs and a height of 5' 10" exercising intensely every day requires 2700 calories a day to maintain their weight. That is 6 cans of beans, less of pasta. And of course, humans have layers of fat, they can survive on less food for a long time.

• Like 1

Yes you can. You just open up the gut with a couple chops, pull the guts out with your hand, then you can take the loose skin with your hand and then using the axe blade, separate it from the muscle underneath. You can also turn the axe over, blade up hold it between your knees and use the blade as a fixed object which you can then cut sections of meat with. And chopping is exactly what you want to be able to do, obviously you have never had to deal with a large animal, separating joints is not an easy job with just an knife, an axe is a much better tool. It's clear you have not worked a lot with an axe, this is a wonderful implement, anyone who has spent any time in the wild knows how useful it is. It is not just good for chopping wood.

Maybe they wouldn't be that effective, doesn't matter, they are a potential weapon.

The requirement to drink is too much, either they compress the time in the day to give more day and night cycles or they reduce the amount of drink required. Minimum requirements of fluids, (which include the fluid component in food) is 1.6 liters. An active human requires approx. 4 liters of water a day. A canteen is at least a liter.

An average male with a weight of 170 lbs and a height of 5' 10" exercising intensely every day requires 2700 calories a day to maintain their weight. That is 6 cans of beans, less of pasta. And of course, humans have layers of fat, they can survive on less food for a long time.

I salute you on your insight, and you haz my beans, you put the reality right in front of the noses of princesses like a cold scientist :D Thank you for that.

Never said a sane person would want to go for 3 days without drinking, i was saying you can if you dont find any, not saying it is enjoyable, the pre heat stroke symptoms are pretty trippy also, and might not be a good thing that you start toting your weapon at air due to hallucinations with zombies around, As far as being on drugs, i want some of those your having, since you assumed i was saying people would do this off free will simply because it can be done. Also, if your active, the time span is shortened down to 1 day max, if your obese, propably 12 hours.

Again you missed the point completely, i simply said a person CAN go for 5 days w/o food if there simply is none to be found, i love how you try to twist my words trying to make it sound like someone would do it just for the hell off it all the time, willingly. So no i dont think army rangers are pussies, but it does seem their brains are not proportionate to their ego, since they cant even read properly, or understand the contents of what they have read.

Yeah we measured HE and smoke ordenance The smoke ordenance we measured had less of a load as far as propellant goes so it made less noise, The HE rounds didnt seem to be "excersise painted" the distance we measured the sounds from was 6 meters away from the firing position.

-Yeah i saw no point making individual replies to multiple different posts, rather make a post of my own.

-And about butchering your post, Done as per requested :P and no i aint gonna lose sleep over some forum posts, it is nice to see some other people can take things as what they are, simple text :P despite the "color" of it.

I say again - you will not make it 3 hours with a ruck on your back moving as fast as our characters do. NO WAY, I don't give about a fat person or a PT stud break-down. You lost your sense of credit from me (not that it matters on the internet anyways) when I saw that statement. That is a joker statement. Even on a nice chilly day, with a freakin' hat on, light vest, and a light pack like our characters have, at their speed - they will need water more then once every 3 hours. Thats the drugs I think you're on when you come back and try to second that. I can run forever and still not need much water... or better yet the ability to keep hydrated using pepsi and coke is still amazing all in itself.

And that a person CAN GO - is retarded. YOU ARE NOT SITTING IN THE WOODS WITH YOUR CHARACTER STATIONARY ALL DAY WHILE YOU PLAY DAYZ - unless you are a cherno/lectro troll sniper - but even then, before that you surely had to hunt for gear. My main point is - and I'll go over a summary.

Ok the water thing

You stated the water system is lame and that a person doesn't need to drink every 3 hours - got it. Correct.

I say thats crazy, because 90% (sure not a real statistic, whatever) of the DayZ population is under constant rucking constraints (by choice) while they play - or else it would be CampingZ not DayZ.

Ok now the food thing.

You say a person CAN GO 5 days without eating - right, roger, got it sgt.

I SAY Rangers (WHO WILLINGLY GO TO GET THEIR RANGER TABS) eat entirely less then they want to, again, WILLINGLY - for the school, and if they dog'd them like we dog our characters in DayZ - again, EXTREME SURVIVAL situation, the amount of calorie intake from a MRE (twice a day) often ranging from 1400 - 1700 (depending on the MRE) per ranger candidate is not enough to keep them going, its only enough to test their heart and let them know what real sleep derivation, and a faultering body feels like. I bet that one can of beans we eat, or a simple steak got 1400 - 1700 calories...

So with that said - I didn't miss no damn point, you did. You consider this a static survival situation when you fail to look at the amount of movements, and the over all problems these things would generate. Hell I haven't even gotten started on inflammation of the joints, water settling, stress fractures, heat exhaustion, increased risk of general illness due to strain, blisters - I should just stop myself. We got it damn good in relation to the food water ratio within the game - so maybe this time you'll get my point, or do I have to come back here again?

Ego is a great tool of war. Its how fools are made heros.

Survival shows done screw'd up a lot of peoples heads.

Edited by FinKone

I once went without beanz and coke..it was the worst 12 minutes of my life.

Ok i will populate the list as i remember them/run to them again. I will now list a couple of things that fly into the face of all logic and would be nice to see them fixed. they have propably been listed many times, but searching with faulty logic axe knife as one search, yielded way too large a swath of results.

-Cant gut animals with an axe.... Really? what is your logic behind that, please someone clarify, it is a sharp object, with more Heft and weight in it than a hunting knife but you cant use it to gut or skin animals according to the dev teams logic >_< An axe, that is sharp enough to be considered a splitting axe, and to kill a zombie in one hit.... cant gut an animal. ok...

-Hunting knives, what is stopping me from carrying 2? or to use it as a weapon for that matter.

-Why is it that the soda cans, give me no nutrition, despite them having lots of sugar, it should atleast give a minor energy boost, alongside with the quenching of the thirst, which brings me to our next item on the list of stupid things.

-Why cant my guy survive longer than 3 hours without drinking? you guys have a realistic day and night cycle... but comeon. a person can go on for 3 days without drinking, 1 whole day if he stays active the whole time. and 5-days to week without eating food.

-WATCH OUT! there is a small 15cm high elevation when going through a door while crouching, it means i must stand up... comeon, how stupid is that?

-Also someone tell me how the 70-82 desibel thud from an m203 is suddenly louder than a silenced pistol (which btw is still well over 95 desibels) Or the actual explosion of the grenade itself....

Hmmm allthough... chernarus.... i gues we truly are in the magical bakwards land of soviet russia?

-Have you ever tried to gut an animal? Not quite as easy as it sounds, it requires a bit more attention to detail than clicking on it. Using an axe (which isn't necessarily sharp because it utilizes gravity and weight more than the sharpness of the blade) would be pretty damn hard.

-Why do you want 2 knives? I agree with using them as weapons though, even though they might not be effective.

-What exactly is a minor energy burst going to give you? I for one don't feel like I can run faster when I drink a can of soda. I do think soda and water should have some differences in how they affect you, however.

-Because a person can't live without water for 3 days if he is running constantly with a pack full of gear and a rifle. More than that, it adds more survival aspect to the game. If it took a full day of in-game time, I might need one soda can per life. Absolutely no challenge or threat to survival. Sometimes you have to sacrifice realism for playability.

-Just a glitch...

-I don't feel like researching that. Instead, I'll blindly agree with you.

Sometimes things are more logical than you perceive them to be...

• Like 1

I say again - you will not make it 3 hours with a ruck on your back moving as fast as our characters do. NO WAY, I don't give about a fat person or a PT stud break-down. You lost your sense of credit from me (not that it matters on the internet anyways) when I saw that statement. That is a joker statement. Even on a nice chilly day, with a freakin' hat on, light vest, and a light pack like our characters have, at their speed - they will need water more then once every 3 hours. Thats the drugs I think you're on when you come back and try to second that. I can run forever and still not need much water... or better yet the ability to keep hydrated using pepsi and coke is still amazing all in itself.

And that a person CAN GO - is retarded. YOU ARE NOT SITTING IN THE WOODS WITH YOUR CHARACTER STATIONARY ALL DAY WHILE YOU PLAY DAYZ - unless you are a cherno/lectro troll sniper - but even then, before that you surely had to hunt for gear. My main point is - and I'll go over a summary.

Ok the water thing

You stated the water system is lame and that a person doesn't need to drink every 3 hours - got it. Correct.

I say thats crazy, because 90% (sure not a real statistic, whatever) of the DayZ population is under constant rucking constraints (by choice) while they play - or else it would be CampingZ not DayZ.

I said an active person, i did not specify what loads they would carry during that period and what pace and terrain, personally, i dont run most of the 3 hours in game i propaly run 40 minutes average, rest of the time is spent going slowly avoiding zombies and players. So a 3 hour span on water intake or you die, seems damn silly for me.

Ok now the food thing.

You say a person CAN GO 5 days without eating - right, roger, got it sgt.

I SAY Rangers (WHO WILLINGLY GO TO GET THEIR RANGER TABS) eat entirely less then they want to, again, WILLINGLY - for the school, and if they dog'd them like we dog our characters in DayZ - again, EXTREME SURVIVAL situation, the amount of calorie intake from a MRE (twice a day) often ranging from 1400 - 1700 (depending on the MRE) per ranger candidate is not enough to keep them going, its only enough to test their heart and let them know what real sleep derivation, and a faultering body feels like. I bet that one can of beans we eat, or a simple steak got 1400 - 1700 calories...

You had a dismissive comment on the food, which was giving a message that a person could not survive 5 days w/o food, so yeah, it seriously looked like you were missing the point of human body doing what it can do to survive.

So with that said - I didn't miss no damn point, you did. You consider this a static survival situation when you fail to look at the amount of movements, and the over all problems these things would generate. Hell I haven't even gotten started on inflammation of the joints, water settling, stress fractures, heat exhaustion, increased risk of general illness due to strain, blisters - I should just stop myself. We got it damn good in relation to the food water ratio within the game - so maybe this time you'll get my point, or do I have to come back here again?

Ego is a great tool of war. Its how fools are made heros.

Survival shows done screw'd up a lot of peoples heads.

No we do not have a good relation, considering the ingame hours move the same pace real hours, and you ABSOLUTELY have to drink every 3 hours and eat every 6 hours, OR YOU DIE! it is not about survival shows screwing with peoples heads, it is about having yours so far up in your ass, you dont see the game that is trying to be realistic, has not taken in the factor of how much human body can endure. So yeah, you did miss some points.

-Have you ever tried to gut an animal? Not quite as easy as it sounds, it requires a bit more attention to detail than clicking on it. Using an axe (which isn't necessarily sharp because it utilizes gravity and weight more than the sharpness of the blade) would be pretty damn hard.

I said it was doable, never said you would enjoy it, or make a pretty neat job like with a knife, but simply dimissing it as too hard of an option is what the prewious princesses said

-Why do you want 2 knives? I agree with using them as weapons though, even though they might not be effective.

To share, or to stash incase know your headed for bad territory, and not sure you would make out of there, for example, you can have 2 axes, why not 2 knives.

-What exactly is a minor energy burst going to give you? I for one don't feel like I can run faster when I drink a can of soda. I do think soda and water should have some differences in how they affect you, however.

Wow :D you automatically think of it as some Energy drink add style energy, have heard of these things called Calories and carbohydrates? they are the main source of energy for body, down to the cellular level metabolism.

-Because a person can't live without water for 3 days if he is running constantly with a pack full of gear and a rifle. More than that, it adds more survival aspect to the game. If it took a full day of in-game time, I might need one soda can per life. Absolutely no challenge or threat to survival. Sometimes you have to sacrifice realism for playability.

True but the logic is not there, since the game is trying to make a realistic environment, therefore your needs should too be realistic, what most people here(including FinKone, hope he is not a finnish guy, he should try spending winter month or a summer month up in lapland living off the land) did not understand that the load your carrying should affect your water intake, and i merely said the general guide lines, sure if you carry a 40kg load and run all the time, 3 hours is a good amount of time for needing a drink, but damn, who of us here actually gets a 40kg load off the bat? hell i think the heaviest load i usually carry is either the 1866 or the remington with light, some ammo for it, some wood, matches, map, binoculars, hatchet, bandages, pistol with 2-3 clips, couple of heatpacks, some chemlights, a water bottle or 2 sodas, and that takes time to accumulate, and no way in hell is that load 40 kilograms.

-Just a glitch...

-I don't feel like researching that. Instead, I'll blindly agree with you.

Sometimes things are more logical than you perceive them to be...

except they are not, tell me your empty nylon backbag weighs 40 kilograms, and explain the logic in that.

Might as well pack it in lads, the lightbulb does not want to change.

ok, maybe with the axe you won't eat filet mignon, but 8 steaks from a whole cow... you can collect them with a wood stick!

the sounds are weird because of arma2..but there are sound mods to make them feel better, don't bother, films compromised what people think a silencer is.

for the doors i don't know what to say..it's a minor issue! look how we climb ladders!!!!!

about the dehydratation, everybody knows, but if you should have to drink only when you need it, no one will care about that and you would drink a can every 2-3 sessions of gaming and even more. i think that's when you want to drink, not when you need it..the survivors are tamagochis, you want them to be happy! new gun new car, a coke a steak!

yeah they should be fixed, i agree and i'm totally for realism

Edited by Bludy

For the food and drink icons, and the time it takes for starvation to kill us in game, you have to realise, nobody plays 24/7 so realism has to take a back seat.

That said, I would like to see the requirements be made up of more "layers" of dehydration and starvation, coupled with reduced performance etc.

I feel this might replicate the condition of a person when they get beyond "I want" and start to gravitate toward "I need" with regards to nourishment of some form.

OP - Wrong again. If my body is broken down, just because I stop'd for a bit after several days of hard moving, doesn't mean my water and food will just BE OK. It has to play catch-up so to speak, but whatever. You're coming off as broken and dumb at this point man. ;) I made my points, Mr Ima Defend My Topics is all this thread has turned into. Often military "legs" are broken down into 600-800M movements, short halts for those that don't get it. Yea yea, for a map-check and so forth but I'll be damned if you don't find someone snacking or drinking water during a short halt - even in country.

Edited by FinKone

You can carry as many knives as your pack can hold. I'm not sure what the complaint is here?

Edited by salty

Ok

Cooking should at least take 10-15 mins, it should create more risk.

Drinking water should have to be filtered from dams,lakes and pools.

Thermal should depend on body heat, rain, night and day temperature, battery power, heat proof clothes.

After swimming you should have to dry off quickly or get hyperthermia.

ATV's should be bridge friendly.

More in depth weather, snow, sleet, hail, wind.

Camo netting for vehicles & tents

Tents should not be able to be put in the middle of trees and stairs, plus no easy spotted tents from half a mile away, it's really annoying.

Edited by L1CKEYSPL1T

I said it was doable, never said you would enjoy it, or make a pretty neat job like with a knife, but simply dimissing it as too hard of an option is what the prewious princesses said

I'm hardly convinced it's doable to an extent where you would get something even resembling a steak out of it. I would agree with whoever said you could do this, but only get one piece of meat out of it.

Wow :D you automatically think of it as some Energy drink add style energy, have heard of these things called Calories and carbohydrates? they are the main source of energy for body, down to the cellular level metabolism.

I'm fully aware of what calories and carbohydrates are. However, I'm also fully aware that the there is no mention of them in the game. Unless you are thinking about adding an entire caloric system into the game, the energy a can of soda would be hardly noticeable in any way.

True but the logic is not there, since the game is trying to make a realistic environment, therefore your needs should too be realistic, what most people here(including FinKone, hope he is not a finnish guy, he should try spending winter month or a summer month up in lapland living off the land) did not understand that the load your carrying should affect your water intake, and i merely said the general guide lines, sure if you carry a 40kg load and run all the time, 3 hours is a good amount of time for needing a drink, but damn, who of us here actually gets a 40kg load off the bat? hell i think the heaviest load i usually carry is either the 1866 or the remington with light, some ammo for it, some wood, matches, map, binoculars, hatchet, bandages, pistol with 2-3 clips, couple of heatpacks, some chemlights, a water bottle or 2 sodas, and that takes time to accumulate, and no way in hell is that load 40 kilograms.

Absolutely a system should be implemented basing your needs off of weight and activity. However, like I said before, the game has to at some point sacrifice realism for playability. Rocket has stated himself that he doesn't like saying realism in terms of DayZ, but authenticity instead. No game can ever come close to the realism everyone wants it to without it becoming unplayable. DayZ has come the closest, and if things like a not-quite-realistic needs system are implemented, I'm okay with that because I trust that it is to better the player's experience.

except they are not, tell me your empty nylon backbag weighs 40 kilograms, and explain the logic in that.

Who said it does?

You can carry as many knives as your pack can hold. I'm not sure what the complaint is here?

could be the servers then, so far it has not allowed me to carry more than one and that in toolbelt, even if i try to stash it in my backbag :S

I'm hardly convinced it's doable to an extent where you would get something even resembling a steak out of it. I would agree with whoever said you could do this, but only get one piece of meat out of it.

I'm fully aware of what calories and carbohydrates are. However, I'm also fully aware that the there is no mention of them in the game. Unless you are thinking about adding an entire caloric system into the game, the energy a can of soda would be hardly noticeable in any way.

I never said, i simply suggested giving a small boost to the hunger meter(energy)

Absolutely a system should be implemented basing your needs off of weight and activity. However, like I said before, the game has to at some point sacrifice realism for playability. Rocket has stated himself that he doesn't like saying realism in terms of DayZ, but authenticity instead. No game can ever come close to the realism everyone wants it to without it becoming unplayable. DayZ has come the closest, and if things like a not-quite-realistic needs system are implemented, I'm okay with that because I trust that it is to better the player's experience.

Who said it does?

The other people who have been arguing about the need to drink every 3 hours no matter what, say it does. getting a decent gear is a time a consuming progress and having the 3 hour dehydration death ticker looming on your head is silly, especially with how little shit you got in the beginning.

Ok

Cooking should at least take 10-15 mins, it should create more risk.

Drinking water should have to be filtered from dams,lakes and pools.

Thermal should depend on body heat, rain, night and day temperature, battery power, heat proof clothes.

After swimming you should have to dry off quickly or get hyperthermia.

ATV's should be bridge friendly.

More in depth weather, snow, sleet, hail, wind.

Camo netting for vehicles & tents

Tents should not be able to be put in the middle of trees and stairs, plus no easy spotted tents from half a mile away, it's really annoying.

love your additions.

The other people who have been arguing about the need to drink every 3 hours no matter what, say it does. getting a decent gear is a time a consuming progress and having the 3 hour dehydration death ticker looming on your head is silly, especially with how little shit you got in the beginning.

Did you read the other half of my post?

I never said, i simply suggested giving a small boost to the hunger meter(energy)

This also doesn't disprove my point of it being pointless and having too minute effects for any real consideration.

Edited by Dutch Miller

ok, maybe with the axe you won't eat filet mignon, but 8 steaks from a whole cow... you can collect them with a wood stick!

the sounds are weird because of arma2..but there are sound mods to make them feel better, don't bother, films compromised what people think a silencer is.

for the doors i don't know what to say..it's a minor issue! look how we climb ladders!!!!!

about the dehydratation, everybody knows, but if you should have to drink only when you need it, no one will care about that and you would drink a can every 2-3 sessions of gaming and even more. i think that's when you want to drink, not when you need it..the survivors are tamagochis, you want them to be happy! new gun new car, a coke a steak!

yeah they should be fixed, i agree and i'm totally for realism

For the food and drink icons, and the time it takes for starvation to kill us in game, you have to realise, nobody plays 24/7 so realism has to take a back seat.

That said, I would like to see the requirements be made up of more "layers" of dehydration and starvation, coupled with reduced performance etc.

I feel this might replicate the condition of a person when they get beyond "I want" and start to gravitate toward "I need" with regards to nourishment of some form.

Thank you for the input gents :)

OP - Wrong again. If my body is broken down, just because I stop'd for a bit after several days of hard moving, doesn't mean my water and food will just BE OK. It has to play catch-up so to speak, but whatever. You're coming off as broken and dumb at this point man. ;) I made my points, Mr Ima Defend My Topics is all this thread has turned into. Often military "legs" are broken down into 600-800M movements, short halts for those that don't get it. Yea yea, for a map-check and so forth but I'll be damned if you don't find someone snacking or drinking water during a short halt - even in country.

Well you have to realize conveying a message in plain text gets hard at times, and honestly i have had difficulties keeping up with what your trying to say between the lines, i have been trying to drive for a more logical wants and needs based system. And hell yes i will defend the topic, who wouldnt defend their own topic, you would have to be a spineless earthworm who likes to get stomped on not to.

Defending a suggestion - Sure. Attempting to slam anyone that disagrees - Retarded. I had to make I think 4 visits here to bicker with you why your eating and drinking input was a joke. At first I didn't even care about this topic but I had to join in after seeing the first page of ranting because I enjoy a good rant. I'm happy I could help clear things up within your topic about why the food / water ratio is pretty nice how it is.

I still think it would serve a better purpose if it was more to do with how much shit you got in your packs, would also propably encourage bambies to stay longer in the game, instead of dimissing it is a BS scavenger hunt with small returns.

Edited by DiazWaffleCrabstro