Kophka

Petition to add the Mosin Nagant to Day Z

Just a simple petition to add the Mosin Nagant 91/30 and it's variants to Day Z.

Ammunition : 5 rd clips of 7.62x54r. link to ballistics info : http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmo.htm

Guns : MN 91/30. A long arm, sometimes with a scope (4x PEM, or 3.5x PU)

MN M44 : A carbine variant with a folding bayonet.

MN M38 : A carbine variant with no bayonet issued.

MN Obrez : A 91/30 with no stock and the barrel sawn off. Looks like a sawn off shotgun with a mosin action magazine well.

Reasoning : Mosin Nagants are one of the most produced of any manual action rifles. The ammo is extremely plentiful, and 7.62x54r is still in production today. As an eastern bloc weapon, Chernarusians most likely have large stock piles of both guns and ammunition.

If you'd like to sign the petition, just post here and uprate the thread stars. Thanks for your support! :)

• Like 24

I'd like to see it too IF the back story keeps the mod placed in a post-soviet country! There is supposedly a back story that hasn't been released yet. If it puts the mod in south america or something then all bets are off.

As a longtime Mosin owner (Hungarian M44 was my first rifle at age 12), signing this!

I'd like to see it too IF the back story keeps the mod placed in a post-soviet country! There is supposedly a back story that hasn't been released yet. If it puts the mod in south america or something then all bets are off.

Hehe, you gotta good point about the location, but it might not make much of a difference. If the mod is set anywhere that people can be expected to have a surplus of personal firearms (so that survivors have something to loot), Mosin Nagants are STILL the most plentiful manual action rifle ever built. Of course, if they set the game in Canada or Europe, or somewhere else where the average citizen isn't going to have a firearm, then I will stand flabbergasted as to what guns belong in the game.

We need to wait until there's a specific "scene". For now, there's already a bolt action rifle. No need to add another.

Realistically it would be basically the same thing as the Lee-Enfield in terms of performance. The only really drastic difference would be the 5rd mag capacity (as opposed to 10rds in the SMLE).

In Arma gameplay terms, the .303 is basically the same as the 7.62x54r.

Agree, M38 is so sexeh ! Well only if you dont change theater :/

Yes i would like to see the mosin ingame aswell, but come on. Instead of making a petition for it, make the model, code and animation. I am sure that devs would like more content in if its good quality.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/16/Mosin_Nagant_series_of_rifles.jpg/300px-Mosin_Nagant_series_of_rifles.jpg

Don't get me wrong, but the Mosin Nagant seems too similar to the 1822 or Lee Enfield. If one or the other of these two weapons weren't in game, then maybe I'd consider adding the Mosin; however, if it has a substantially different feel than either of the two current weapons, then I'd be for it.