Sign in to follow this  
Faggala

Fix FirstPerson FOV/Guns [SA]

One of my biggest problems with DayZ is the First Person View, and it's probably why so many people play mostly in 3rd person.

First of all the field of view in arma is weird, I'm not sure how you would define it but it's like your guy's head is moved forward right beside and above the gun.

Probably the most complained about reason is the bobbing while running around which is quite annoying, And the majority of guns look really bad like they're just tubes besides a couple guns that look decent.

If the Devs were to make the first person more realistic where you can see your arms while making the guns look good I think it would make the game a lot more appealing along with making the heading bobbing less ridiculous while running, with an exception of sprinting.

Another quick thing with the guns they need more scary/powerful sounding shots right now they sound like airsoft guns.

• Like 2

You can manually change the FOV. There's a how-to guide HERE

I used to hate 1st person, for the weird view angle. The gun just looks way too close to your face, and you can only just see your hands.

I don't know about you, but in real life, I can see my arms.

A horizontal FOV of 80-90 and a little bit of aiming-deadzone (25-50%) and the whole experience is a LOT better.

Double tap - on the numb pad, you can see a lot more afterward.

And yes, the head bobbing can be disabled in the settings, although I like to keep it slightly raised to retain SOME realism.