Sign in to follow this  
mrsherenai

A few suggestions

First of all. I dont know the limitations of the ArmA Engine and I dont know what is possible or not. So I just suggest some things that came into my mind. They are more like a push and no complete concepts.

1) Molotov Cocktails(Already Suggested): We have empty Bottles, Bandages and Gas. Why not use all of these to create this funny and first of all effective weapon.

2) Meelee: I know that the ArmA engine is not designed for any sort of meelee attacks. But I didnt think of knife fights. I would just like to see a style of killing people that fits Bandits and is silent! So my suggestion is a option to cut someones throat. Like you stalk em and sneak to his back until you are in meelee range and if you carry a hunting knife you are given the "Cut throat" Option. I would like this with a chance of not dieing instant if your throat is slit, just a small chance that you can turn back and try to defend and bandage yourself.

3) Dogs: He is our best friend, our good old Dog. I wonder where all the Dogs in Chernarus went to. They didnt morph into zombies nor can you find em anywhere in the landscape. My suggestion is: Add Dogs, they should be rare and by rare I mean you need even more luck to find a Dog then some NVG. Once you found a Dog you can lure him with raw meet and try to get his trust. Once managed to tame the biest he offers you some cool advantage:

a) Dogs are born hunters. They are abled to find any wild animals in a defined radius and kill them once found.

b) Did you ever experience the situation where you shot someone and you know that he must be bleeding like a fresh slaughtered pig but he managed to escape? Your dog smells fresh blood even better then the zombies do(Not that hard in fact they dont do it at all). So if you shot someone and he is close enough your Dog will be abled to search the guy for you. The ability to be smelled should expire a few moments after you bandaged yourself.

c) Ofc your Dog will fight to save your life. He will assist you on killing Zs or players

d) Be aware of the fact that Dogs are playfull. They could randomly bark if they see something they are interested in, like animals for example.

e) If you die and your dog is alive he will be "free" and tamable for other players.

4) Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: I could imagine this as an addition to the humanity system or an alternative. Zombie apocalypse is pure stress. So I thought that adding PSD could bring some new aspects to the fight. I have two ideas so far.

a) The fight in general will make your mind weak. Killing Zombies, getting hurt and PVP situations add counts to your "PSD" scale. Once the scale reached a certain level you begin to show disabilities like shaking, blured vision, slower walking and random hart attacks/blackout. To stop all these symptom you need to find antidepressants. Those wille lower your PSD level and stop the symtom. But be aware. This medicine has a high risk of making you addicted. Once you are addicted to the stuff you will show other symptoms like hallucination and getting thirsty faster. These can be stopped by taking more antidepressants leading in a vicious circle.

Your addiction will sink over time if you are not involved in battle situations and keep your health up. The risk of getting addicted rises the higher your PSD count is.

b) The system is similar to point a) but you gain a hugh amount PSD points by doing cruel things and not fighting in general. In this case, killing other players. This will have the advantage that you dont try to shoot other players in first case because the risk of become sick and addicted will be high. Players would propably think about a peacfull solution to problems now cuz killing people could lead them into some trouble finding the drug. Of course this system still allows PvP, I realy enjoy that aspect and dont want it to be removed ever. It will just be harder to stay on the "hunting line" cuz you have to think about getting your drugs.

These are my thoughts so far, there may be more to come. I hope its understandable, im not a nativ english speaker and have some trouble forming nice text :D.

Greetz,

MrS

1 - Good idea, I would extend this point into request for crafting in general.

2 - If a player is on his own, you don't really need to be silent, if he's with other people he's using TS anyway, so there's no point. Melee would be good against zombies, as a last resort. Think about it - you fight off a horde but you're empty and there's only one Z left. What do you do? Die? Run? No, you take your knife, or a rock and you fight with all you've got.

3 - I don't know if it's even possible in ArmA but idea is quite neat. Although I can't shake off the feeling that something's off in thi suggestion. I can't put my finger on it, maybe I'll get it later, and add my opinion.

4 - a) The idea of PSD is good, I think, it's they way of fighting with it seems wrong. First - where would you find antidepressants in zombie-infestated Chernarus? And how popular would it be? You fight all the time in this game. You're constantly stressed, you would be taking those pills by kilograms. I would use alcohol instead. It does pretty much the same, but makes more sense and fits the lore. And it could have more effects than simply curing PSD.

b) No, that makes no sense. You'd rather get PSD after being shot at, that's way more stressful, and this would be too cruel for non bandits, I think.

Good point on 4 a), i think alcohol would fit the role of an antidepressants better then a pill, never thought about that.

On 4b) I just had the idea that in normal cases a human being is not willing to kill another human and many people that are involved in accidents or other incidents that result in the death of a human suffer from this shock. Maybe PSD was the wrong word. But after opening my mind on this I think that a zombie apocalypse can be rated as a not normal case what makes this point pretty useless :D.

And just a little comment on the dog idea. I thought about what you do if you are hunting people or animals and I remembered the dog we had when I was a child :D. Its more or less meant as a hunting tool. I can imagine that you are not sure if this idea fits the mod as it grows, as I am not sure about it either.