The2ndLink

Improved surrender animation

This is something that would be awesome to see. I was thinking about ways to implement this better without leaving the robbed players completely helpless. Perhaps a player who is surrendering (kneeling down with hands on their head) opens up 2 new options for the robber, which involves smacking them around the head with your weapon.

The first is an option to knock them, leaving the victim dazed (think when you are really low on blood and the screen is hazy and wobbles) but doesn't do much damage. This could be useful if you find the victim has no useful equipment and you just want to quickly disappear around a corner, or if they don't give in to your demands and you want to persuade them to give up their equipment.

The second option, however, is a full-on smack round the head. This leaves the victim temporarily unconscious but gives the bandit more time to loot their body and escape, or leave them behind as a distraction for some zombies. The idea behind these options would be to give the bandit a non-lethal way to rob victims (without having to fire a shot and make loads of noise) but also leave the victim in a position to recover quickly and without setting them right back to basics.

If you lose your gear you are as good as a new spawn, therefore surrendering doesnt make sense as its better to atleast attempt to fight for it, actually fighting for your life is better because then the thief loses humanity as he is forced to kill you.

I'd rather be robbed than killed and spawn on the coast. Chances are you took some time to travel where you are. For example, I'm on my way to the NEA and I get robbed. I can go the rest of the way and rearm. If I was killed, I have to start my journey over again

I disagree with Aksuduud as well, (Personally in the game I'd rather be robbed then killed) however I've got two points. First off it entirely makes since that (some) people would rather die then face the possibly they would be left for dead with no food, water, or weapons. I mean to say, even if you surrender there's no promises made that they wouldn't kill you anyway, or they do indeed have plenty of room to take everything that you own. Secondly in a more "real life" light, it is his game that he payed for to have his own version of fun and as long as he's not cheating there's no reason why we should put him down simply because we disagree with someone's idea of fun.

On the other hand, his idea of fun is stupid compared to ours. ;)

cool idea but lone survivors should be able to break away from rope/handcuffs to stop bandits from handcuffing them and running off.

Perhaps instead of rope or handcuffs we could just use duct-tape, that'd be more realistic to break free from, and it'd make restraining someone a more viable option for the n00blit bandits.