Sign in to follow this  
shadowandlight

Banning players who disco in fights? How about name and shame too?

Are server admins allowed to ban people who disco in firefights? We seem to have a rash of this problem pretty often in the server i play on...

if banning is not an option, perhaps screenshots during fraps, then posting it up would help? Probably not.....

Disco during firefights? Now I know why we have all these chemlight colors!

I misinterpreted the meaning horribly. Lol ANYWAY, I believe that server admins CAN ban them, but only from that server. So, I think some way to identify those people could be nice.

dumb idea since they'll be putting in that your body still stays in the game for enough time to kill someone who does this. PLus some people just get DCed because the game crashes.

dumb idea since they'll be putting in that your body still stays in the game for enough time to kill someone who does this. PLus some people just get DCed because the game crashes.

Yeah, that would cause an issue. I have, on more than one occasion, had the game crash on me in the middle of playing.

Yeah' date=' that would cause an issue. I have, on more than one occasion, had the game crash on me in the middle of playing.

[/quote']

middle of playing or right after someone shoots at you?

Yeah' date=' that would cause an issue. I have, on more than one occasion, had the game crash on me in the middle of playing.

[/quote']

Middle of playing mostly. I think there was one incident when my computer crashed when I was near a bandit; however, I'm not sure if he even saw me or not.

[/quote']

Middle of playing mostly. I think there was one incident when my computer crashed when I was near a bandit; however, I'm not sure if he even saw me or not.

yea... im not saying that if someone disco's once during a fight they should get banned... but 2,3 times? I think a local ban is a good idea assuming its a not against Rocket's rules...

[/quote']

yea... im not saying that if someone disco's once during a fight they should get banned... but 2,3 times? I think a local ban is a good idea assuming its a not against Rocket's rules...

As far as I know, Rocket hasn't made any statement saying that they couldn't locally ban. Nor do I think that he has the authority to do so.

Its called Chickenrunning, and no, they cant ban you for it.

In a real life situation, you were getting shot at, would you stand there and let the get a fair shot at you? Or make it harder and move around? This is DayZ, a Zombie Apoc Simulator. Not a CSS or SAMP server.

Please report the name of the server, and the admin who banned you to the DayZ Staff, it will be handled accordingly.

Its called Chickenrunning' date=' and no, they cant ban you for it.

In a real life situation, you were getting shot at, would you stand there and let the get a fair shot at you? Or make it harder and move around? This is DayZ, a Zombie Apoc Simulator. Not a CSS or SAMP server.

Please report the name of the server, and the admin who banned you to the DayZ Staff, it will be handled accordingly.

[/quote']

No one here got banned (as far as I know) so I don't know what you're talking about. However, I do believe that admins of servers are allowed to ban who they want on their server. The Day Z staff doesn't have much control on who gets banned and, as far as I know, Rocket has made no official statement regarding whether or not they can actually help someone with that (which I don't believe they would be able to anyway). If someone is banned, they should contact that server admin and figure out what to do. Just like if BattleEye bans someone for hacking and that person wasn't actually hacking, they cannot talk to the server admin or the Day Z staff about that. They have to contact other people.

Last time I DC'd in a fight I was already logging out when a guy shot at me while i was in camp with some friends. So i don't count that one as my hand was on disconnect and i didn't know he was gonna shoot at me. So imo that shouldn't count.

[/quote']

In case you didn't know this, chicken running means you actually get up and run and make yourself hard to hit. Alt F4ing however is considered an exploit, and that is in rockets own words. However I will say that until Rocket has said otherwise, if you are caught Alt F4ing on our server you will be temp banned for a day or so.

[/quote']

It's the next abuse of the game mechanics, just like DCing under fire. I mean let's face it, no momentum means players can juke around. It's not dodging like a real person would do, it's magically bouncing back and forth.

It is, sadly, a relic from games. Games still have players move and them build the animation on top to make it LOOK like you're walking. In truth, you could be playing DayZ with a segway and there would be no difference, just a lack of animation. We have yet to create a game where the legs move the player, not the other way around...that just takes a LOT of processing power though.

There's not much to do about it I'm afraid. :-/

Banning is a bad idea. The correct solution is to put a 20-30 second delay on players logging out.

I say banning is a bad solution because my internet connection is fucking terrible, I DC all the time whenever my internet hiccups, which happens at least a few times an hour. I had to give up even playing tonight because I can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes at a time. Long story short, banning for DC would punish the hell out of people like me.

I'm fine with my body being killed if I DC in a fight, i know the risk of playing with my connection.

I'm not fine with being banned from a server because I live in the boondocks with no ISP options.