t.monte87@gmail.com

Xbox 360 Xmapper Presets Created for Day-Z

I seen someone else's thread about using the xbox 360 controller for this. Upon reading that thread I noticed 90% of it was people flaming him so I am expecting that here. This is for the small percentage of people interested.

I have created an X-Mapper profile based around DayZ. I will try my best to help other's use the presets but, I do not plan on making a full tutorial on how to use it.

You will also have to change some options in the actual ARMA 2 configuration to have full compatibility.

DOWNLOAD LINK

=======

Overview

=======

Set 1 (Default/Starting set)

Left Trigger = Right Click Mouse (Set 2 While Held)

Right Trigger = Left Click Mouse

LB Button = Q

LB Button = E

Left Stick Movement = W,A,S,D

Left Stick Click = Shift Key

Right Stick Movement = Mouse Control

Right Stick Click = Alt

D Pad Up = V

D Pad Down = O

D Pad Left = K

D Pad Right = B

Back Button = Numpad 5 (This is my hotkey in FRAPS to take screenshots)

Start Button = G (When pressed goes to Set 3)

Y Button = ;

B Button = R

X Button = Scroll Wheel Down

X Button While Held = Scroll Wheel Up

A Button = X

A Button While Held = Z

Set 2 ("Dead Eye" Settings)

Everything is the same as set one, except in this set the mouse sensitivity has been tweaked so that it is slowed down for aiming.

Set 3 (Gear/Inventory Set)

This set is tweaked to help you navigate the inventory. This is by far the hardest part to use with a controller. One for the lack of development of the gear section on Bohemia's part and two remember this is a computer game.

So everything is the same as Set 1 EXCEPT:

Mouse Sensitivity = VERY HIGH

D Pad Up = Arrow Up

D Pad Down = Arrow Down

D Pad Left = Arrow Left

D Pad Right = Arrow Right

Start Button = G (When pressed takes you back to Set 1 & closes gear)

Back Button = Esc Key

** FAIL SAFE

I added a fail safe to this Set that will always take you back to Set 1. As I have been playing I realized that sometimes I just click close with the Mouse or I have used the Esc key. When this happens you are still in Set 3 which is not optimized for playing at all. When you notice your Mouse sensitivity is EXTREMELY high just click the RIGHT STICK IN and it will always take you back to Set 1.

Right Stick Button = Set 1 (Fail Safe)

Now there's all the bindings. Here are the options that must be changed in ARMA's controller settings to be fully compatible with my configurations.

Here is the values from my profile config file you can just edit yours and paste these in if you want. I guess this is for advanced users.

Copy and paste this between:

class ControllerSchemes

and

revMouse=0;

CONFIG VALUES

--------

Option ----> Controls ---->

First click the Controller button at the bottom and Disable the Xbox 360 Controller. This is so that we do not use the in-game controls for the controller.

Next change these settings. I will list the Action on the left and the new binding on the right. If I write [REMOVE] then delete whatever binding was set there.

Stand Up ==== Double Tap X (Should show 2xX when set.

Walk or Run Toggle ==== Left Shift

Walk or Run Temporary ==== [REMOVE]

Compass ==== [REMOVE]

Compass Toggle ==== K

Watch ==== [REMOVE]

Watch Toggle ==== O

Freelook = Left Alt

Center Look ==== [REMOVE]

This should be all of them, I did not document them as I changed them so if you find an issue post here about it and we will work it thru.

Also if you notice after you have changed an option there is RED TEXT you must scroll down the list and find the action it is interfering with and delete it. I'm sure I missed a few of those too.

So Overall here is the actions binded to the buttons

Left Trigger Tap = Iron Sights

Left Trigger Hold = Zoom In

Right Trigger = Fire Weapon/Select Context

Left Stick = Forward, Back, Left, Right

Left Stick Button = Toggle Walk/Run

D Pad Up = Jump

D Pad Down = Toggle Watch

D Pad Left = Toggle Compass

D Pad Right = Binoculars

Back = Screenshot Hotkey in FRAPS/Steam (Config your settings for this)

Start = Pulls Up Gear/Inventory

Right Stick = Mouse movement

Right Stick In = Free look

Y = Change between Primary/Secondary weapon

Tap X = Show Context Menu/Navigate Down in Context Menu

Hold X = Show Context Menu/Navigate Up in Context Menu

B = Reload

Tap A = Crouch

Double Tap A = Stand Up

Hold A = Lay Down

LB = Lean left/Roll left

RB = Lean right/Roll right

**When you press Start to pull up inventory it switches to Set 3, to navigate the inventory first move arrow to inventory items and click one. You can now use the DPAD Up,Down,Left,Right to navigate/move items. NOTE if you use dpad to move item left/right you will have to then move the "selector" back to the middle "item" and then you can move up down left and right again.

Example=2 Cans of beans on dead body you want to move to your pack, you would click on any inventory item in the list with the arrow, then you would use DPad to move down to the can of beans. You would then HIT the Right DPad to move the ONE can of beans to your inventory. You then have to hit the LEFT DPad to move back to the "middle" you will not see anything change but you will be in "middle". Then you can hit RIGHT Dpad again and it will move the second can of beans.

Maybe if Rocket reads this, this can be changed??? Seems like a bug.

I have just been using the Right stick as if it was the mouse. It took a while to get used to but, its decent. Good to get in and out of inventory but for managing your inventory just go back to your mouse and keyboard.

Hope this is enough information for you all. Enjoy!

I want some feedback/suggestions so we can make this work "perfectly" with Day-Z!

• Like 8

Why would you want to use a Xbox 360 controller for this? Precision is kind of necessary and controllers definitely aren't anywhere near as precise as a mouse.

• Like 4

Why would you want to use a Xbox 360 controller for this? Precision is kind of necessary and controllers definitely aren't anywhere near as precise as a mouse.

Why bother questioning it? Some games work better with mouse and keyboard, some don't. He's obviously one person who wants to use a controller for whatever reason.

I use KB+M but I know if I was laying down in bed and wanted to play a controller would be handy! If you don't find this useful then don't use it, but don't be a jackass about it either.

• Like 8

I thought explaining that I seen the flaming in other posts was going to stop the flaming here. lol Such a bad time to make a post about this with 1.7.1 coming out at the same time. Thanks Rocket!

' pid='121096' dateline='1339904276']

Why bother questioning it? Some games work better with mouse and keyboard' date=' some don't. He's obviously one person who wants to use a controller for whatever reason.

I use KB+M but I know if I was laying down in bed and wanted to play a controller would be handy! If you don't find this useful then don't use it, but don't be a jackass about it either.

[/quote']

I wasn't being a jackass I was asking a question. I wanted to know why that's all, quit being an over reactive baby.

• Like 2

Well if you wanted an answer it does require precision when AIM-ing. So I tweaked it so that when you zoom into iron sights the sensitivity of the joystick is toned down to give you a more precise shot. It does not compare to a mouse but, its do-able just like the rest of my configurations.

For those that are coming from console that would like to set it up. Like one of the posters said they would like to play game laying down with a remote. Another has said he can't afford to get a mouse right now and he only has a trackpad for gaming. Theres a small community who is interested in this. Thats why I posted this. I've had it for weeks already. That and to get feedback/suggestions on how to improve/optimize it for gameplay.

A player that is extremely skilled using a joystick can be just as precise and good as a player using a mouse.

• Like 1

A player that is extremely skilled using a joystick can be just as precise and good as a player using a mouse.

Not really.

• Like 1

everyone stop being fucking stupid, some people prefer one thing over another, get that through your thick fucking skulls, some men like massive tits, others don't

kapiche?!

Not really.

Yes really, extra precision is their to help, with a good enough trained hand to eye co-ordination you can do the extra math sub-consciously, ala you can have the same precision as a mouse just requiring more effort or training to do so.

Monte, I would like to says thanks for the presets. Ive been trying to figure out how to use my 360 controller with DayZ for a little while now and you fixed my problem with one very useful thread. Im not very good with a keyboard so when I would get swarmed by zombies Id lose alot of blood trying to kill/get away from them. Now the controls are more fluent for me to handle them with minimal blood loss. As for contact with other players, I get alot more shots into them now than I did with the mouse and keyboard (even if I die I feel better getting even one more shot in them).

I have been coming and going on the DayZ forum as a guest for about a week or so and I would have to say I am disappointed in alot of the users here. Every time someone asks for help with something they get flamed, even though in the registration agreement it says not to post anything hateful. Cowman is a good example of that, he asks the question why use a controller, receives an answer and keeps trying to trash the thread with a remote vs keyboard debate. I original found the post that Monte was talking about with people flaming Lucascox (simply asking if its possible to use a 360 controller with DayZ), thats what led me here...

But this being my first post on here, Im sure I dont have an opinion. that being said I dont see why people have to try and discourage other people from even trying this option. It helped me and I know atleast 5 others that will be very happy that I came across this thread.

Thanks Monte,

• Like 2

Playing an FPS with a fucking CONTROLLER?

You can't be serious, right? right?

Guys, its not really an FPS, you dont run around shooting things left right and center all day long like its call of duty.

You spend 95% of your game time running, looting, and more running or crawling. You don't need precision to run, you being that 100% ACCURATE RUNNING SKILLS doesn't make you awesome.

If you dont want to use controller, why post in here...

I like controller, its more relaxed, can lay back in bed and use it and go around looting some small villages. When I want to take on a big city and shoot some bandits I will get my KB+M, its a preferred play style.

I also use XPadder to set mine up, i find it very easy.

• Like 1

not sure if you are aware xbox matched console gamers against Pc gamers once and pc gamers won hands down due to the simple fact it comes down to actions a second and you get more actions a second with the versatility of a keyboard and mouse in comparison to just a controller and this is why xbox did not continue and make a console that was cross platform compatible

/knowledge its golden

http://technologizer.com/2010/07/22/microsoft-mightve-killed-xbox-360-vs-pc-gaming/

Lol nope.

Unless you mean that an extremely good joystick/pad guy can just about compete against a small child holding a mouse for the very first time, then yeah, I see your point!

Nope.avi

Thumbsticks/joysticks accel at anything that involves movement.

When it comes to aiming' date=' a thumbstick/joystick simply cannot match the precision of a mouse.

I'd love to see a player with a controller consistently pull off these shots against top-tier kb/m players.