privatewolf

The issue regarding this mod, the people who bought the game for DayZ

I've seen numerous posts regarding people who has "finished" everything they ever wanted to do in DayZ and being so confident about it, they said that this mod is boring now since you just jog, kill, eat, drink. The point is people who haven't played ArmA 2 before obviously haven't experienced combat situations (not players vs. zombies) wherein you have to wait so long that the people who bought DayZ would just be moaning in the mic to do something while we wait to strike after creating a strategy.

It's just absurd for the fact that ArmA 2, a fantastic open-world game is being suggested by some people to have OBJECTIVES, TRADERS, NPCs which is really stupid, I don't even need to explain myself why. It's just that some people can't understand the principle of a open-world game such as ArmA 2, It's not about finishing objectives, collecting achievements, leveling up, and so on and so forth. It's about making your own path, making your own story, your own decisions affect your progress in the future. It's all about paving your adventure.

TL;DR

1. People who bought DayZ probably expects Call Of Duty zombies-style if not, BF3 sized maps

2. They realize ArmA 2 is a slow-paced simulator

3. They get bored, grief for the fun of it

4. Whine on the forums, suggests stupid entities(Traders, Quests, Achievements)

5. Leave

I sat in an ArmA II game one time for an hour (more or less) waiting for my team to get ready to take the objective. I love moments like that. :D

I bought Arma 2 for DayZ but I have started to play the single player story and I like the game and looking at getting Arma3 just because its a fun game.

Did the same thing, except it took 30 minutes before we even stepped off the base. FNG's can't even get a proper loadout. this is on ACE btw

I bought Arma 2 for DayZ but I have started to play the single player story and I like the game and looking at getting Arma3 just because its a fun game.

Then you're one of the good ones. There have been a major influx of people who bought the game for Day Z that want every aspect of it changed.

Good to see that someone actually likes ArmA 2 because of it's utter realism.. *brofist*

Did the same thing' date=' except it took 30 minutes before we even stepped off the base. FNG's can't even get a proper loadout. this is on ACE btw

[/quote']

Yeah lol I had parachuted near the objective and ended up having to just sit there waiting for the new guys to get everything together. I was so happy when I finally heard one of our helicopters. Lol

I bought the game for DayZ, but i've fallen in love with Arma since. Has to be the best game purchase i've ever made.

I bought the game for DayZ' date=' but i've fallen in love with Arma since. Has to be the best game purchase i've ever made.

[/quote']

We've got another good one here. This topic will make it easier to see who the good ones are, and who the ones who want EVERYTHING changed are. Lol

Welcome to a decent game made by a great company, SLASH-7

I disagree. I don't think people playing it "wrong" is the problem in regards to this. I think it's that ArmaII appealed to people who want to sit around all day doing nothing, not that that's the optimal way to play. It's these people now who have dictated how ArmaII, and thus DayZ, should be played.

I like DayZ, and I like a lot of aspects of ArmaII that I think compliment DayZ very well - but I don't think ArmaII is a well made game, or that sitting around for an hour waiting for people to make decisions is what it's all about - nor would I be playing ArmaII if it wasn't for zombies. That said I realise Arma is not about instant gratification, and that's painfully obvious when I am in any sort of situation that requires me to make quick-thinking decisions and the game reacts too slowly.

People should have watched youtube first, its their own damn fault if they dont like the game.

Its not ganna change, in-fact, its going to get harder. Rocket will squeeze every last tear from the carebears until they dry up and go back to Call of Duty.

Im one of the people that bought ArmAII for DayZ, The only words i ad to hear that made the game instantly appealing was "Zombie, Survival, Hardcore."

The only other thing ive played on ArmAII is Warefare, and boy do those guys hate DayZ Fanboys.

All i have to say is, if you dont like the game and start making unreasonable and completely stupid suggestions, you deserve a flick on the nose, and a ban from the forums. Nobody wants to hear you whine (Except Rocket), and nobody is forcing you to play DayZ.

' pid='121001' dateline='1339902887']

I disagree. I don't think people playing it "wrong" is the problem in regards to this. I think it's that ArmaII appealed to people who want to sit around all day doing nothing' date=' not that that's the optimal way to play. It's these people now who have dictated how ArmaII, and thus DayZ, should be played.

I like DayZ, and I like a lot of aspects of ArmaII that I think compliment DayZ very well - but I don't think ArmaII is a well made game, or that sitting around for an hour waiting for people to make decisions is what it's all about - nor would I be playing ArmaII if it wasn't for zombies. That said I realise Arma is not about instant gratification, and that's painfully obvious when I am in any sort of situation that requires me to make quick-thinking decisions and the game reacts too slowly.

[/quote']

The people who play ArmA II aren't the ones dictating how Day Z should be played. It's the new guys who just came from CoD or BF or Dead Island that keep requesting things that make no sense, or keep posting about how they died because they were careless. It's a learning experience, I'll admit, I was bored with ArmA II when I first started. I wanted to get in and do stuff immediately, but after playing a while, I learned it's about waiting. But it's ridiculous to see all these requests, not that requests are a bad thing, it's just specific ones that bother me.

The only other thing ive played on ArmAII is Warefare' date=' and boy do those guys hate DayZ Fanboys.

[/quote']

Yeah, I noticed that too when I was playing ArmA II earlier. We had some guys who had just come from Day Z, and some of the veterans were a little less than nice. Lol Doesn't bother me though, because they were complaining the whole time.

Its not ganna change' date=' in-fact, its going to get harder. Rocket will squeeze every last tear from the carebears until they dry up and go back to Call of Duty.

[/quote']

This kind of shit invalidates everything you say. If you can't make a convincing argument without spewing the same unoriginal shit then don't say anything. ftr I hate CoD and don't own any of the games, but I think a lot of the elitist comments about how DayZ and Arma is IDEALLY played, how it's MEANT to be played (fueled by the tears of herpers and derpers and all that nonsense) is detrimental to this whole thing. DayZ could be really good if people got over trying to make their dicks look huge because they want tom show everyone how pro they are at being a digital soldier.

The people who play ArmA II aren't the ones dictating how Day Z should be played. It's the new guys who just came from CoD or BF or Dead Island that keep requesting things that make no sense' date=' or keep posting about how they died because they were careless. It's a learning experience, I'll admit, I was bored with ArmA II when I first started. I wanted to get in and do stuff immediately, but after playing a while, I learned it's about waiting. But it's ridiculous to see all these requests, not that requests are a bad thing, it's just specific ones that bother me.

[/quote']

I meant in the sense that people think Arma should be played/is best played a certain way according to them. As a few other guys said, to them Arma is sitting around for up to an hour without doing anything. I disagree compeltely with that. That doesn't mean I like CoD or easy games, or that I want instant gratification. It just means that I don't think DayZ is about sitting around for an hour doing jack all waiting for a blizzard (suggestion from another thread) to pass. I think that the elitsist Arma fanboys play it this way, and thus they think it SHOULD be played this way and that if it's NOt played this way then it's catering to "CoD babies/carebears" which is not true at all.

So to re-iterate my first point I don't think Arma needs to be played any particular way and I certainly don't think being a hardcore roleplaying digital soldier is in any shape or form going to help DayZ be fun or any more rewarding.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to be given an objective or some sort of direction, there is only so much to do currently before resorting to only killing players basically is the only thing left as zombies pose no danger in this. Pretty much what the OP suggested would also just encourage teamwork.

' pid='121065' dateline='1339903934']

Its not ganna change' date=' in-fact, its going to get harder. Rocket will squeeze every last tear from the carebears until they dry up and go back to Call of Duty.

[/quote']

This kind of shit invalidates everything you say. If you can't make a convincing argument without spewing the same unoriginal shit then don't say anything. ftr I hate CoD and don't own any of the games, but I think a lot of the elitist comments about how DayZ and Arma is IDEALLY played, how it's MEANT to be played (fueled by the tears of herpers and derpers and all that nonsense) is detrimental to this whole thing. DayZ could be really good if people got over trying to make their dicks look huge because they want tom show everyone how pro they are at being a digital soldier.

The people who play ArmA II aren't the ones dictating how Day Z should be played. It's the new guys who just came from CoD or BF or Dead Island that keep requesting things that make no sense' date=' or keep posting about how they died because they were careless. It's a learning experience, I'll admit, I was bored with ArmA II when I first started. I wanted to get in and do stuff immediately, but after playing a while, I learned it's about waiting. But it's ridiculous to see all these requests, not that requests are a bad thing, it's just specific ones that bother me.

[/quote']

I meant in the sense that people think Arma should be played/is best played a certain way according to them. As a few other guys said, to them Arma is sitting around for up to an hour without doing anything. I disagree compeltely with that. That doesn't mean I like CoD or easy games, or that I want instant gratification. It just means that I don't think DayZ is about sitting around for an hour doing jack all waiting for a blizzard (suggestion from another thread) to pass. I think that the elitsist Arma fanboys play it this way, and thus they think it SHOULD be played this way and that if it's NOt played this way then it's catering to "CoD babies/carebears" which is not true at all.

So to re-iterate my first point I don't think Arma needs to be played any particular way and I certainly don't think being a hardcore roleplaying digital soldier is in any shape or form going to help DayZ be fun or any more rewarding.

Actually, I was one of those guys who sits around in ArmA II waiting to start the objective. I'm certainly NOT saying that this is how DayZ should be played, I just don't like seeing the new guys come in and make suggestions that make no sense. I'm not saying that some of them aren't good ideas, I'm talking mainly about stuff that the OP stated, like traders and stuff.

Nothing wrong with people wanting to be given an objective or some sort of direction' date=' there is only so much to do currently before resorting to only killing players basically is the only thing left as zombies pose no danger in this. Pretty much what the OP suggested would also just encourage teamwork.

[/quote']I don't think "quest" objectives or traders are a good thing either, but I do think this game needs more to "do".

' pid='121106' dateline='1339904356']

Nothing wrong with people wanting to be given an objective or some sort of direction' date=' there is only so much to do currently before resorting to only killing players basically is the only thing left as zombies pose no danger in this. Pretty much what the OP suggested would also just encourage teamwork.

[/quote']I don't think "quest" objectives or traders are a good thing either, but I do think this game needs more to "do".

I agree with that. I would love more to do. I would love to see more requests for more things to do. However, traders have nothing to do with that. Many of the other suggestions don't add anything except ease of access to certain things either. I LOVE seeing requests for things to do, I hate seeing requests for ease-of-access tools.

Actually' date=' I was one of those guys who sits around in ArmA II waiting to start the objective. I'm certainly NOT saying that this is how DayZ should be played, I just don't like seeing the new guys come in and make suggestions that make no sense. I'm not saying that some of them aren't good ideas, I'm talking mainly about stuff that the OP stated, like traders and stuff.

[/quote']And that's fine in "Arma" - but this is DayZ, which is perhaps more pertinent to my point. If we had more ... and I HATE to say this, Sims-style life style management... and I'm not sure what this is, perhaps cooking our canned foods, or... god I don't know, something to "sit around" for then I would be 100% for it. But at the moment I don't think that playing DayZ like it's still Arma helps at all and I don't appreciate those who insist DayZ IS Arma, or those who lament DayZ because it isn't Arma. (Did that make sense?)

And I certainly don't like being called a CoD-fanboy because I think Arma is a pretty terrible game. As I've said multiple times, DayZ just wouldn't work if it didn't have Arma as a base, even though I think a lot of its negatives stem from Arma!

[/quote']

[/quote']

Don't you see man? It's like real life, you sit around doing nothing and wait for something to happen. It's the anticipation, the preparation for that 5 minute fight with someone who has no clue what they're doing so they just empty their clip into your general direction while you sit there calm, cool and collected patiently waiting for their head to line up in your scopes and then the sweet release of clicking a mouse button and causing them to die. That's what this is all about, none of that "instant gratification" stuff, where you can just turn the corner and get into the action and fun. That stuff is for CoD fanboys because CoD is the worst game ever made and no other game on earth has any similar play style, you know where you can get into a firefight pretty quickly? CoD invented that.

People have different opinions about what they think is fun and suggesting features to add in is harmless and a good way to discuss different playstyles. You don't have to be an elitist douche like a lot of people in this thread seem to be. As long as you're having fun and enjoying the game, who the hell cares how you play it? Dismissal of these suggestions and differing opinions will just cause the playerbase to lose interest and the game itself to stagnate, causing it to become like Counterstrike or DotA type games where you pretty much can't play if you're new to it without being harassed, insulted or in general having your game ruined. Let the suggestions come in and discuss the merits and feasibility of them. Who knows? Maybe one of them will actually be a good idea?

I bought Arma II for DayZ as well, but only after extensively researching it via youtube videos. I did try single player at one point; it was either hella hard or my squad mates couldn't keep up and had terrible AI. I think there should be...not "quests", but some kind of random special objectives; helicopter crashes are a step in the right direction.

[/quote']

[/quote']

Don't you see man? It's like real life, you sit around doing nothing and wait for something to happen. It's the anticipation, the preparation for that 5 minute fight with someone who has no clue what they're doing so they just empty their clip into your general direction while you sit there calm, cool and collected patiently waiting for their head to line up in your scopes and then the sweet release of clicking a mouse button and causing them to die. That's what this is all about, none of that "instant gratification" stuff, where you can just turn the corner and get into the action and fun. That stuff is for CoD fanboys because CoD is the worst game ever made and no other game on earth has any similar play style, you know where you can get into a firefight pretty quickly? CoD invented that.

People have different opinions about what they think is fun and suggesting features to add in is harmless and a good way to discuss different playstyles. You don't have to be an elitist douche like a lot of people in this thread seem to be. As long as you're having fun and enjoying the game, who the hell cares how you play it? Dismissal of these suggestions and differing opinions will just cause the playerbase to lose interest and the game itself to stagnate, causing it to become like Counterstrike or DotA type games where you pretty much can't play if you're new to it without being harassed, insulted or in general having your game ruined. Let the suggestions come in and discuss the merits and feasibility of them. Who knows? Maybe one of them will actually be a good idea?

Ah, Quake, Goldeneye and Unreal Tournament all spring to mind that did that stuff before CoD.

I am for suggestions! I just think the "carebear" comments are the ones stagnating it and not letting it move away from Arma the way it needs to.

I look at things like the way you open/close doors or climb a ladder - these actions are painstaking slow and I think that's because Arma was meant to be played in a slower manner where you don't have 20 zombies chasing you. When you're in a DayZ situation like that you can't affored to have clunky menu systems hampering you. Likewise, you can't afford to have DayZ which is an open-world survival game play like a military-sim.

[/quote']

[/quote']

I've seen plenty of great ideas, and I never said you had to like ArmA or that someone was a CoD-fanboy because they didn't like it. However, I have seen more ideas that just don't seem to make sense for the game. That's what I'm against, I'm all for new ideas, so long as it adds to the game without taking anything away. Traders would take away the hunting for equipment, and eventually everyone would be running around with the best gear. However, something like objectives could add to the game, and not take anything away at all or something like what [AoXo] suggested about new game mechanics to fit the speed of the game. It's not a fast zombie survival game like Left 4 Dead, but it is at a faster pace than ArmA, so the game mechanics can be a little screwy at times.

' pid='121185' dateline='1339905189']

[/quote']

[/quote']

Ah, Quake, Goldeneye and Unreal Tournament all spring to mind that did that stuff before CoD.

I am for suggestions! I just think the "carebear" comments are the ones stagnating it and not letting it move away from Arma the way it needs to.

I look at things like the way you open/close doors or climb a ladder - these actions are painstaking slow and I think that's because Arma was meant to be played in a slower manner where you don't have 20 zombies chasing you. When you're in a DayZ situation like that you can't affored to have clunky menu systems hampering you. Likewise, you can't afford to have DayZ which is an open-world survival game play like a military-sim.

I was being sarcastic and making fun of the "carebear" comments. I agree with you.

Edit: Also Rocket isn't infallible. Just take a look at the newest patch, it's a very transparent "fuck you" to new players.

It still needs more IMO. As it is, once you've equipped there's not much more to Loot for than Drinks. Even Ammo looting can be avoided if one plays a certain way. In short, the current End Game is to simply hunt other Players because that becomes the last challenge available, not due to surviving.