Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

Spawn invincibility/impotence

You know what sucks? Being shot before you can even move when you spawn.

You know what sucks more? Creeping along in a town and having someone spawn literally behind you, and kill you.

I propose spawn invulnerability and impotence. As in; when you spawn, from the moment you first move, IE, move your mouse, you have five seconds in which you cannot be killed. But you also cannot fire your weapon.

This would prevent a hella amount of unfair kills/deaths by giving you time to look around before you become bullet-bait, and giving you time to be noticed by someone you spawned behind. Especially in well-traveled area's like the Airfields.

You already despawn zombies when you spawn in.

And for people who say 'log off in a better hiding spot' that isn't always possible. The servers are unpredictable at best.

Probably world work better if for the 1.7.1 patch, people would be immune to player damage until they moved a minimum distance away from the closest spawn point, and/or picked up a gun. In my experience, what you've described wouldn't prevent very many deaths at all, and even defeats the purpose of the second sentence in your post.

Also, separate from your experience, most of my deaths are centered around barns near large cities.

Probably world work better if for the 1.7.1 patch' date=' people would be immune to player damage until they moved a minimum distance away from the closest spawn point, and/or picked up a gun. In my experience, what you've described wouldn't prevent very many deaths at all, and even defeats the purpose of the second sentence in your post.

Also, separate from your experience, most of my deaths are centered around barns near large cities.

[/quote']

I'm talking about when you log in to a server and first spawn.

I've been in the barracks in the north and forced to shoot people who spawned in front of me. I've been in the Cherno firehouse and shot people who I literally saw spawn, before they had a chance to move.

It's not meant to prevent a whole ton of PvP deaths, just the ones that are 'unfair'. IE, killed while logging in. Or killed by someone logging in directly behind you. Gives you a chance of noticing and reacting before you're just dead.

But I've also been killed in the same situation. If there was spawn invulnerability/impotence, it gives everyone warning time to either log the f off, or declare friendly and hope not to get shot.

Oh no. That's a terrible idea haha. You can do a lot in five seconds. Just don't log out in dumb places, tbh.

Not a bad idea I think. People are abusing server hopping to shoot people in the back.

To the poster above, if I am scavenging and someone spawns behind me into a place I've secured second ago and shoot me, is that a my fault?

Oh no. That's a terrible idea haha. You can do a lot in five seconds. Just don't log out in dumb places' date=' tbh.

[/quote']

As I SAID, that isn't always possible.

I live in Australia. I get kicked off servers for high ping ALL THE TIME.

Sometimes, in the middle of the bloody street!

So if I'm crawling through Cherno, and get kicked off a server, or a server goes down, or whatever, and I log into a new one. I should be fair game to anyone in the vicinity because I 'logged off in a dumb spot'?

And what can you do in five seconds? You can sprint maybe ten metres. You're invulnerable for that five seconds. But you're also impotent. You can't fire your weapon.

So what are you going to do? Oh wait, exactly the same thing you would do if you didn't have the invulnerability! Except NOW, there's five whole seconds for you to either recognize the threat and log out, or run to cover. Instead of just plain dying.