Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

WHY??? I ALWAYS SAVE!!!

What happened: My camp of 4 tents, and my bus, and everything inside them, disappeared, despite having been saved when i logged out less than 25 minutes earlier!

When it happened: 10:35 PM 6/16/12

What I was doing: I was logging on to go and fix a dirt-bike to pick up my friend in the morning!

Where I was: In front of my computer, ready to raise hell over the second time that I have been screwed over like this.

Current version: 1.7.0

Now I know the game is in Alpha, but still, this has happened TWICE! Why can I not keep nice things that I spend a lot of time fixing??? It took me 6 HOURS to fix that bus, and I have had that camp for weeks! Why did it all just disappear!?! All this after the first time, when I lost a brand new Offroader that I spent 4 hours fixing, and an hour to get back to my camp. Why in the heck should anyone waste the time for this kind of thing when we can't keep it?!? This is really stupid! I don't care how it happened, I don't care that the game is in Alpha, it is horrid that my clan has been screwed over twice. Can I get anything back?

Wow, stop complaining. I mean, I understand posting about a bug, but this isn't the "Bug and Complaints" subsection of the forum. The game is in Alpha. There are bugs. How about you go make a game that has absolutely no bugs is Alpha, then you can complain about Alpha issues. Who cares anyways? When the game officially releases, and probably when it hits beta, it'll be reset so anything you have now won't matter.

I'm sorry but:

The Mountain Dew i found off a bandit we killed, which was then stashed in my backpack, waiting for the right moment to drink it (like a victory Dew), only to be killed a day later and lose it (by some trigger happy survivor) was far more valuable than the 6 hours you spent fixing a bus! IMHO.

Only 521 characters have a mountaindew in their inventory, and 738 have one in their backpack. (http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11014&page=4 )

You're not alone in your grief over losing vehicles and tents, as I have lost maybe 30+ different vehicles myself, across a few servers. I've had a Ural packed with rare loot disappear on me and my group. Despite this, I(we) have learned to just stifle our anger and rebuild what we had lost. RIP 2 Mk48s, M107, 3 DMRs, 3 antibiotics etc.

After a time you will realize how easy it is to repair vehicles and even find them, if you take certain routes around the map and have friends assist you. You know all the hotspots for car parts, how to loot buildings and dump the garbage outside of it so that the items respawn faster.

It's not the end of the world, and starting fresh is actually enjoyable. Roll with the punches, the game will continue to improve over time.

PS. Be careful in those F'ing ATVs. They enjoy flipping onto their sides.

There was a vehicle database revamp yesterday which cleared all the vehicles - it was properly announced and a lot of groups got to clean their vehicles in time before the reset.

We've had disappearing tents bug us since day 1 but usually they come back after a server restart. Usually...

You're not alone in your grief over losing vehicles and tents' date=' as I have lost maybe 30+ different vehicles myself, across a few servers. I've had a Ural packed with rare loot disappear on me and my group. Despite this, I(we) have learned to just stifle our anger and rebuild what we had lost. RIP 2 Mk48s, M107, 3 DMRs, 3 antibiotics etc.

After a time you will realize how easy it is to repair vehicles and even find them, if you take certain routes around the map and have friends assist you. You know all the hotspots for car parts, how to loot buildings and dump the garbage outside of it so that the items respawn faster.

It's not the end of the world, and starting fresh is actually enjoyable. Roll with the punches, the game will continue to improve over time.

[/quote']

I get that suspicious feeling you took my Ural on US65 amirite?

Anyway to the OP - everyone lost their crap, get over it. http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12809

Wow' date=' stop complaining. I mean, I understand posting about a bug, but this isn't the "Bug and Complaints" subsection of the forum. The game is in Alpha. There are bugs. How about you go make a game that has absolutely no bugs is Alpha, then you can complain about Alpha issues. Who cares anyways? When the game officially releases, and probably when it hits beta, it'll be reset so anything you have now won't matter.

[/quote']

Yo yimi, why don't you go stfu you 1 post nooblet bitch. He has the right to be angry. I'd be pissed too if that happened to me. So fuck off you troll ass keyboard hero.

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

You're not alone in your grief over losing vehicles and tents' date=' as I have lost maybe 30+ different vehicles myself, across a few servers. I've had a Ural packed with rare loot disappear on me and my group. Despite this, I(we) have learned to just stifle our anger and rebuild what we had lost. RIP 2 Mk48s, M107, 3 DMRs, 3 antibiotics etc.

[/quote']

Seriously? I'm glad the database was reset, because people like you keep hoarding vehicles and not even using them so no one else gets to use them. I mean 30 vehicles seriously?

But what about my Mountain Dew! WAHH

T.T

So unfair!

P.S. i stole someone's car in the woods - next time hide it better.